Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2015 Sleevers?

Eas17, there is one but we keep it on super secret mode to protect privacy. Shoot me your email and I can add you. We have about 67 members currently.

Hi! Can I be added to the FB group please and thanks!

Heather

Hthrmeszaros@gmail.com

I am scheduled for MAY 11th and I am really excited, I've waiting a whole year, new year, new insurance that covers fully. I have been on the liquid diet since april 9th, surgeon wanted my liver nice and small before surgery. Considering I'm one of the heavier of the heavy people, it makes sense.

May 6th here! I'm a medical professional, healthy despite my weight, but terrified. I started my liquid diet today and yes, day one has been rough! It's really put things into perspective how much my life involves food. From lunch meetings to dinner with friends, brunch on the weekends along with game night vittles and stuff to nosh on at movie nights, it never hit me until today that food is more of an activity than something to sustain life. Luckily I prefer healthy foods over junk food so I'm golden when it comes to that. I question though, if having a reduced appetite is going to affect social situations. This is scary but I'm also intrigued to see how creative I can be in those social situations. Maybe I can relay a thing or two, to my patients, you never know. Anyhow, I bid you all the best of luck on your journey! I hope everybodies surgery goes smoothly and God bless you all! <3

Just got my surgery date today and its May 15th! Excited and nervous all at once!

We're sleeve buddies -- I'm the 6th, too! I'm with you as well, I'm not a snacker, and I don't love junk food -- it's the quantities (I LOVE to cook) that got me where I am today, so I'm really looking forward to enjoying a healthier relationship with food in the years to come. You're a health care professional, and I'm a certified group fitness instructor and Pilates instructor (though I haven't taught in 18 months due to weight gain) -- proof that even those that know better can be fallible. Best of luck to you next week -- we're on the home stretch!!

May 6th here! I'm a medical professional, healthy despite my weight, but terrified. I started my liquid diet today and yes, day one has been rough! It's really put things into perspective how much my life involves food. From lunch meetings to dinner with friends, brunch on the weekends along with game night vittles and stuff to nosh on at movie nights, it never hit me until today that food is more of an activity than something to sustain life. Luckily I prefer healthy foods over junk food so I'm golden when it comes to that. I question though, if having a reduced appetite is going to affect social situations. This is scary but I'm also intrigued to see how creative I can be in those social situations. Maybe I can relay a thing or two, to my patients, you never know. Anyhow, I bid you all the best of luck on your journey! I hope everybodies surgery goes smoothly and God bless you all! <3

Hello Fellow Sleevers! I'm praying for all of you who are being sleeved today. Your new life is beginning! We have so many May sleevers...it will be exciting to keep up with each other and support each other through all of the transitions. Mine is on Wednesday, May 6th.....so excited!!

Thanks so much. I'm in the hospital now and just waiting to roll.

Thanks so much. I'm in the hospital now and just waiting to roll.

good luck!! Give us an update when you're able to!

Hope your surgery went well YNotMe! Have you in my prayers.

just out of surgery. Feeling groggy but ok. Time to start walking soon. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes everyone.

May 14th, Dr Alvarez. No pre-op diet, YAY!

my sis and I are may23 with Dr Alvarez also. Let us know of your experience. God Bless you on your trip and surgey!

20 May 2015 is my surgery date... Ready for my rebirthing...

Hello all :)

I had my Sleeve done on May 1st.

The most pain I have experienced has been due to the gas that they use during the laparoscopic surgery that ends up becoming trapped in your abdomen once you are sutured back up. Incisions are just sore, mainly muscular soreness because they do suture your abdominal muscles back up so thats where the soreness is. But the gas from surgery, OMG, I was given about 6 doses of morphine post surgery while in recovery because I was apparently moaning and groaning in pain from the gas. But I only took Motrin once I was admitted onto the unit, for 2 days, and thats it I haven't wanted to use much because I get very sick off pain medication and I couldn't imagine having to vomit after i have just had my abdomen, and more importantly, my stomach worked on.

I didn't have to do a Pre-Op diet, so maybe thats why its tougher for me to just be on liquids. But I am a person who truly enjoys food, and let it get control of me after having my first child. It was as if I discovered how much I really enjoyed eating when i was pregnant. Wound up gaining 70 pounds, when I weighed 165 at conception already. I've never been thin, always dieted for as long as i can remember so this was a HUGE step for me. I am very excited and just trying to keep a positive outlook on these next few weeks ahead.

I look forward to logging in and keeping in touch with you all. Any questions feel free to ask =)