Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Chat For Nj!

I'm still not getting updates with this website. UGH. Sorry gang..without them I never remember to check. I'll be back hopefully, my brain will remember, and post tomorrow. Too late now. you're all in my thoughts.

Hi all, I'm home from the hospital. My surgery went well. No hystorectomy for me today. They did the hydro abalation. And discovered that I have HIGE vericose veins. (golf ball size) I will talk to her in a week at the follow-up. She is going to give me something that will totally shut down my ovaries, and we will talk about another sugery I guess. I am pretty sore and tired but I am home. I'll pop in again tomorrow. ~Mandy

Hi all,

We managed one test today, the other they postponed until in the morning just prior to the procedure. They found that he has seriously diminished heart function, he is only operating at 37% of normal. That was a very upsetting shock. We have to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM. Surgery following the test which begins at 9. I have no signal at the hospital....dammit. So will check in again when we get home.

The ortho said Kinsey has a green fracture of her ankle. But that it should heakl bowell, and quickly. She told me she wanted to come to my house and snuggle in the big couch---I felt so bad not being there!!!

Well I am off to try to get some sleep....will be in touch.

Kat

Good Morning Y'all!

Kat - My prayers are with you! I know this is all so hard to go through.

Mandy - I must have missed you saying you were going to have surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers too!

Sherry - You might want to try to go to the user page and redo your choices and see if that helps any.

Well, time to hit the shower!

Prayers going out:

Kat: Peace and comfort for Rick as he undergo's surgery and that his heart would be completely healed and return to normal function. And for Kat and her band that the acid disappears and that she remain in good health.

Kinsey and her fracture. How do you tie down a moving object. Hugs

Mandy: Rest and healing from your surgery. I want to tell you all about the new submarine voyage at Disneyland.... I went opening day!

As for me.... I just typed up an appeal letter for insurance. They denied my $400 EKG for my surgery. They say I wasn't covered! I really need this to fly thru -- it's causing stress. And then there is work. I spoke with a union rep for my school district and I will be meeting with him thursday to discuss disipline and my unsatisfactory work conditions. They say I did something -- but I didn't. It's all rather ugly.

Me and my band seem to be getting along... tomorrow is 1 month! Yeah!

Hi all, Kat you and Rick are in my prayers I hope all goes well today. Boy you guys have gone through a lot.

Well I'm here in NY actually today I'm in NJ DS's uncle flew in from New Zealand last night so she is spending time with him today.

It has been a whirlwind. Lots of details still getting together. It is so overwhelming at times. Marianne is doing really well. She has feared this all her life. She even guessed how it happened. She is asking for help and support groups. She has gone to her therapist everyday. She really is doing good under the circumstances.

Lynn and I (my other sister)feel sick to our stomachs. We are so proud of her. Lynn had to go to work today and we both felt that MM needed a day with her uncle.

So that is the lasted in this horrible sad situation. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Mandy, I hope you are feeling better...take care of yourself!

Kat, I am praying for you and Rick, also. Hoping for the best, and you take care of yourself, too!

Patty, good luck with all that's going on with you.

Sorry I haven't checked in...with VBS, we are running around crazy!

Tomorrow is the fun day! Off we go to Disney World! I'll be back on the 24th, but won't be able to check in while I'm gone, so don't waste the flying monkeys (or gorillas!) on me! Find those other girls, though!

Good luck to everyone, and I'll see you when I get back!

Hugs, big ones!

Cindy

Cindy, give the Mouse a hug for me and tell him I'll be there soon. Make sure you guys drink loads of Water and use extra sunscreen. Oh and pack me in your suit case. LOL.

I am feeling a bit better, still sore, but better. I am looking for a doc to do the hysto. The surgeon that I am seeing right now wants to put me into chemical menopause, not surgical....what's the diff? I am sooo tired of hurting all the time. So I am sugeon shopping this week. I will see what I can do. ~Mandy

Mandy: So glad you are on the mend. I want you well for your visit to Disneyland. When you find out about the menopause question, let us know. Hows Abi?

Cindy-lou Wishing you loads of fun at DisneyWorld.

My twins are out of school now and the little guys still have 5 days. Today is also my 1 month post op and I have lost an additional 2lbs. Nice and slow. I feel well and am ready to do laps around the neighborhood to burn calories. Need to tone a few places.

Where are some of our girls?? Darcy? Beanie?

Cindy have fun in Disney.

Hugs to Kat, Dianne, Mandy, Patty....there's been a lot of stressful stuff going on.

Hi to all my other gals! xoxoxo

Hi all, we are home. Ablation went really well. Rick already says he feels much better. His heart rate has dropped by about half! The way he described it was breathing with a quiver, where you feel your heart beating through your breathing, as if you just had a near miss accident or something....and now there is no quiver, and the heart rate is back into the 60's!!! The Dr. seemed really happy with the results. We don't go back for 6 weeks if all goes well. Yeehaw!!!

Kinsey is still refusing to even attempt to put weight on her foot. The ortho will see her again in the morning for another set of Xrays to determine if the fracture is opening any. They said to let her set her own pace, if she can walk, let her---but she won't, she cries, not a pouty cry---a pained cry so no one of course pushes her.

Mandy---if the hysterectomy is what you need, I personally am so glad it was done....life became so much simpler! Keep us posted.

Betty, Chris, Cindy, Patty, Dianne-- thanks so much for the support messages!

All of you have been so supportive, and I do appreciate it!

Well I am off to let others know we survived another round---will check in with you all tomorrow!

Kat

Thanks, all!

Mandy, I say (and I'm not a medical doctor, as you know, just have dealt with the chemical side of this) NO to chemical menopause. I think surgery is more natural than messing around with blood chemistry and hormones. Maybe that's just me, but I'm glad you are looking into someone to do the hysto.

I will say hi to the Mouse, and all his friends, and tell them all some of my good pals will be out to see them very soon!

Glad to see the good news, Kat! I was hoping I'd see a post from you before I left. I will continue the prayers.

Hugs!

Good Morning Y'all!

Good New Kat! I'm so glad to hear it!

Cindy - Have fun on your trip and don't forget to take pictures!

Hello to the rest of you, got to run and get in the shower, gosh, I am only running 20 minutes behind!