Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I just brought it up to show that 'man' does what he wants to get the end result that he wants, dispite whoever gets in his way. They make laws to benefit themselves, but don't care about the babies or anyone else for that matter. What a shame.

"until i walk trough the shoe's of a killer" well I don't need to walk in the shoes of anyone to know that it is a desision that should not be made. But if it is made, cause we all make mistakes. then there should be some law that would make it not as easy to get and make you not want to get one!

Well, you should have no say in this because you are NOT a women. You can vote anyway you like it really doesn't matter because as of now we can do what is right for us as women. :bananalama:

Well, you should have no say in this because you are NOT a women. You can vote anyway you like it really doesn't matter because as of now we can do what is right for us as women. :cheers2:

Too bad the 'victim' can't have a say.:bananalama:

patty you are wrong to presume that a woman who chooses abortion is only concerned with herself. People are smart enough to know when it is a very bad thing to bring a child into the world. If a woman chooses to have an abortion it certainly doesn't doesn't mean that she doesn't care about the welfare of babies or about her potential baby in particular!

Bringing a child into the world because you've decided that it is God's will, no matter what the circumstances for the woman or the child, is what I think is wrong.

Churches that preach that abortion is wrong in all cases are simply doing it to preserve their religion and that is extremely selfish and convoluted. They say it is because they care about the children. But that is just not always the case. It is always the case however, that they are working to ensure that more people are brought into the flock they've created. The flock that brings them money and keeps the Vatican beautiful, for instance.

If you will listen to your President, you might learn a thing or two about this topic and about what is right, fair and good. I mean really listen without placing your interpretation on what he says. Or is that simply impossible for people with blind faith?

If you will listen to your President, you might learn a thing or two about this topic and about what is right, fair and good. I mean really listen without placing your interpretation on what he says. Or is that simply impossible for people with blind faith?

Are you kidding! Now thats funny, HAHA "blind faith" is the ONLY reason Obama got elected! I mean it IS all about hope, change, and fairy dust; not reality. I don't need an elected official to become my spiritual advisor.

Spiritual advisor? President Obama? Are you nuts?

He's our President. He's a very intelligent man who has this country's best interests at heart. Fairy dust has nothing to do with what he's trying to accomplish. And advising you spiritually is not his goal.

Fairy dust is what Bush and Cheney were snorting when they insisted on taking us into Iraq. Looks like Cheney is still on the stuff. He is so blindly wrapped up in his greedy ambitions, he's still trying to convince people that feeding the corporate bigwigs obscene amounts of money is good for America.

You better watch who you do allow to be your spiritual advisor - and in the meantime, think about supporting our President until he gets this country turned around.

You said "Listen to your president" regarding "what is right, fair and good". Most people find themselves following a religion to show them these things. The reason this topic is so hotly debated is because it is based mostly on religious beliefs. Why then should someone listen to the president regarding a religious topic?

Based on your other silly statements:

***Iraq = BAD; Afghanistan = good***

***"feeding bigwigs obscene amounts of money"=BAD; Not paying obscene amount of owed taxes = GOOD (you can even become the Treasury Secretary of the United States)***

***Lastly, you're right, I "better watch out" who my spiritual advisor is. I'm thinking of moving to this nice little church in Chicago with a wonderful leader by the name of Jeremiah Wright. Have you heard of him?***

My point is, isn't your "hope" that Obama "gets this country turned around" also based on "blind faith"?

Mama you got it all wrong. I should have used more words.

When I speak of the president, I'm talking about what's right, fair and good for the country. It doesn't have anything to do with yours or my religious beliefs. It doesn't take religion or blind faith in order to establish good or right or fair!!

And I do not agree with the rest of your interpretation of my post. In fact, I'm not sure you were even reading my post. I think you were just making judgements based on your own thoughts, not mine.

I believe that our bombing Iraq was bad, the war in Iraq is bad, which also has nothing to do with my religious beliefs. I believe that having our troops in Afghanistan is bad. We're not going to ferret out all of the terrorists and it is funneling money into a project that does nothing to make this country safe and better. Trace all the way back to the time when Russia went into Afghanistan - it didn't work for them either. And it definitely depleted their resources.

I do believe that the heads of American corporations, in large part, take obscene amounts of money home and those companies have been failing by the numbers and American workers are paying the price. In fact, their greed is making the whole country pay the price.

By many other developed country's standards, the taxes we pay are not extraordinary. I don't like paying taxes, but I certainly do see the necessity for taxes if I am going to enjoy living in this kind of society. The country can't run on gas fumes. And there's nothing either religious or anti-religion about that. And, btw, Americans paying a lot of taxes absolutely did not get America in the financial bind we're in!

You probably have no clue about who Jeremiah Wright is and what he stands for. You know what you've heard in sound bytes and from whatever the media has told you. When was the last time you sat in his congregation? And although President Obama folded to the pressure put on him by people like you, and withdrew from Wright's congregation, I do not believe that where President Obama goes to church or whether he even has a church, tells us whether he can lead this country or not.

I absolutely have not placed "blind faith" in President Obama. What I do believe is that he is intelligent enough to get the job done. (He has a high I.Q. and excellent education.) By his actions, I do believe that he has proven that he cares more about the working class in America than he does about the extremely wealthy. I do believe that he has proven by the things he has already done as president, that he is going to try to run this country in a fair way, in a way that does not align solely with one party or other, but in a way that represents as many Americans as he can.

I wouldn't know if you have blind faith when it pertains to your religion, but you sure seem deaf and blind in many ways.

:biggrin: I am sooooo thankful you have set my deaf and blind mind straight!! You are OBVIOUSLY more intelligent and informed then I, as represented by your return comments (especially regarding tax dodgers). So I will leave with this final comment:

bama.jpg

:thumbup::lol::tongue2::lol::thumbup:

Come on guys...do we really have to do that? Can't we just answer a question and give an opinion without having to worry about someone being inappropriate and rude? We should be here to support each other in our weightloss journey and give our views on things without turning a conversation into an arguement! Please keep it somewhat civil :biggrin:

Everyone please remember to follow LBT Rules . Do not personally attack one another . If you have a problem with a particular member take it off the forum to the PM system.

the Rants and Raves forum can get a little heated just keep it civil and try to watch the language.

Thanks

Mindy

I apologize for those of you who are offended by the language in the graphic. I just happened to think it was funny. If you have never been to someecards.com , that's all they have on there is off color smart a$$ ecards and graphics. I love it! HAHAHA:tt2:

I LOVE ecards, they are hilarious !

Just watch the F word I think .

Mindy

If I got personal in my last post, in my last sentence, I agree that it was not necessary. It is obvious that mama isn't really debating or discussing, she's just trying to be funny.

On that note, you gotta admit that her card is humorous! Interestingly enough, she posts it like it's an insult and a bad thing that President Obama is going to be an improvement over what we've had for the past 8 years. I for one, am pleased to know that she's seen the light even if she had to use foul language to admit it. :biggrin: