Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Perfectly Imperfect: Ashley's VSG Story

Lady cook, I love reading your progress posts. I hope you continue to add to it I realize today is March 25 surgery day for you! Speedy recovery and best wishes. My surgery isn't until May 12. I spend a lot of time reading experiences to help calm my nerves. Thank you for posting your timeline!

Ask for something for your nerves!

From the weigh in this morning I have lost 21lbs since starting the pre-op diet.

Thinking of you! YOU will do AWESOME!

Hey everyone,

My surgery took place on 3/25 around 9am. I left the surgery center around 2pm the same day to go home.

First day I had some gas pains in my chest and back. I would say that was the worst part.

Incisions are pretty sore. But I don't think they were as bad as my csection. I only really am bugged by one of them on my right side and I think that may be the one they pulled my stomach thru.

I've been sleeping a lot and in between trying to walk and sip on Water. They want me to get in 40oz a day of Fluid but I'm having hard time doing that. I'm not having issues with swallowing. But I'm trying to be very careful with my sips because if I get a little air when I drink it hurts until the air bubble comes back up.

I won't lie. Shortly after waking up and the nurses having me get up to walk I was regretting my decision. Those thoughts are slowly disappearing as the pain goes away though.

I'll update again soon. The pain pills keep me tired so I've been sleeping a bunch.

So happy ur doing great! Do u need help around the house or anything? How fast are u getting full?

Try gas x they are wonderful.

The more time out the less you will regret the decision. I went through the same thing. Best of luck!!!!

So happy ur doing great! Do u need help around the house or anything? How fast are u getting full?

Try gas x they are wonderful.

My husband has been really great about making dinner and taking care of our 2 kids (one of which is 9mo old). I wouldn't say I've felt "full" yet. But I can say that I don't feel hungry. From what I've read I won't feel a fullness until I start eating more dense foods. Right now I'm only on liquid.

1 Week Post-Op Update: I had my first post op appointment today. From the start of my pre-op diet to today (3 weeks) I am down 29lbs! :)

They checked out my incisions, and asked how I have been doing getting in my Protein and Water. Answer? Not great. I feel like I'm sipping constantly and still can't get in 40oz of Water. They cleared me for Full liquids and when I got home I had a pudding cup (well half of one) and it was amazing!

Really working to get in at least 40oz of water. I'm worried about how I will manage this once I go back to work.

*Deleted* :)

Edited by WingFan55

Whoops! This is not where I meant to post. I'll try to figure out how to remove.

But I'm glad to hear you're doing well, Ashley!