Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheated every day of 7 day pre op diet

Well it's the end of day #1 for me and I successfully stuck to it. I'm just taking one day at time. Goodnight everyone! #FAITH

Well it's the end of day #1 for me and I successfully stuck to it. I'm just taking one day at time. Goodnight everyone! #FAITH

Good luck! I want to applaud your self-assessment and your decision to reschedule. I wish you much success!

Wow this thread is pretty crazy. I totally get the point of those giving some tough love to the OP. It is true that if you are having a tough time with the pre-op diet it will be even tougher post-op. Peole arent being mean, just realistic. However I dont agree with those putting others down to make the OP feel better. There are other ways to go about it.

A lot of tough love in this forum... but do try to take it all in and figure out what's gonna be best for you going forward.

If you're having serious issues with self-control, I'd be very worried about your post-op life. On the one hand, restriction WILL help you from over-eating, at least... but it won't stop you from eating entirely, and it won't stop you from eating the wrong things.

Best of luck in your journey. I hope you succeed!

Pre op is not easy. I did 14 days of all liquid. I didn't cheat, not even once but it took a huge amount of willpower! You only have a couple days so your pre-op is essentially over. For anyone else about to go through this just remember why your doing it, set goals, Stay motivated and take a pic in your underwear to look at when you feel like you want to cheat! I'm serious it works!

Some words of encouragement: I cheated the first couple of days too but once that surgery happened I lost all desire to "cheat." Pain is a great motivator for me.

I am doing just fine at 7.5 months out. Take each day at a time, be honest with doc and most of all do not stress! Good luck!

Edited by tomi71

I'm so grateful that my surgeon did not put me on a 2 week liquid diet. I know I would have cheated. Mine was a low carb diet that also forbid pork products.

My pre op diet includes 4 eight ounce Protein Shakes per day (at least two made with skim milk)

and then AT LEAST 6 servings from the following:

1/2 cup grits, oatmeal or cream of wheat

8 ounces vegetable juice

3 ounces of grilled steamed or poached chicken, fish or egg whites

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

5-6 ounces greek yogurt, LF such as dannon light & fit greek (my favorite and only 80 cal)

1 cup raw veg/lettuces, FF dressing

SF Jello or ice pops

and of course the obligatory 64 ounces of fluids

My surgeon requires BMI's under 45 to do this for 1 week pre op. BMI's over 45 do it for 2 weeks.

14 days of just liquids, wow that would be so hard for me with the "hungry girl" tummy I currently have!!

I just started my diet today but have been really "winding down" for weeks now. I can do my pre op NP but I really feel for those who are on the much stricter pre op!!! Warm HUGGGGS and YOU CAN DO IT!!

Edited by minniegirl

Day 2 and I stuck to it! Hard, but I did it!

Excellent! It's not easy but with determination you can do it!

YOU an DO it!! (sleep alot) take naps, go to bed early...get through day 3 and you'll be golden!

That's the plan!! So i don't eat. Lol I have to be at work by 5:45 am ever day so going to bed early is a must.

I will be on liquids soon. You and I are about the same height and weight. although if your name is any indication of your age, you are my son's age. I'm pulling for you!!

I will be on liquids soon. You and I are about the same height and weight. although if your name is any indication of your age, you are my son's age. I'm pulling for you!!

Thanks I appreciate that! :-)