Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

If you know Him as well as you say you do, then you would know that He also says "Judge not, for you shall also be judged."

And by the way, you have no right to tell people they aren't christians just because we support the right to choose. You have no right to tell anyone what they are or are not. Jesus teaches love. He teaches that we are to show love to EVERYONE, not just those who believe as we do. Jesus loved everyone regardless. What you have said and the way you have said it is not showing love to anyone, only hate.

There is a passage in the Bible that says that you should not speak of your God to others if they do not want to hear it, and when you do speak of your God, you should do it softly and with humility. I'm plagarizing, of course.

Battygreen, who is to say that your version of God is the correct version? There are a lot of religions in this world. There are also a lot of different interpretations of the Bible amongst those who call themselves Christians. Did it ever occur to you that your interpretation of this material is erroneous? The Old Testament is a somber and violent document. There you will find approval of infanticide, abortion and genocide. I can supply you with chapter and verse, if you are interested

Furthermore, you show no love for, no openess to the experiences of your fellow men and women, no acceptance of their weaknesses, personal tragedies, and foibles. You behave like a schoolyard bully in the name of your God. Do you really think that your Jesus would approve? Why don't you relax? God, if He exists and if He cares to, will do the judging.

Why don't you relax? God, if He exists and if He cares to, will do the judging.

Seriously, which is exactly why I said that a woman's choice to abort is between she and her God. From what I understand, CT is still in the USA where we have numerous religions, atheists, and agnostics. Trying to shove your opinions down anyone's throat is annoying. WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT I (or anyone else) DOES? Luckily, we are still a democracy and we each get a vote. Yippee!

What else I don't get is how anti-abortionists are OK with bombing abortion clinics. Hmm, isn't bombing an occupied clinic murder?!?

Yeah, what they said.

And as for marriage being between a man and woman because the Bible said so, just doesn't cut it. There are Christian churches that support gay marriage. Their religions are based on the Bible. They've just chosen to embrace the passages that call for peace, love and tolerance instead of exclusion, intolerance and hate.

Don't get me started on the reasons that when some churches were formed, they wanted their members to have as many children as possible. It's right up there with rules for donating a percentage of one's income through tithe. (Which by definition is a tax of a tenth to support the church and its' clergy.)

I am not criticizing churches, just making some observations. There are always reasons behind churches supporting certain positions in society and they don't all revolve around what the Bible says. Sometimes they have to do with ensuring that the church itself survives. And I believe it is healthy to not only question the Bible itself, but also the rules of the church one attends. If we don't, we are just following blindly like sheep.

I think the bottom line is, everyone enjoyed this thread when the topic was being debated with facts and science as their primary points for their argument. Perhaps, if we can go back to proper debate without calling people murderers, attacking each other for their beliefs, etc. we can keep this long-standing LBT thread open.

Edited by *Susan*

And another thing, You are right to say that Jesus teaches love, but he doesn't only teach love. Just like a parent loves her children, but she also disciplines them, and dishes out the family rules. (this too, is love) He disciplines us in love and He teaches about right and wrong also.

I can truely say that I don't hate anyone. I only hate their wrong doings. (like abortions)

I am not judging anyone. God is the judge of all. But I'm not blind to the wrong doings of others and neither are you. We can all see when there is an injustice in this world and that doesn't make us the judge. So when you say I am judging people who are pro choice, what you really mean is I can see their injustice to the unborn child.

Losingjusme, Maybe you don't understand that we are on a thread where you debate issues. If you didn't have an opposite view to your view, who would you debate with? You obviously support a womans choice to have an abortion or not, how would you feel if I said to those who side with you to ignore you?!

That's right this is a debate thread in which we simply state our side of the issue not push our opinions onto others...what should have just been sharing sides and stories turned into a disgusting religious argument...

If you know Him as well as you say you do, then you would know that He also says "Judge not, for you shall also be judged." quote]

You judged me for my decision...you said that it is murder to have an abortion for any reason...I had an abortion so in you words I murdered my fetus...in other words to you I am a murderer...I don't think so and you can think what you want and believe what you want, but I did the right thing...

Bjean, I'd like to address your last post.

Christian churches that support gay marriages are churches that choose to turn their backs on what God has to say on the issue. Christians are not perfect people. Just like christians who say it's ok to abort the unborn. They want to do what they want to do and they don't care what God has to say about it. And as far as these churches wanting to embrace peace, love and tolerance, I say 'you cant embrace one part of the bible that teaches peace and love and throw out another part of the bible that teaches marriage to be between a man and a woman only. Otherwise, why don't you just rewrite all of the bible so that it will say only the things we want it to.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say about tithing in your 2nd paragraph.. Maybe you can explain that better to me.

Stating my side of the issue means that I give you my opinion and you give me yours. This is what I have done. I have backed my opinions up with why I believe that way.(God's word) You have backed up your opinions with why you believe what you did was ok. If you didn't want to hear someone tell you that they feel it was wrong, then why did you come on this thread to tell your story? You obviously wanted to discuss and defend your right to choose. I obviously want to discuss and defend the babys right to life.

Can we all just keep this on topic.....PRO-CHOICE or PRO-LIFE....not who's religion/God is better or more forgiving...please. If you want to have a religious battle start a new thread please!!! Thank you

Can we all just keep this on topic.....PRO-CHOICE or PRO-LIFE....not who's religion/God is better or more forgiving...please. If you want to have a religious battle start a new thread please!!! Thank you

i agree... maybe it can be called ...

"I'm right and you are all going to hell"??

Goodbye! Now all you prochoicers can debate among yourselves on 'Who supports the right to choose?' Since you obviously don't want someone here with any opposing views to yours. I hope no one else comes here with a pro life stance.

And you call me judgmental?

This isn't about you being pro life...it's about you pushing your religion...I just want it to stay on topic...please no more fighting about God...Can't we just keep this a clean conversation about how we feel about abortion. Oh and by the way I posted my story so that people on both sides could see that not all people use abortion as an oopsie birth control method...I shared my story because sometimes it helps me and sometimes it even helps other people :eek: Good luck in you weightloss Patty :mellow: I'm sure you will do great!!!