Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV (Non Scale Victories)

I bought "pretty panties" 2 sizes smaller than in the past!!!! Normally I purchase panties from Wal-mart (Hanes--Pack of 5)....

I bought "pretty panties" 2 sizes smaller than in the past!!!! Normally I purchase panties from Wal-mart (Hanes--Pack of 5)....

well come on ! lets see em!

I love the fact that we still own "skinny someday clothes" from 9 and 10 yrs ago....I'm hoping that soon I will be sharing these stories...Dec 18th is my band date!! I certainly have a few things in my closet...

Hey Mendypoo-how's it going?? Congrats on your date.. you can do it!

well my recent nsv would be that I am much more comfortable at movie theaters-I can actually sit there and not be shoulder to shoulder with my neighbor anymore!!woo, hoo!!

I love the fact that we still own "skinny someday clothes" from 9 and 10 yrs ago....I'm hoping that soon I will be sharing these stories...Dec 18th is my band date!! I certainly have a few things in my closet...

I am glad to hear you have a few sizes in your closet. I did too and I used them all on the way down, so I am not sorry I kept them around. Now, however, 6 pounds from goal, I am finding myself having to buy a completly new wardrobe.

Congratulations on your date, what a great gift to yourself.

Even though I haven't lost one flippin' pound since surgery, I know my body is reshaping with exercise. I've been putting on shirts and a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a few years. I was wearing a pair of jeans from pre-surg this week-end that are big and comfy, but I thought didn't look too bad. My 14 y/o nephew wanted to know why I (an old broad of 50..my words, not his) was wearing "gangster" pants!! I guess it's time to put those away. He got a big hug from me. When I told him I had lost weight, he gave me a thumbs up and told me I looked good. :clap2:

I was cleaning out my closet and found a skirt I wore in college - That was 23 years ago. I remember feeling so good when I wore this skirt, and looking good too :). I tried the skirt on and it did not fit, but I decided that it was my goal in life to fit back into this skirt. I'm so happy I still have it!

I hung it on my bedroom door so every morning as I leave I will see it and remember my goal!

I can't wait to fit back into it! I can't believe I still have it - lol. This shows how much my closet needs to be cleaned out!

Even though I haven't lost one flippin' pound since surgery, I know my body is reshaping with exercise. I've been putting on shirts and a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a few years. I was wearing a pair of jeans from pre-surg this week-end that are big and comfy, but I thought didn't look too bad. My 14 y/o nephew wanted to know why I (an old broad of 50..my words, not his) was wearing "gangster" pants!! I guess it's time to put those away. He got a big hug from me. When I told him I had lost weight, he gave me a thumbs up and told me I looked good. :clap2:

Sounds like a serious NSV to me! Big congrats, eh. And you will be losing the lbs, too. Keep on enjoying the trip. :D

I can't believe that I'm posting this,since it's so personal, but it's a big deal for me and I feel comfortable on this board...

When dh and I were intimate over the weekend, I was able to get into a position that we haven't been able to make work in about 2 years due to my weight.:biggrin1:

it's so worth giving up diet coke, bread and pizza

I can't believe that I'm posting this,since it's so personal, but it's a big deal for me and I feel comfortable on this board...

When dh and I were intimate over the weekend, I was able to get into a position that we haven't been able to make work in about 2 years due to my weight.:biggrin1:

it's so worth giving up diet coke, bread and pizza

haha funny because I was going to post one similar to this but wasnt sure if I should or not..Finally had "fun" with one of my guy friends because I am not too embrassed..Ive had a thing for him for like a year, but hes pretty athletic...:D so I didnt want to take that step and show off my fat.... finally Im comfortable with my body

THEN to make it better, I needed to do laundry so went to my lilttle sisters room and borrowed jeans from her..a little sister who thinks shes fat when she wears a 10...and I fit into some of her jeans:whoo:

Hi there...I am new to this site and am in desperate need of some encouragement. I am only 6 days post op (lap band) and SCARED TO DEATH!! My fear is that I wont loose weight. Do you recall feeling this way?? I guess I just don't know how much weight I should expect to loose? How often should I weigh? I know myself and I can become a "slave" to the scale. NSV sounds great to me but that would require patience...Something I lack terribly...PLEASE HELP

Hi there and welcome to LBT!!

Did I have days I feared not losing weight??:cry

Only every day that I wake up! :D

Seriously!

You just will have to be patient. I've stalled out several times in 3 months because I want to speed things up by eating less and less. But it's counter-productive. Just choose healthy things and then eat what your band will permit you to. The weight WILL come off.

Watch for those changes in how your clothes fit. Listen for remarks from friends and family. And expect to still seriously doubt anything is happening. But it is.

Oh, and get plenty of Water and exercise -- those two things seem to make the most difference to my progress.

As to weighing -- that's a personal choice. I can completely see the wisdom in weighing infrequently or not-at-all if you're easily discouraged.

OTOH, I always say, "If there's GOOD news, I want to know it ASAP!"

I weigh every morning between the first trip to the bathroom and the first trip to the fridge. Sure -- there are plenty of days I'm frustrated. BUT, I can then channel that frustration. It makes the difference between putting on my shoes to go walk right THEN or postponing it and possibly not getting it in at all that day. Likewise, if I've seen PROGRESS :whoo: on the scales that morning, it's easier to make the healthiest possible choices all day long.

Hope that made sense.

Congrats everyone!!! Great NSVs.

I am constantly amazed by the things I fit through. I take up way less space in reality than I do in my head...In my head I am still a million gagillion inches wide... But fitting between people and things is WAY easier now!

Rain

I run into everything with my boobs (sorry guys). My stomach is not out there to be my bouncer/buffer any more. I hit people with them, walls and everything else that gets near. It's a little embarrassing :)

Also, I LOVE crossing my legs now. I do it ALL the time!!!