Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated but not dis-heartened

Today is 11 weeks post-op for me.

I weighed myself this morning to find a 0 loss. I'm not too concerned about it but I am just a little frustrated because it makes for only a 1kg loss in 3 weeks.

I am getting my 3rd fill today which should be .5ml which will make 4ml in my band.

I do really think that I am very close to the green zone and am hoping that will happen with this fill. I know that should move things along a little.

I know I will get there, it's just hard to not get frustrated at times.

@@Miss Meg I totally know where you are coming from! My 3rd fill was 3 weeks ago and it made a huge difference! My 4th fill is next week and I really think it will put me in green. I don't know what the ml to cc conversion is but I have 5.5 cc's in my 10cc band. I am not sure how much they will add to my band next week, probably .5 to 1, but I would say I am "yellow and a half" right now.

Just continue to be patient with the process. you have done such a great job! kg to lb ratio is a little over 2 pounds. That means in 11 weeks you have lost a little over 30 pounds! That is awesome. I am a November-er too and I am at 24-ish.

You have done great. You are DOING great! I'll cross my fingers that this gets you to green. :D

@@Keeper - thanks so much for that. I know that I'm doing well, just getting a little frustrated at times.

I need to remind myself every now and then of the bigger picture. The support I get on here from fellow bandsters is awesome and it's great to just spew out your feelings sometimes. It took me a long time to get as overweight as I was, so it's going to take time to fix it...

I feel your frustration. I had my surgery Oct 29th and just received my second fill. I hope this fill helps cause I could pretty much eat what I want and trying to use will power. I did not realize it would take this long to get the green zone. Do you feel much restriction yet or are you pretty much doing it on your own? Your weight loss is good and I'm like you I tell myself to be patient that it took me a long time to get here. We'll I wish you the very best on your new journey:)

Keep your chin up, you're doing beautifully! Those early months for me were about learning to eat when I'm hungry and not eat when I'm not hungry. Once my appetite was really dimmed, it was much easier to determine hunger. In the beginning I worked mostly with portion sizes and working on eating slowly. I did some practicing with the clock, etc. It was so hard for me to put my little fork down -- didn't want to let go of the shovel, lol. In the long run, the rewiring of those kinds of habits are what make the difference to the lifetime changes we are making. I gave myself a year when I started, and when I felt frustrated I'd remind myself that it was going to take a year. It didn't take nearly that long for me to get my momentum, and now that I'm more than a year out and could still stand to lose twenty or thirty pounds I'm giving myself another year to get there. I need that permission, somehow, to put myself first, to be gentle with myself and to recognize that it's all about the long game. Best wishes -- you will get there soon!

"it's all about the long game." Yep.

The good news is that I am feeling a little more restriction with this third fill, but not enough to get me to the green zone, it'll definitely take a little more to get there and that's okay. The mind is a very powerful thing and sometimes that is for the worse.

I'm definitely doing most of the work myself at the moment and you know it's funny because I don't think without the band I would've ever found the willpower even though the band is not doing a great deal of the work right now.