Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Maybe they should ask those same students again after a few years of experiencing real life and see if their answers change.

You're missing the point entirely. They identified themselves as "pro-choice" but disagreed with abortion after the baby's heart starts beating (not knowing that the heart is beating before the mother knows she's pregnant). That has nothing to do with "experiencing real life".

Beyond that, many of those teenagers "experience real life" when they find themselves pregnant -- and aren't provided with the information they should have to make such a crucial decision.

Now that Obama is in I guess there is no chance of abortion becoming illegal now. YAY! And I'm also glad those issues that were up for vote in South Dakota and Colorado failed as well.

A lot of Americans understand the difference between being PRO-ABORTION and being PRO WOMEN'S RIGHTS. I do not believe for one minute that those people who voted down the referendums in South Dakota and Colorado were voting for abortion.

Two more beautiful reasons for tears of joy today!

It would be so hard to deal with that. But in the end we would have the baby And possible we would put it up for adoption. My fear would be that the kid would grow up to look like her attacker and the kid would be resented. I have not asked my Wife about this but knowing her I think she would agree to no abortion. the baby should not be killed because of a rapest. But the persons that this has happen to I really feel for them it would be so bad. And the ones this has happen to, and had an abortion. I would have so much compassion for them. (more than for the person that uses abortion 7-8 times like it is some birth control or something) that is just crazy.

I just wanted to say something...I am currently 22. When I was 14 I was raped by a family member. I was a virgin. Weeks later I started feeling sick. I went to the doctors and found out that I was pregnant. You can't even begin to imagine how painful it was for me a 14 year old girl to walk past protesters shouting that I was a murderer and a whore. How is that okay?!?! Would you rather a woman carry a baby that was the product of a rape...everyday the woman resenting and maybe even hating the baby growing inside of her. Or a child who has to have a baby when she's still a baby? A 14 year olds body isn't ready to carry a baby and emotionally not ready for any of that. If it's illegal it's illegal...Don't put yourself in my shoes, but think about it...maybe even put yourself in the shoes of my parents, in the shoes of the child that could have resulted...Whether you are for or against it...don't stand in front of the planned parenthood and shout out your disgusting thoughts at the women going in because you don't know their story you don't know if it's their first or their 21st and you don't know their reasoning!!!

Edited by rodriguezequal
misspelled a few things...

As many pregnancies as there are, there are that many different stories.

Your story is heart wrenching. I am very sorry that you had to go through that terrible ordeal. But I am thankful that you had the ability to choose what was right for you. It would have been horrible if you had been unable to make a choice for yourself. It would have been horrible if you had been forced to bear a child without your consent.

I am sorry you had to go through the hurt outside the clinic. It was pain heaped on pain. Extremely traumatic for anyone much less a girl of 14.

I just wanted to say something...I am currently 22. When I was 14 I was raped by a family member. I was a virgin. Weeks later I started feeling sick. I went to the doctors and found out that I was pregnant. You can't even begin to imagine how painful it was for me a 14 year old girl to walk past protesters shouting that I was a murderer and a whore. How is that okay?!?! Would you rather a woman carry a baby that was the product of a rape...everyday the woman resenting and maybe even hating the baby growing inside of her. Or a child who has to have a baby when she's still a baby? A 14 year olds body isn't ready to carry a baby and emotionally not ready for any of that. If it's illegal it's illegal...Don't put yourself in my shoes, but think about it...maybe even put yourself in the shoes of my parents, in the shoes of the child that could have resulted...Whether you are for or against it...don't stand in front of the planned parenthood and shout out your disgusting thoughts at the women going in because you don't know their story you don't know if it's their first or their 21st and you don't know their reasoning!!!

i am so SO very sorry you went through all of that **hugs**

i cannot imagine the torment it was to walk past picketers who have no freaking clue.

i agree, a 14 year old body is NOT ready to have a baby (hm, i'm 37 and sometimes have my doubts) and to be honest, i would have more than likely done the same thing.

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that. I can't even imagine having to deal with rape and pregnancy at that age, and then having to deal with those nasty protesters. I couldn't even imagine it now at my age and I'm 30. Your story puts a personal face on abortion and how important it is that we have this right.

