Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats the worst you've heard?

Nana, a good answer to the rude little doctor would have been, "yes, I am fat and you are a midget, but I have the option of losing weight." This is a paraphrase of Winston Churchill's famous response to a lady member of parliament who called him out on being drunk. He acknowledged that he was, then pointed out that she was ugly, and told her that he could sober up.

Good luck on your surgery and welcome to bandland. :lol:

Reminds me of the time in Norfolk, VA, when I was at a bakery picking up my son's birthday cake... a woman stormed in and demanded to be waited on because she was running late. Seems she was in some way affiliated with a church that was having an event for an outgoing priest. The clerk was a little rattled by the interloper's behavior. I said I didn't mind waiting so the clerk excused herself and went to the back to check on the church lady's cake.

She was gone longer than it should have taken and when she came back, she sheepishly said that she was very sorry but the cake wasn't ready yet. The church lady exploded. She ranted and raved and screamed and hollered, ending with the statement that they would never get the church's business again. The baker in the back room heard all the fuss, came from the back and stepped up to the counter. He said, "Mrs. Blake, I am sorry that you are running behind, but the cake was not promised until 11 AM and it is only 10 AM now. Could you please come back in about 20 minutes and I'll have it ready for you."

Well no, that wasn't good enough for the church lady. As soon as the baker returned to the kitchen, she started reaming the clerk's arse again. I couldn't stand it anymore. I stepped between her pointed finger and the clerk and told her that she was being very rude and that she should not take her frustration out on the clerk and that she should calm down.

Oh boy! She threw up both her hands and looked at me and screamed, "This is none of your business and you need to butt out!!" I stared her straight in the eye and said, "Lady, you are very, very ugly. If I were the owner, I would throw you out of my store."

That did shut her up. She stormed out saying that she'd be back in 20 minutes. I picked up my cake from the shaking clerk and went on my way.

The next time I went in the bakery about a week later, the clerk yelled into the back room and the baker and 2 other people came out. She told them, "This is the lady that took up for me when Mrs. Blake was here!" They all 4 gave me a round of applause and big thank yous. It was a very rewarding experience. My cake that day was on the house. :whoo:

I can't believe I'm posting this; it's so hurtful.

My EX-husband once called me a "lazy, fat, waddling cow." That was the day my heart died and my marriage ended, although not officially until years later (should have kicked that @sshole out ASAP).

THEN he had the audacity to complain that I wouldn't let him touch me for weeks (no sex). Well, DUH! Every time I took my clothes off I heard those words.

Abusive prick.

Thanks, BJean. I appreciate the support.

And all my kiddoes CAN be sweet!!! :wacko:

newgal07: You should have accused him of being into beastiality.

I had a boss (female) once who was in the conference room right outside my office. She was speaking with her construction manager about a particular client who I had just spoken with on the telephone. Their door was open and I asked her if she wanted to know what the client had just told me on the phone. She glared at me and said, "Here I am trying to have a conversation and you come sliding in on shit!"

I ran, not walked, to the restroom and cried my eyes out. That was the day I quit my job. I officially left 2 weeks and 2 days later, but as far as I was concerned when she spoke those words to me, you coulda stuck a fork in me 'cause I was done!

P.S. She begged and pleaded with me to stay. I told her I just couldn't stay any longer and I found a great replacement. I don't believe in burning bridges so I never told her why I left. Later the gal who I hired to replace me told me that she talked about me horribly after I left. Go figure. :confused:

"Here I am trying to have a conversation and you come sliding in on shit!"

Is that supposed to mean something in particular, because it just sounds ridiculous and nonsensical, to me. Not to mention COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

But I like your style. I don't believe in running people down either -- their character will show itself soon enough!

A few years ago we moved to a new town and started attending a church that was much, much smaller than we were used to. I was pretty taken aback as one by one, all the other women proceeded to tell me things the others children had done. All but one lady. Although her kids were frequently brought up by the others, she never ever said anything bad about any parent or child or told of misbehaviors big or small.

You can probably guess who it was that became my bestest friend!

Yay Nana! I don't blame you for hanging onto the best of the group!

My father taught me that when you're the new person at your job, beware of the one person that seems like they are the nicest and friendliest and the most concerned about you getting on board. They will turn out to be your worst enemy and the quiet one will turn out to be the most honest and sincere person in the place. I've found that to be true in many group situations. Not 100%, but more often than not.

Sounds like it was true at your new church.

As for my former boss, she told me once that her remark was one of her dad's favorites. I never really understood it, but I did know that she meant it in a very insulting way. She was one of those people who came on really strong like she had my best interests at heart and like she actually cared, but in a very short time, her true nature came through and I was shocked. All she truly cared about was money. Man, life's too short to live that way, doncha think?

P.S. Congratulations on your new band!!! Hope you're doing fine and well on your way to a healthier, slimmer you!

P.S. Congratulations on your new band!!! Hope you're doing fine and well on your way to a healthier, slimmer you!

Thank you, I'm so excited just to be here!

I remembered a "worst" story my sister told me. A few years ago the store she worked for had a huge buffet table set out for their Christmas party. People came and went as their lunch breaks permitted.

She walked into the room -- there were about 30-40 people in line or seated. The store manager had his plate in hand, but had stopped to chat with someone. He looked up and saw her come in the door and announced in a very loud voice, "Uh-oh, I'd better get in line while I can, Regenia's here!!" As if there'd be no food left when she was done.

She said you could have heard a pin drop -- everyone was horrified that someone would be that malicious in front of everyone.

At every evaluation he'd bring up OE or WW he'd say, "I used to be a fatty like you, before I did xyz..."

As far as I'm concerned, that's harassment! It would be a really crummy thing for a co-worker to say, but for a boss, it's unforgivable!

As far as I'm concerned, that's harassment! It would be a really crummy thing for a co-worker to say, but for a boss, it's unforgivable!

Yes, it was and her and some other ladies filed complaint after complaint. For a while he made it really hard on them -- putting them in positions he thought they couldn't physically handle or that would publically humiliate them. They held strong though and finally the company got tired of all the complaints and moved him elsewhere or let him go all together.

Good for them for sticking together! He needed to be run out of town!

Probably another 'proud' graduate of the "Public Humiliation as Motivation" school of thought. I've met many of them in my life -- was born and raised by one!

But you'd think, having "been a fatty' himself, he'd stop and think, what if my daughter inherits my weight issues -- how would I feel if someone talked to her or my wife like that....?

I have a million stories. But since it is 1:30 a.m. I will tell just one. I was pretty much keeping it a secret that I am going to have lap band. One day, my sister-in-law and her hubby were here for dinner. I confided to her. She nearly fell off the sofa. She said that she and her husband, Ben were watching Opra or Dr. Phill, one of those mindless shows and they were discussing lap band. Well, they got to discussing ME AND HOW I SHOULD HAVE LAP BAND!!!! She was so proud of herself because she had the idea first. She did not let it drop all evening. As I was cramming a burger down my throat, she told the story again. Well, this sister in law is an alcholic and I would have died before I confronted her and in front of anyone. Some people have guts!!!! I will think of more tomorrow, because I have tons!!!