Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!!!! I'm asking for help here because I don't want to get sick of the same food, over & over again! I would love to hear from people who have already started eating solids & also from those how are in the same place I am.

I've eaten fish and chicken, but it's kinda getting old! I mean they taste good, spices and all, but I'm kinda of over it!! I need some, actual, recipes!!!

My favorite is cream egg and toast, minus the toast. I make a scrambled egg, add sour cream (reduced fat), chopped vine Tomato, fresh chives, salt/pepper. I also add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for fun. I watched you tube video on how Gordon Ramsay makes his eggs, really my favorite food video. All in all, takes me 5 min flat and fills the sleeve nicely.

I think we were sleeved around the same time. I posted this the other day - I sliced a pepper and put the 4 pieces on a cookie sheet. I sauteed chopped onion & deli roast beef. I put 1/2 slice of provolone cheese on the pepper slices, then added the roast beef/onion mixture and topped with more provolone. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Its quick, easy & delicious

There are a bunch of good recipes on Pintrest: https://www.pinterest.com/afroneberger/gastric-sleeve-recipes/

The things I like are simple. I like the Boca burgers topped with a slice of cheese. I like to have 2 poached eggs or for lunch I will take the packets of deli style already put together tuna salad (100 cal) and put that on a piece of toast with some cheese and make a little tuna melt.

Check out http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ for some great ideas. I found anything I could make in the crock pot worked GREAT. Moist Protein you don't have to slave over all day rocks! My favs are to roast a whole chicken in there or a pork loin then freeze half the meat for later. I also discovered sauces over meat can make the same thing taste totally different! A fav is below. You could cut the sugar and put in some stevia if you're really new\sugar sensitive.

Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds Pork tenderloin
  • 1 teaspoon Ground sage
  • ½ teaspoon Salt
  • ¼ teaspoon Pepper
  • 1 clove Garlic; crushed
  • ½ cup Water
  • ½ cup Brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
  • ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • ½ cup Water
  • 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
Instructions
  1. Mix together the seasonings: sage, salt, pepper and garlic.
  2. Rub over tenderloin. Place ½ cup Water in slow cooker; place tenderloin in slow cooker.
  3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  4. hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan: brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, soy sauce.
  5. Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
  6. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust: remove from crockpot and place on aluminum lined sheet pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1-2 minutes until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
  7. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.

Thanks you guys! Oh, I went on Pinterest and pinned a bunch of recipes. Bought the ingredients today and will try them this weekend. I can't wait to try the stuffed spaghetti squash.