Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my sleeve 4 days ago. I feel terrible, having trouble getting Water and Protein down. I'm averaging 45 ounces of water and maybe 10 grams of protein per day. Im probably just being a baby but I almost wish I hadn't had it. It's hard doing this by yourself. I know it will be better in a few weeks, I'm just having difficulty adjusting. And sleeping.

You are very early out. All of what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. Some of us do better doing things alone than others. This board can be a big source of support. Consider us your support group. If you continue to have difficulty sleeping call your doctor and see about getting something short term. Once you get enough rest it will be easier to handle the adjustments your body is making. Just keep sipping so you don't get dehydrated.

Ok. Here we go...are you ready? If you don't have any yet, go get some unflavored Protein Powder, then add it to some cold Water and mix well. Then add some Water Enhancer drops, to your liking. That should go down a lot easier. If you can't find the powder, Amazon.com has it. And your grocery probably has the drops. That will get you your Protein AND your water. Keep sipping, my dear......

Thanks guys. I think my hormones are all over the place. Battling depression doesn't help either. Someone had told me about zero carb Isopure? It's more of a Water consistency and may be easier for me to keep down. Since it's mostly water could it go towards my liquid intake as well?

I thought I had ruined my life for the first 1-2 weeks after surgery. Try drinking with a straw. They tell you not to do that because you might drink too much and give yourself a stomachache, but I couldn't get enough Fluid in until I started drinking with a straw. I'm almost a year and a half out and I use a straw everyday. It eliminated the painful chunking feeling of Fluid going down my esophagus.

Don't worry...it won't stink forever. A few months from now you will be on the "I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!" train with most of the rest of us. :)

Thanks guys. I think my hormones are all over the place. Battling depression doesn't help either. Someone had told me about zero carb Isopure? It's more of a Water consistency and may be easier for me to keep down. Since it's mostly water could it go towards my liquid intake as well?

Buy one and try it. I found I prefer the powder but mix it with water. I'm allergic dyes & artificial sugars but a lot of people like these and as mentioned it does double duty in terms of water & Protein

honey I remember going through what seemed to be the longest month of my life. I did it! I understand. its normal. it gets better I promise each day that passes.after my 2nd wk I would bust into tears like I did going through PP depression. my hormones were everywhere. it passes. hang in there. I was several wks before I was able to get all required fluids. I ordered differant brands of Proteins I wasted alot of money kinda (hubs drinks it now)..:) I added a teas of unflavored in Soup, hot tea, coffee, yogurt etc...even if it was just a bite here an there I had Protein mixed in with it. as far as shakes I drank the pure protein shakes..high protein very low in sugar/carbs if any...I bought so many brands I was stocked and threw alot out! theres a brand of flavored powders assortment that I bought that was full of protein but didnt taste like protein and they are really good. maybe someone else might know what I am talking about my kitchen pantry goods are packed up we are remodling so it looks like Im moving! sip sip sip away! dont beat yourself up. just stay hydrated and drink sips all day long...Im sorry your having some depression. I suffer from MDD and others I went through this as well. hang in there. your at the right place..I was questioning myself at the end of the 4 wks "what the h*** have I done?" then it vanished!! after the head games and the brain went through the withdrawls I was sooo happy I went through this. it has changed my life like nothing else ! its soo worth it! xx

I remember 4 days post-op. Anything going down my throat felt like it was stuck...even Water. My throat would have a spasm and it felt like I was having a heart attack. I was so depressed because I thought I had screwed myself up but good! I had to sleep propped up on pillows in a near seated position. The slightest twist or turn made my incisions hurt. There was no way in hell I was going to be able to drink the amount of Water they wanted me to. I was lucky to get 12 ozs down in a day...swallowing hurt that much. My Protein drinks came right back up no matter how I tried. I ended up having to put Protein Powder in orange juice....forbidden juice....but that was literally the only way I could keep it down. Standing up took a lot of effort and sitting back down hurt.

Well, I am 4 weeks post op now and I tell you all that you are feeling right now will improve every day. Every day your throat will hurt a little less. Every day your belly will feel a little better.

How did I make it? I brought all 9 seasons of Criminal Minds and spend my days laying on the couch and watching television and napping. :D By the time I was 7 days post-op I was able to swallow well enough to drop the oj and get with the program.

Be as kind to yourself as you can and hold on.

Need to get more Liquid Protein. Go to a local natural grocers (ie: Whole Foods, Sprouts) and get Bone Broth. It has 9 grams of Protein in 8 oz. Then use one egg and scramble it. Slowly whisk the egg into the boiling broth. You have egg drop Soup and 13 grams of protein!post-33220-14297255365445_thumb.jpg

Need to get more liquid Protein. Go to a local natural grocers (ie: Whole Foods, Sprouts) and get Bone Broth. It has 9 grams of protein in 8 oz. Then use one egg and scramble it. Slowly whisk the egg into the boiling broth. You have egg drop Soup and 13 grams of protein!attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1429725534.750344.jpg

going to get some for myself!