Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi boys and gals,

I just got home from getting sleeved and let me tell you the experience was by far a crazy and far out trip. First of all, I really wasn't prepared to get 6 punctures into my belly and being filled up with air to have my stomach reduced and how it would feel afterward.

The honest truth is during the hospital stay of one night, arrival 7:30 am and went home next day 3pm, I had liberal free way use of a dilauded (sp.?) pump that was also dripping .02 percent cocktail the entire time.

I was fine laying in bed and not feeling much pain or discomfort until barely being able to get to the bathroom to change sanitary pads and pee (yes lucky me - Aunt P came to visit). The beginning was a blur, I know people were helping me and were very sweet and caring. Eventually about 8-9 pm I was able to get around the room by myself to go to bathroom (boyfriend went home at 10pm to take care of dog and work next day). All through the night I was pretty self sufficient with my button, but the nurses kept me on a lot of anti nausea medicines through the IV and a anti gas / acid solution the next morning, plus the pain pump, I thought I'd just breeze right through this.

Now I'm in bed with my sweet sister. My throat is definitely sore and hoarse, I have a little air in my tummy that won't go away and the stab wounds in my stomach are very dull and achey. I feel icky and have been getting up to burp and sip Water. I tried sipping Isopure grape clear liquid but it was disgusting. Nurse says drink lots of water which is what I'll try to do.

Let me just say this is a major deal and if I knew I'd have to have surgery to stop being obese, I would have never got fat to begin with!

Well wishes and many thanks to night nurse and day nurses at Saint David's in Austin, TX.

post-248908-0-72932500-1426645819_thumb.jpg

I remember the first week barely..walk

ing around seemed to help the gas pain and the norco they sent me home with.If you are burping that sounds like a good thing! Hang out by yourself and it will be fine! Good luck!

The experience is different for everyone. You will be singing a different tune in a month or two. Just wait. Recovery stinks in almost all cases. It will get better.

Day 2

Showered up and sipping Water slowly, showered and sucked a pop sickle. My sister had to blow dry my hair and I've had pain meds every 4 hours because I need it! Pain and soreness from incisions every time I transition from sitting/laying/standing.

Slep soundly however had terrible dreams.

Woke up to stand/walk at 2:30 am and again at 7:30am. Trying to work on burping/releasing air.

Feel a bit better from yesterday, for sure!

Able to tolerate bigger sips.

Anybody else out there going through recovery or in their first 48 hours?

I just had my surgery on the 16th at at davids as well! Who was ur surgeon?

It's pretty sucky for me too, I started my period and I'm sipping on broth at the moment...everytime I sip I can feel it traveling with gas for a moment and then the pain goes away...isopure is harder to tolerate after but I was told by the nurse that just called to try mixing with a little Water...

I'm right there with u, but it will get better I know it

Edited by foreversleeved08

My surgeon was Ganta' @foreversleeved08.

I just got back from Petco and quick trip to Dillard's, my sister drove of course.

Back to codeine city and in my pajamas.

My surgeon was Ganta' @foreversleeved08.

I just got back from Petco and quick trip to Dillard's, my sister drove of course.

Back to codeine city and in my pajamas.

Omg! Dr Ganta was my surgeon too, I bet we were recovering in the same hallway lol that's so funny, enjoy codeine city! I can't take anymore because I can't get it all down in one go so it's just 500mg Tylenol for me from now on! Praying for u

What a small world. I'm praying for you too! Did you have the night nurse Dan? He was super sweet, very compassionate and caring.

I was very impressed with the entire team at St. David's, it made all the difference.

Can't wait to shed this weight! I was at Dillards laughing with my sister that I can't wait to kiss that blasted plus size department goodbye! One day at a time though, right!

What a small world. I'm praying for you too! Did you have the night nurse Dan? He was super sweet, very compassionate and caring.

I was very impressed with the entire team at St. David's, it made all the difference.

Can't wait to shed this weight! I was at Dillards laughing with my sister that I can't wait to kiss that blasted plus size department goodbye! One day at a time though, right!

No I don't believe so, I had a woman, but I sadly do not remember her name because i was high as a kite on those pain killers! I couldn't sleep but for 25 minutes at a time, i would constantly be up. and yes I keep taking it one day at a time, but I'm secretly jumping on that scale, i know the loss isn't accurate right now and its not the best thing to do, but it sure does help me along this stage of "what the hell did i do to myself" haha I know this is the best decision i could have made, but nothing good comes easy, we will get there! :)

@@foreversleeved08, how are you feeling today? Any better? My tummy hurts and I have diarrhea. Having a hard time getting down Jello, no appetite at all actually.

Going to try and get out a little bit today (my sister is driving back to Dallas tonight and I want to get her a little thank you gift for staying with me), but I think what is helping most with gas pains and abdominal pain is the moving around and about apartment, at least once an hour and taking pain med every four hours.

I hope you are progressing, I've only lost 2 lbs since surgery date but I'll take it.

I called Ganta's office btw to ask about diarrhea and they said it was normal. Also let Katie know I made a friend with another patient online who got sleeved same day and she got a good laugh and said she'd let him know.

Hugs and all the best!

@@foreversleeved08, how are you feeling today? Any better? My tummy hurts and I have diarrhea. Having a hard time getting down Jello, no appetite at all actually.