Things happen for a reason...yeah it was painful and yeah it was a decision that I made for myself and for the unborn baby I was carrying for that short amount of time, but my past has shaped the woman that I have become today...At 20 I was blessed by giving birth to a planned baby boy! He was born 2 months early. He was boen 2 pounds 4 ounces and 15 inches long. He's disabled and special needs, but I am so happy that he is my first baby and that I had control over the fact that I was able to have my first baby when it was my choice and not the choice of someone who forced themself on me :). Now my son is a hyper 19 month old and if someday I am blessed with another...(fingers crossed) maybe a girl and she (God forbid) ever had to make a decision like this I would be right there holding her hand tell her that it's okay :).

I think it is a fabulous thing to have a man of color reach the goal of president in this country. I am so happy to get over the hurdle of racism, and hope this puts an end to it. On the other hand, I am so sad that our new president elect does not have a care in the world for the rights of the unborn children, and supports murdering them. I am also sad that he desires to change what God deemed marriage to be. (between a man and a woman) He wants to take away our rights to bear arms. (and if he does that, then only the criminals and the government will have them. Watch out!) He wants all of us to pay for health insurance for those who won't. (God said 'if you don't work, you don't eat' Period!) He Lied so many times, he can't be trusted.( go to the thread entitled 'why are you voting for Obama?' 1st post, and you won't believe the long list of proven lies he has made.) He will enforce the wealthy to give to the poor. (there goes free enterprise!)

When the people in the world begin to look to any one man to be their 'savior', instead of Jesus, God exits the picture. I am bitter sweet about this election. Happy for the african american's victory in making history, but sad that the man will probably not be the kind who will open each day with prayer to God for gudiance and wisdom to do his job. (I say this because his stand on many issues are not God's stand on them).

Still, I hope and pray that God will Bless America.

I am sorry so to hear your story. What you had to endure was awful and it wasn't right. You were very young and scared I'm sure. It also wasn't your fault that it happened. I would say the same thing to your unborn baby. It was not his fault that his mom was raped and because of that, he was aborted. But I still feel that 2 wrongs don't make a right. It was wrong for that person to impose his power on you, and it was wrong for you to impose your power on your baby. I know that you can't go back and change your decision, but you can learn from it. Life is precious. God tells us that it is wrong to kill the life that grows inside a woman, and I believe Him. (after all, He is the one who created man, so he makes the rules)

Saying this to you is hard for me, because I have compassion for you because of your circumstance. But, it must be said. To abort a baby is not right, in any circumstance. Women have choices. They can give their child to a family that wants one. I know that after going through a rape, carrying a baby for 9 months is a long time and all of the sacrifices and emotional turmoil you would have to endure would be hard, but the only other alternative is killing the child. In our society, that should never be an acceptable option. (the wrong doings of others (in this case, your rapist) affect everyone around us, and we sometimes have to endure hard times because of the bad actions of others. We live in a world where there is no escaping the consequences of others wrong doings.)

I would never stand in front of an abortion clinic and do that, but If I ever came across someone who was contemplating an abortion (and I have) I would do my best to try to talk them out of it.

I did not shame her or chastise her. I truely feel compassion for what she's been through, but that does not mean that I feel how she 'resolved' her problem was right.

She is posting on a thread where we are debating abortion, she has to expect opposition to her choice. Sometimes people don't want to hear what might hurt them, but this is how we grow.

Who supports the right to choose? Not me.

pattygreen: two wrongs don't make a right is absolutely correct. A young child was forceably raped. Forcing her body to endure a pregnancy and raise a child at age 14 is the second wrong she would have had to endure. I do not believe for one minute that Jesus would condone forcing that double wrong upon one of his children. I believe that Jesus feels nothing but compassion for her and loves her and comforted her through her very horrific double trauma.

Just because you believe that adoption is an option, does not make it right for everyone. It would never be a choice for me. Absolutely never. Adoption can often be good. But it is not always good and if I chose to bring a child into the world, I could never give it away and expect someone else to take on my responsibility.

And just because you believe that abortion is wrong and you feel compelled to chastise someone who posts here doesn't make you right in doing so.

It does absolutely clearly define what kind of person you are. You believe that the rights of this young lady are for you to define. You want to make that choice for her and if she doesn't choose what you believe is right, then you feel it is your place to publically correct her.

I believe that you are pretty heartless to say what you said. But I am sure that she can handle it. She seems to be very happy with her child and her choice. And I know, for sure, that she is wise and strong. And I congratulate her for finding true happiness in spite of having been through such an horrible event at such a young age.

Edited by BJean

As usualy Bjean - Well Said...