Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am having so many problems. I had gastric bypass on 6\25\13. I was 301 when I started. Now 22 months later, I am 139. I am 5'7". I did stop loosing Christmas of 2014. Then, boom, my weight just kept coming off. For the longest time. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a fat woman. A few days ago, I was getting into the shower and was shocked at what I looked like.

I also just had a Tummy Tuck on 3\20\15. Still recovering. I am stuck on calorie counting. Plus I have no appetite. Some days I can only eat a half can of Soup, all day.

Example, 5:07 p.m. and I have not eaton today. No appetite.

Also, my insurance cut my doctor's out.

I need someone who is going through this process to help.

I lost friends over this due to them being jealous.

I just found this site last night. Looking forward to hearing from everyone. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry your experiencing such difficulty, but not eating is obviously NOT good. You need to force yourself to eat, despite your lack of appetite. Eat small portions every 3 hours. Your body is healing right now and needs the energy to heal. Please don't make yourself sick by not eating.

Hi, Kimberly--

I'm so glad you found this site, and I hope others having your challenges find and respond to your post. While I'm not one of them, I felt compelled to comment because I was recently revised from a lap band to a bypass and am having quite a bit anxiety around food and eating. As a result, two months after my surgery, most of my meals are still Protein drinks or Soup. My anxiety is the result of a rough recovery following surgery and lots of ongoing vomiting and stomach issues. I'm very apprehensive about eating because I don't know what's going to make me throw up or sick. Fortunately, I'm aware of this and working with a therapist and my doctors to get past it.

Would you consider seeing a therapist? Do you know when you lost your appetite or if it was related to a specific event? Could you at least stomach Protein shakes or teas or even smoothies while you're getting to the bottom of your eating issues? Does your insurance company employ a nurse practioner or some other professional you can speak with about your challenges and who can help you connect with another doctor covered by your plan? While those "friends" shouldn't be your primary concern, a therapist or support group might also help you to deal with any feelings of betrayal or loneliness, which could also be impacting your appetite.

I wish you all the best, Kimberly. Please take care of yourself!

Regards,

Bridgett

Thank you BOTH so very much for your coments! I am seeing a theropist. She is great but also very concerned. I have discovered I am just so AFRAID of gaining the weight back.

My Doctor never gave me a calorie amount. Just kept pushing 80 grams of Protein. I do still use Unjury. I have a perscription for it. I try to sip it. After 2-3 sips I am full.

I guess there are those who gain the weight back and then there are about 10% of people that are like me. AFRAID of food..

I was just o hocked with what I saw the other day in the mirror. I am working so hard. I need to put muscle back on. In about 6 weeks or so, I caan be cleared to work out again. I have the total gym in the basement.

Me and my mom watch 'my 600 lb life'. I am just shocked at how they can eat real food so soon after surgery.

My husband had to almost force me to drink the 1 once of Water every hour for weeks after surgery.

I just had a tough time after it. It was about 3 months pot op till I tried solid foods.

Like I said, I did stall last Christmas 2014. I was stuck at 180. Then after the new year. I just started loosing like crazy. I have a great PCP. He tells me how proud he is of me.

Would I do it all over again?

YES with a YES!!!

Before I could not walk more then 20 feet without my knees hurting or back hurting.

Now (well before my tummy tuck) I could walk a mile in 15 minutes. To me, that is amazing.

I don't want to discorage anyone. This is what happened to me.

I think this site is wonderful. I only wish I found it sooner.

I love the fact that now I have people ho care that have been through what I have.

So thank you...

I look forwrd to hearing from more people about their stories.

Hi again, Kimberly--

Thank you so much for your follow-up. In spite of your current challenges, you've made amazing and inspiring progress. I hope you feel proud of yourself. My best wishes as you continue to heal your relationship with food.

Continue to take good care!

Bridgett

Quick up date:

Today I had 1/2 cup of egg beaters (LOVE THEM) store brand of course, lol

1/2 piece of turkey bacon (walmart Oscar myer $3.49)

It was painful in my pouch BUT I kept it down. Total calorie 50

It's 5:00 and because of the support from this website I am gonna try to drink an unjury Protein shake.

It might take me all night, but I am determinded to do it.

Went for a walk in the stores today. Stilll very sore from the Tummy Tuck though. Hd to come home and take a 30mg of morphine. Feels like the seems are pulling. But it wa greaT TO GET OUT!!!

I treated myself to a pair of atrechy yoga like shorts. Smallest they had was a medium. There a little big, but WOW a Walmart medium. This storee runs on the small size.

Still amaze me.

I also noticed that now that I am not a size 22-24 they relly have very pretty plus size cloths now, lol. It figures, lol.

Thanks agin for the support. I will keep updating.

Premier Protein has an 11 oz ready to drink (RTD) shake that is 160 calories, tastes goods, and is smooth and easy to get down. Muscle milk has an 11 oz RTD as well that is slightly higher in calories. I am glad that you are eating. Hope you continue to get better and improve on your calorie intake.