Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@sallyomallery67 thanks for the advise...i enjoy walking so i will be up and at the same way that you were...did u take any gas meds wit u or u stuck solely to what was provided...is there a reason why u can only have ice cubes instead of Water?

@@sallyomalley67 thanks for the advise...i enjoy walking so i will be up and at the same way that you were...did u take any gas meds wit u or u stuck solely to what was provided...is there a reason why u can only have ice cubes instead of water?

I was only given ice chips on day of surgery and didnt even think to ask if i could have more. Lol And didnt know about using gas strips til after i was home. I was kinda out of it i guess. I stopped pain meds day after surgery. They were giving me major headaches. The walking took care of the gas more or less. Just had a passing pang of pain when the gas moved. I would just change how i was sitting and it would go away. Or i would walk again haha

Ok so sounds like i need to get some gas strips as i have read several posts about them...what else would u recommend that i have wit me as well as any particular Protein Shake?

Ok great!! I read some people experienced some recent complications..did you? I know all cases are different as well as bodies! How many pounds did u lose within ur first month?

I am just ending week 3. No complications. I can tell when I dont get in enough fluids and Protein because I get tired easily. I lost 28 so far. Week 3 for many there us a stall. And of course i hit that this week. But i expected it so its not a biggie. I know so long as I stick to plan and measure what i am eating, it will start to come off again.

I took my toothbrush and paste. I didn't take any toiletries. The hospital provided me with everything I needed, toothbrush included. The only thing I used was my cell phone and power cord.

@@sallyomalley67 that is great you have been more than a blessing!! As i am four days away each day i feel better..i know what to expect and i think i am prepared thank you my bariatric sister

Edited by Annesia

@@CatKaren i bought a nice old lady godwn for my walks during my stay..do u think i will b able to wear them? Did they allow u a shower considering i bathe three four times a day?

I am one week out today...I was discharged around 330 Saturday afternoon and out walking my dogs Sunday morning...walking helped with everything...gas ( but most was gone by time I left hospital ), pain ( although there really wasn't much Tylenol couldn't handle).

I was never aware of them removing the breathing tube except my throat was sore..there gave me those sponge sticks to wet my mouth down with in recovery. I had broth and a Protein drink for Breakfast and it was hard getting them down..too full feeling.

Only thing I needed at hospital was toothbrush and toothpaste, but they will supply a generic one for you if you want, a hairbrush, my ipad and charger..and I just used the clothes I wore to the hospital to go home in..just wear loose pants so it doesn't pull on your incisions ( I wore sweats).

I have had other surgeries ( torn meniscus, shoulder arthroscopy) and this has been the easiest. My belly does spasm when I drink sometimes, but it's getting better each day. I cannot get 8 4oz Protein drinks in plus liquid so my nutritionist ok'd me to have 6 with extra Protein added, as long as I get 60 g, and 48 oz of liquid. So far down about 12 pounds..crazy!!

Were the cuts on your stomach bad as if they may leave a scar? Did they give u training for cleaning when your home?

I have 6 incisions...3 on the lower belly as like maybe 1/8-1/4 inch..tiny..under my bra line as 3 more. Largest one on the left where my belly was taken out..maybe 2 inches long...when I left hosputal, they were bandaged and I couldn't see them at all...told to remove the bandaged in a couple says and that under that was sterie strips and those would fall off on their own. They did, at about day 6-7. There is no care to be done, just let dr know if they start oozing, etc...they have dissolvable sutures and glue over that..they don't really bother me other than itchy sometimes..I know from my other surgeries, they will fade in a couple years to mostly I almost invisible scars.

I stayed in my hospital gown. I did take a shower. They gave me soap, a tooth brush, and paste, even though I brought mine. They gave me booties, so no need for slippers either. They will have you up and walking soon after surgery.