Going to try and get out a little bit today (my sister is driving back to Dallas tonight and I want to get her a little thank you gift for staying with me), but I think what is helping most with gas pains and abdominal pain is the moving around and about apartment, at least once an hour and taking pain med every four hours.

I hope you are progressing, I've only lost 2 lbs since surgery date but I'll take it.

I called Ganta's office btw to ask about diarrhea and they said it was normal. Also let Katie know I made a friend with another patient online who got sleeved same day and she got a good laugh and said she'd let him know.

Hugs and all the best!

Hey! I'm feeling a lot better today actually, not quite the zombie I have felt like for the past few days after surgery, thanks for asking! I'm tolerating Water so much better, doesn't hurt to go down and my Isopure is going down with less pressure (I'm sure u know what I mean)...I tried Jello last night and that will take a few days to get used to..after about 3 tiny bites with a baby spoon, I was done with it. I do have some appetite for things besides what we have to eat, but I know it's head hunger! So trying to keep busy. I have some diarrhea too lol but hey atleast we are having bowel movements baha!

I think the reason why I feel a lot better is because I'm off of the codeine, I still feel some pain with my incisions/belly (like I did hundreds of sit-ups) on Tylenol but it's tolerable and I don't feel groggy which I like!

I've been eyeing my creamy Tomato Soup that is awaiting me when we progress to full liquid

So far I have lost 6 pounds, Water and Protein are both lacking though, all I did was sleep for the past few days...im hoping to get a routine going with meals to hit Protein and water goals....oh and being on my period in addition to all this has been loads of fun! :)-_-

And yes 2lbs is awesome, if it's not gain, it's a win!

When is ur next appt with dr Ganta? Mine is the 27th, I'm praying that in two weeks I'll be ready for work!

Keep at it, I keep reading after a week it's a lot better! ????

Congratulations girls. You are well on your way. There will be good days and bad just like any recovery from a big surgery.

The only advise I can give is drink, walk, drink, walk - the walking will help with the gas pain big time. plus, I hope they discharged you with the breathing thingy ... cant remember the name of it. I would take 10 big breathes after every walk! Continued success to you ..

Hugs and all the best!

Hey! I'm feeling a lot better today actually, not quite the zombie I have felt like for the past few days after surgery, thanks for asking! I'm tolerating Water so much better, doesn't hurt to go down and my Isopure is going down with less pressure (I'm sure u know what I mean)...I tried Jello last night and that will take a few days to get used to..after about 3 tiny bites with a baby spoon, I was done with it. I do have some appetite for things besides what we have to eat, but I know it's head hunger! So trying to keep busy. I have some diarrhea too lol but hey atleast we are having bowel movements baha!

I think the reason why I feel a lot better is because I'm off of the codeine, I still feel some pain with my incisions/belly (like I did hundreds of sit-ups) on Tylenol but it's tolerable and I don't feel groggy which I like!

I've been eyeing my creamy Tomato Soup that is awaiting me when we progress to full liquid

So far I have lost 6 pounds, Water and Protein are both lacking though, all I did was sleep for the past few days...im hoping to get a routine going with meals to hit Protein and water goals....oh and being on my period in addition to all this has been loads of fun! :)-_-

When is ur next appt with dr Ganta? Mine is the 27th, I'm praying that in two weeks I'll be ready for work!

Keep at it, I keep reading after a week it's a lot better!

Well, I can't seem to eat anything other than a half pop sickle and bottled water. Today I sipped on low sodium chicken broth, maybe 4-5 teaspoons.

I'm scheduled to see Ganta on the 27th also, I think 11:30 am. My sister is gone and it's just my boyfriend, the dog and I. I took a 3 hour nap today after a venture to the gas station, car wash and Nordy's Rack. Pretty much wiped me out!

I'm glad you are having a much better day. Kudos on getting the Isopure down, I'm scared to try lol.

@@sandyb68 thank you for the words of advice and well wishes and continued success to you on this journey.

Hugs and all the best!

Keep at it, I keep reading after a week it's a lot better!

Well, I can't seem to eat anything other than a half pop sickle and bottled water. Today I sipped on low sodium chicken broth, maybe 4-5 teaspoons.

I'm scheduled to see Ganta on the 27th also, I think 11:30 am. My sister is gone and it's just my boyfriend, the dog and I. I took a 3 hour nap today after a venture to the gas station, car wash and Nordy's Rack. Pretty much wiped me out!

I'm glad you are having a much better day. Kudos on getting the Isopure down, I'm scared to try lol.

@@sandyb68 thank you for the words of advice and well wishes and continued success to you on this journey.

Ive been napping off and on as much as I can, I'm taking care of my two girls so it's all around their time. I'm so ready to just eat regular food, I have found a new appreciation of getting nutrients from food instead liquid since I took it for granted. I can't stomach chicken broth for some reason, only beef. I also can't eat popsicles, they are too sweet for me.

Oh good maybe I'll see you on the 27th then! My appt is at 9:30am but appts can run long at his office in my experience lol ...well we've made it through another day, glad to hear you got some sleep in, get some for the both of us!

@@foreversleeved08 You are officially my hero for doing this and caring after two children! I am getting liquids down so much easier but very weak and fatigued.

Did I mention hungry? I'm not sure what it is but I am definitely craving something aside from clear liquid. My goal is 40 grams of Protein today by finishing one Isopure clear drink diluted with crystal light.

How are you getting along dear?