Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg I'm dying...not really but...

I am 2 weeks out and on pureed foods and just tried refried Beans and I don't know it I ate too fast or what but I feel like my chest is exploding. I took tiny bites and chewed it to death and thought I ate slow enough....maybe my sleeve just doesn't like beans???

They were too thick and solid for me. I had to thin them out before I could tolerate them, and even then I don't think I could eat more than an ounce the first few times I ate them.

pureed foods was the hardest phase for me. You may have to be a little cautious trying new things. Maybe just a couple bites until you know your stomach can handle it. I eventually went back to full liquid plus some Soups, my stomach was just too unhappy. It does get better and a lot more quickly than you would think.

I watered my refried Beans down with Water to make it kinda soupy. And I only do 2 tablespoons at a time for a meal, since I am just out of purees myself.

Thanks everyone. I feel better now. I think they were too thick/dry. Note to self...baby steps. :)

@@Jnizzi today I accidentally went ahead a week on the diet plan. I had chicken salad that I made with canned chicken lots of mayo and boiled egg. It went down fine. I chewed it to tiny pieces. I only ate about 2 tablespoons of it. But, alas, I have to let my hubs finish it off. I am back to soupy refried Beans and cottage cheese and Soup tomorrow. I'm such a dork.

I'm also at the purée stage and I tried to also eat some solid food and lord help me it was the worst experience even though I only had two bites of chicken and I chewed it 30 times ... I think my love of chicken is gone I can't do any meat none purée for sure I have been back on Soup for four days now ... The purée stage is weird ... I wanted to try some chili with no meat and mashed Beans but I'm afraid of the gas. I screwed up and sipped out of a straw before I realized that I had been doing it ... I had gas all in my back .. My husband helped I thought I was sore from swimming (I know it was toon soon for that too) and everytime he pressed on my back I would burp lol ... Lessons ... I now am more conscious of straws it was such a habit pre wls and now you can't pay me to drink out of one.