Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Perfectly Imperfect: Ashley's VSG Story

I wasn't a fan of the chocolate premier so I got a vanilla and blended in some berries.. not bad.. but not good either.. These 2 weeks are going to be very hard for me.. Going to try getting some flavorless powder.. or perhaps move on to strawberry... Dietitian told me that Necter was a brand people seemed to like as well.

Yesterday was Day 2 of the liquid diet...

By the end of the day I was hungry and had a terrible headache. I finally gave in and ate a Protein Pack by Oscar Mayer. Even with that I only consumed 630 calories.

After I got home from work my husband and I went to GNC to see if I could find a Protein shake I liked. Talked with the guy there and he recommended GNC Pro Performance AMP in chocolate. I mixed it with milk and it tastes so much better! I imagine it will get old by the end of the two weeks, but at least I don't feel like gagging each time I drink it.

This morning I had 6oz of the chocolate shake and a greek yogurt. I'm sooo looking forward to 6 weeks after surgery when I can eat things that actually require chewing!

Morning of Day 1 of liquid diet - I have with me Premier Protein chocolate shake... it's disgusting... It has a terrible after taste.. it smells terrible... I put a straw in it and positioned the straw towards the back of my throat so it wouldn't hit my tongue as I drank it... Gonna have to find something new cause I don't think I can drink this for the next 2 weeks.

I have my nutritional appointment today and my preop appointment.

Praying I can get through this

I have tried premier shakes and I can't even get through one! They are overly sweet and do have a bad after taste! The Muscle Milk 100 calorie chocolate did the trick for me! I bought mine at Walmart. The first taste is okay I was scared cuz premier was so gross, but I just kept taking small sips and by the end I realized it was nothing like premier and I actually liked it! There is also Isopure and has a lot of flavors but I haven't tried that yet!:) My all liquid starts on Sunday! Been on the preop diet for 2wks! Good luck! Keep going!:)

Morning of Day 1 of liquid diet - I have with me Premier Protein chocolate shake... it's disgusting... It has a terrible after taste.. it smells terrible... I put a straw in it and positioned the straw towards the back of my throat so it wouldn't hit my tongue as I drank it... Gonna have to find something new cause I don't think I can drink this for the next 2 weeks.

I have my nutritional appointment today and my preop appointment.

Praying I can get through this

I have tried premier shakes and I can't even get through one! They are overly sweet and do have a bad after taste! The Muscle Milk 100 calorie chocolate did the trick for me! I bought mine at Walmart. The first taste is okay I was scared cuz premier was so gross, but I just kept taking small sips and by the end I realized it was nothing like premier and I actually liked it! There is also Isopure and has a lot of flavors but I haven't tried that yet!:) My all liquid starts on Sunday! Been on the preop diet for 2wks! Good luck! Keep going!:)

I emailed The company for Muscle Milk and asked for some samples and received 2 in the mail yesterday. I'll have to try them out!

My NUT told me that isopure Was pretty bad and when I was at GNC the guy told me that he thought it tasted like gasoline. If you try them let me know what you think.

My NUT said that Necter was pretty good, but I haven't tried to look it up yet.

Day 4 went really well. I'm averaging 600-700 calories a day.

I weighed myself this morning and it says I've lost 10lbs. I dunno about that business. We'll see what the scale says at the doc office on Monday when I go in for my stress test.

Day 5 I made a Protein shake just before we left the house to go to Trader's Village. After we left I realized I had forgotten it and we were too far to turn around. I had my husband stop at a gas station and I got some beef jerkey. Not on pre-op diet, but high in Protein. I was still under 700 for the day. I actually only consumed 540! And on top of that we walked 2 miles at Traders Village.

This morning I weighed myself and I'm down 14.4lbs. I have a doctors appointment today for a stress test so we'll see how that goes. I'm worried about getting tired quickly since I'm not consuming very much. But I guess we'll just wait and see.

9 days till surgery!

Well, had my stress test today and all went well. Since the stress test was done by a third party (but still in the doc office) I wasn't weighed. I'll be back at the office tomorrow for a pysch visit, but I doubt they'll weigh me then either.

Tomorrow when I wake up there will only be 8 days left!

Following along... Good LUCK!

Thank you @@arrical8 !

Weighed myself this morning and down another pound. Have lost 15.4 now.

Yesterday evening was particularly hard.. Husband made chicken nuggets and french fries for dinner since that's what our 11 year old requested.. It looked pretty good.. couldn't help it and had one nugget and one french fry.. that seemed to satisfy me even though I wanted more.

Back on track this morning. Had my Protein shake and have been trying to drink more Water. 8 more days!

Keep it up!! Day 2 of liquid diet today, am definitely more lethargic and a little more moody! Sigh..surgery the day after tomorrow! My girls had corn dogs last-night and the smell was overwhelming and oh so familiar. Even though it's hard I have my eye on the prize! I hope food doesn't always affect me that way, anyway,Thanks for posting it's good to follow along and not feel alone.

Keep it up!! Day 2 of liquid diet today, am definitely more lethargic and a little more moody! Sigh..surgery the day after tomorrow! My girls had corn dogs last-night and the smell was overwhelming and oh so familiar. Even though it's hard I have my eye on the prize! I hope food doesn't always affect me that way, anyway,Thanks for posting it's good to follow along and not feel alone.

I have to admit I am so jealous of your short pre-op diet!! I'm on day 6 of 14. Tomorrow will be the half way point. I'm doing my best to stay positive, and my hubby is being so supportive. It's hard though when you have your 11yr old sit down with his sandwich that basically looks like a honey bbq chicken sandwich from whataburger (if you have those). Just gotta keep chugging!

I used reward points at my job to buy a Fitbit Flex and it arrived today! Let's see if I can even come close ton 10,000 steps a day.

Also had my psych visit today. It went really well. She said that she had no doubt that I would succeed. Really has me excited. Tomorrow will be exactly one week till my surgery!

I start my liquid diet on Monday... So nervous about the Protein Shakes, bought a couple different kinds but haven't tried them yet. :-)

Go ahead and taste them over this weekend. I didn't and I was gagging on the premier shake my first day and had me thinking I couldn't do this. Figure out what you can live with that way you know for Monday. I went into GNC and the guy pointed me to the one he used and it turned out to taste just like chocolate milk. Plus they have a return policy that if I don't like it I can bring the open product back and exchange it!

My surgery is the 24th!! Good luck!!

Good luck to you too! We are both in the home stretch now!