Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 week liquid diet post op

Yeah I get this extreme bloated feeling after about an ounce....

I use the dannon greek yogurt and add Isopure for a whooping 37grams total. It's good for 2 of my mini meals on full liquids.

For what ever reason I'm nervous to add Protein Powder to my yogurt. It's one of the few things I'm eating right now and I don't want to go off it!

I'm nervous about the puréed stage. I have huge issues with texture and while I had hoped it may resolve its self somewhat over the month of liquid only it doesn't seem to have made much difference. I fear I'll be living off yogurts and cottage cheese for Protein before I progress to the soft food stage.

Good luck to us!

The pureed stage for me was not a good one because of the texture issue. I ended up ruining eggs for me probably forever. I used to love them but I pureed them to make a little egg salad during that phase. I ended up getting sick from the texture and smell. I am now 6 months post op and have tried eggs many different ways and I cannot get past it. Ugh!

For me, I ended up living on cottage cheese, yogurt and Protein shakes during that phase. I wish I could share better news. I did try pureeing all kinds of things like chicken, turkey, beef and using different sauces but could not get past the texture.

Good luck to you!

My NUT gave me the suggestion while on purred food to use a cream Soup like cream of chicken and add baby food chicken. She said once u blend it together u would never know it had baby food in it. I'm working up my brain to try it when I switch to purred.....lol

Cottage cheese and yogurt i m thinking will get me through as well. The sound of pureed chicken beef, etc. Just sounds nasty. I'm having a hard time with my Soups. I have to dilute everything and can't get past the awful taste, and my go to flavored crystal lite is just way too sweet. I crave ice cold Water, the Popsicles have been helping with that a bit.

I've been eating Greek yogurt and cottage cheese for two days. Today I tried a scrambled egg after some debate (my list of allowable food says scrambled eggs, and does not mention needing to purée them further). I took small bites and chewed carefully, so far so good!

As you mentioned @@Djmohr pureeing things like meat and even vegetables sounds like a no win situation.

Reading the details of my diet it sounds like once I'm able to eat 1/2 cup of food for each of my 5 'meals' I can move onto adding soft foods 1-2 tbsp at at time! I don't want to rush anything but at the time time I'm only eating 3 foods so I don't see this purée stage lasting longer than this weekend.

I am so full just getting in my 5oz of liquids every hour it makes my stomach turn to think of actually eating anything. Honestly it's kind of nice to not be focused on food all the time.

At least you’ve discovered a trick…keep yourself occupied with work and anything else besides food so your diet seems less boring! And now when you get to pureed foods, you’ll be able to appreciate every bit of variety you can get!

I had my surgery on April 23rd at 7:30am. Of course my friend came on the 22nd which sucked since you wear a tampon. I was out of surgery around 1pm. I have been in ICU since Thursday afternoon. My doctor said I will be in here until Monday, Tuesday the latest. Monday, he is going to do the stomach test to see if everything is working properly. I won't have anything to drink or eat until Monday.

Prepost weight 274

14 days of liquid diet, cheated twice

Day of surgery 258.4

I am not sure how much I weigh now and my body is swollen from the gas that they fill your tummy before surgery and the fluids that are going into me 24/7.