Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

if anyone can relate please help me....

.....so glad you feel better. My heart was breaking for you as I read your thread. I came online to ask a question, and this caught my eye and I decided to read. I'm glad I did.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do what you have to do to get well. Have you called the counselor who approved for you to have the surgery? Maybe you can talk to her/him also. I was just banded May 31st and my counsler made me sign an agreement to have 4 visits with her the first year after being banded. The wonderful thing about going to this therapist, she had weight loss surgery 8 years ago, and can relate to my struggles. I suggest you get in therapy, as well as continue to come to this AWESOME website for support.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I pray you will not loose your band, but if you have to, YOUR LIFE is more important.

BE ENCOURAGED!!!!

Rachel, I'm so glad you had an unfill! That will allow you the space to take the best possible care of yourself and heal up. Once you DO start to feel better, though, take care to not overeat because you think you "can." Once you do go back on solids, take it very slowly and carefully. Try to remember how lousy these last few weeks were and realize how easily you could be right back in that same place.

Take good care!!

guys thank you SO much from the bottom of my heart for all of your support. it means so much to me and is so helpful.

i actually went in today to nyc to have a complete unfill... i already feel better...(i can take a deep breath without sharp pain etc...)

wow. i was banded in jan. so yes i am new to this, but i learrned my lesson this time (finally... the hard way.) i need to follow the rules and stop fighting this band....although i'm the first to admit it's a lot harder than i thought it would be.... sign me up for when they have the "head" surgery to go with the band....

anyway. you guys are truly wonderful!!!

thank you,

rachel

Racel, do you still have your gallbladder? Some of the symptoms, pain after eating and vomiting bile, are associated with gall stones.

rachel. From the sounds of it, you had food particles stuck in the neck of your stomach. That is the part separating the pouch from the rest of the stomach to which the band encirles. When you had all the fill out the stuck food moved down to the stomach. Stay on liquids for as long as you can just like you did when you where in the first few days of your recovery from the operation. You probably are badly enflamed. Until the soreness subsides, stay on liquids. Definately try to get an exray to see what the band is doing if you can. Whe you find yourself getting hungry, sip a warm broth until you feel satisfied. Keep those hands and mind busy by walking, going on the internet, whatever. You go girl. You can do it. Doddie

Make sure you stay unfilled. Look for the pictures of what a slipped band looks like from a post that Dr. Curry or is it Currie posted. That picture was enough to make me stay on liquids after a pb.

I have just been through the exact same thing you are talking about!

I ended up in the hospital after I started throwing up blood. I never would have gone to the hospital if I hadn't seen chunks of thick blood come flying out of my mouth. Thank God I did. I was completely dehydrated and the x-rays showed that my stomach was bulging over the top of my band like an opened can of biscuits!!

I just thought I was overeating or eating the wrong things...I'd PB for hours. As soon as my stomach was calm again, I would try to eat because I was starving for some real food! Then I would throw that right up and get back into the same cycle.

I went to the doctor and they took 4cc's out of my band. (I had a total of 6)

She had me do liquids and soft foods for a week which I TRIED to stick you (just like you said!) but was STARVING because I had no restriction! I gained back 8 pounds that week!

But when I went back to the doctor a week later, my stomach was no longer swollen and I was able to start from scratch, adding Fluid to the band and moving up to a restriction that's comfortable for me. I am going in today to have a little taken out because I am again having trouble keeping solids down.

But you MUST go into the doctor and have them do a barium swallow x-ray so you can see exactly what you're doing to your stomach and band with all of this vomiting. Its extremely enlightening. Now every time I need to PB, I imagine my stomach bulging and its much easier for me to stick to liquids until I can get back into the doctor for a little unfill.

I was also a self-pay and so I am determined to prove to my family that this thing is going to work!

But it can't work if you fight it!

GOOD LUCK!