Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year ago today~

That is AWESOME!!! Congrats Kyleigh!!! After a year...can you tell me what your fill capacity is right now? I am just new, banded 9/24/04; but at our support group someone brought up that she felt after you have had the maximum number of fills....do you start gaining the weight back??? I know, silly question.....but just curious.....Nancy*

after you have had the maximum number of fills....do you start gaining the weight back??? I know, silly question.....but just curious.....Nancy*

First of all, there is no maximum number of fills - unless you've reached your band's capacity, which varies from band type to band type. You can definitely gain your weight back IF you start eating around your band and stop making good food choices (Proteins first, veggies next, anything else IF you still have room, Water, Water, water, exercise, exercise, exercise).

Each person's experience is unique. What 2ccs does to you and your band experience may be totally different than what 2ccs does to me and my band experience. Everything hinges on how thick the layers of tissue are where your band is situated and how much they shrink or do not shrink during your weight loss. It's not a silly question, but from what I gather, it is meant for us to continue to tighten the band until we get to a place of maintenance with our weight. Once we reach a place where we are not gaining, nor losing any longer, we should be able to leave it alone. Some of the longer term bandsters have gone for several years without tweaking their bands. They say they maintain their weight within a few pounds and if they see that the weight is creeping up, they begin to check themselves for 1.diet 2. exercise 3. water intake and if they feel they're doing all the right things, they may have their fill topped off.

Hope this makes it a bit more clear for you.

You guys are such an inspiration. I am so looking forward to being in the 50+ lbs. gone forever club. It must feel wonderful.

Marie you need to post a picture! You must have at least one with an elk!

Congratulations on the weight loss -- and on your imminent advertising stardom! What is it about Texas? You all seem to do so well with the band. . . and there are so darn many of you! I think there's a Lyle Lovett song waiting to be written.

How about "Everything's Bigger in Texas - Women, food, and Margartitas" LOL

Hey, maybe Playboy will do a spread on "Banded Guys and Gals". They did "Women of Walmart". Just don't count me in. LOL

Thats funny. I have 2 cc in a 4 cc band. I think I am about ready for another fill though! I am eating somewhat more with less restriction. maybe some evaporated???

hi, Kyleigh,(SKY)

i'll call you Sky, cause, that's what your going for.

just like a pilot in his plane, when his in the sky that he can almost touch the clouds,and see the beauty of it all, is awesome inspirering. he feels free,

now you are 70lbs :banana lighter and can reach for what ever you want, at 25yrs. you, can do so much, go to school and learn a trade or go hiking , go sking , go sky diving , go to see mickey mouse.to his house, go to sea world, discover your owe back yard as they say, in your owe town, see the empire state building , it will keep you busy, and , you'll feel great about yourself. also the excerise will be Great.....

CONGRAD'S you did good girl...

---------------------------------------------------

margie,

4/5/04

295/259.4/-35.4

new to PA

just move. have fun.

thank you so much! Queen michelle- Ill never be able to wear a "belly shirt", the skin around my belly button is sagging alot. and my inner thighs kinda hang. but that is to be expected...when you DON'T exersize! So please lift those weights and walk, ride or whatever suits you! maybe my next adventure will be a Tummy Tuck and a thigh lift! After about 50 more lbs!