Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat in a day...

Hi, my weight loss has stalled for over a month now and I was hoping those persons who are successful could share a typical day of eating - portions and food eaten. I am beginning to panic and my husband is beginning to question the success of the band. I have lost 40 pounds but not an ounce more for over a month.

Thanks

Hi ya cosean...

It's a tough topic. You may be due for a band adjustment... have you had one?

Your nutritionist should be helping you with diet. Every person is different so specifics are hard to come by. If you've been sticking to your diet plan (whatever it is), I can say that variation is needed to keep up the weight loss. Your body adjusts to current circumstances and will accommodate even a very low caloric input if you do it for too long. You will see on many posts here saying that raising and lowering your limits occasionally with help keep your system "guessing":cry and readjusting. If only it was as simple as maintaining the same level of calories, fat, Protein etc, many of us would be VERY happy indeed.:clap2:

You may need to raise your eating levels once in a while to keep the pounds coming off ~~~ DO NOT USE THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO PIG OUT!! (if you are able to hehehehe:heh:) I know it's the biggest temptation for me... "I need to boost my calories today..... :hungry:is that a whole cheesecake I see over there??" hahahaha

There are many boards here on LBTthat deal with the specifics of foods you can eat... in fact there is LOTS of info about everything here, so check them out.

But again, you really should keep in touch with your surgeon and nutritionist about this. Some slowing down is normal, but I know you didn't take this step so that you could remain the same weight. Good Luck!!

Sounds like it's time for a fill. Having a band without proper restriction is like having a car with no gas. It gets you nowhere. My loss had slowed and I made sure I got a fill and woohoo... restriction! It has made a world of difference for me. I am dropping pounds again and excited about what comes next.

Self pay 3.30.07

The Man, The Myth, The Legend... Dr Spivak

310/277/210

I have the same problem. I lost 40 pounds and stopped. I am worried about having a fill though because I already PB a lot. Of course, that is my fault. But you have lost 40 pounds. Could you have done that without the band? Have you regained the weight? I think you are a success story.

Thanks everyone - I have lost 40 pounds and except for bouncing around by a pound, I have not regained. At this point in my life could I have done it without the band - no. At least not and keep it off. The other side of this is that apparently my insurance won't pay for fills and I already owe $1000 for that. I am sure I need a fill but need to pay for all the others first. In the end, I guess it will just be a longer process than I was expecting or hoping for. But I will eventually get there.

When I starting seeing the scales NOT move, I started counting calories.

I hated it because it was like being on a diet . I stayed at 1100 daily.. If I was still hungry after my 1100 I would try to fill up on sf popsicles.

gook luck,

edie