Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

Thank goodness I don't have to do a pre op diet. I am so up and down about doing this surgery in the first place I don't think I could handle a diet. Anyway...if I could diet successfully I wouldn't need the band. I think I have to be on full liquids the day before the surgery though. I think I can manage one day.

Hi my name is Carrie and I am also being banded on August 10 by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. Really excited about starting this jouney with everyone! Anyone started the pre-op diet?

Hi Carrie, my date is August 1 with Dr. Spivak. I am counting the days. I wanted to go to Mexico with Dr. Ortiz but my hubby wanted me to get a Dr. in Houston where we live in case I have problems and for follow-up and fills. He has a very good repretation. He is also the first Dr. to do this surgery in the U.S. Good luck to you. Keep up informed on how you are doing.

I'm scheduled for August 17th (pending insurance approval) and I'm as scared as I am excited. I just wanna tell WANABTHIN that I know exactly how u feel. For the most part I am the fattest person in the room and on the beach I'm usually the fattest and the most covered up too. I'm a travel agent so I travel as much as I can. I'll be on a short cruise in early August and I'm hoping that that'll be my last vaca at this weight. I'll be doing a longer trip in Dec. and I hope that I've lost a considerable amount of weight by then. Enjoy your vacation as much as possible...after all, you only have 2 choices...enjoy it or don't enjoy it...so the best of luck to you and all of us Augusteers :-)

Hi! I am on August 7th also! Not scared about the surgery but scared about succeeding but I guess that is all up to us! Have you started a pre op diet?

Hey guys! On the liquid thing for the two weeks or whatever before, it has to be sugar free liquid right?

Hi fellow Crazy Ates,

I am scheduled to have the lap band done on August 8th. After reading some of the posts and seeing all the things many of you had to go through before even knowing your surgery date, makes me kinda grateful to be self pay. I am using Dr. Spivak and was surprised that I didnt need to have any pre-op tests or a pre-op diet other than him asking me to try to drop a few pounds on my own. I have a mixture of nervousness and excitement going on. I really wish time would go faster. I look forward to getting to know my fellow Crazy Ates.

Pam

I am a self pay too! Anyhow, he suggested that you lose some weight, does that mean that you will get your surgery on the same date even if you are not able to lose weight?

Isnt that statement programed into a doctor from med school? lol I will have the surgery on that date whether I lose any weight or not. I am hoping to lose a couple pounds atleast so that I can say I listened to him. :(

Fingers crossed, I'll be a REbanded newbie on August 13. There, I said it. I've been scared to post in this section for fear of jinxing it. But I'm on board, once again, as an August bandster!! (Even the first time around I was an August bandbaby.) It's a great time to be banded!

Why are you being REbanded? What went wrong?

Hi fellow Crazy Ates,

I am scheduled to have the lap band done on August 8th. After reading some of the posts and seeing all the things many of you had to go through before even knowing your surgery date, makes me kinda grateful to be self pay. I am using Dr. Spivak and was surprised that I didnt need to have any pre-op tests or a pre-op diet other than him asking me to try to drop a few pounds on my own. I have a mixture of nervousness and excitement going on. I really wish time would go faster. I look forward to getting to know my fellow Crazy Ates.

Pam

I am scheduled for August 1 with Dr. Spivak. I understand from all I have heard and read that we have a pretty great Doctor. I to had no pre-op diet thank goodness. I did have to have blood work and a EKG but that is probably because of my age. All was fine so I am ready to go. Scared to death and hoping I am making the right decision. It is such a huge life change for all of us. I never worried what I put in my mouth or if I chewed enough...just how much I could shove in and how fast I could shove it. It's gona be hard to take small bites and chew till the food is mush. But I guess we will learn. My greatest worry is how I will be able to eat without taking a drink every 3 bites. I am a huge tea drinker. Lots of new things to learn on this journey.

Hi Carrie, my date is August 1 with Dr. Spivak. I am counting the days. I wanted to go to Mexico with Dr. Ortiz but my hubby wanted me to get a Dr. in Houston where we live in case I have problems and for follow-up and fills. He has a very good repretation. He is also the first Dr. to do this surgery in the U.S. Good luck to you. Keep up informed on how you are doing.

hi munchi

I have my surgery august 7, in ypsi mi.