Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A good friend of mine sent anpicyure of me from a few years ago when about 10 of us decided to spend the day at Venice Beach, Ca. I remember the day so vividly. I could not walk because my back and knees were aching, do I told them to continue to walk and I'll catch up alter I rest: Dell, I never caught up and sneaked to my car which was 2 blocks away, but it felt like 20 blocks. I stopped by aF KFC AND ATE A 10 piece bucket of chicken in the car and cried!

Ken how sad for you. I see how much weight you have lost and you should be so proud. I use my old pictures as motivation . When I get down and tired of the whole weight loss worry, I pull out my before photo's. I had mobility problems too and now can walk all over . I even park my car way out In parking lots so I have to walk. Best of luck to you and keep up the good work.

You've come a long way - congrats to you.

I have documented my weight loss thru pictures...I love referring back to the different stages that started with my "decision day" photo. That was the day I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office, saw the number and cried. I decided at that moment I was going to do something and regain back my life. Looking back, it was a sad day, but it was the day that truly changed my life.

Anyone who is seriously overweight can relate to this. I'm so glad you were able to turn your life around. Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! At 7 weeks out from surgery, your stats are an inspiration!

These are the kind of stories that people who don't believe in WLS need to hear. You've come a long way from that sad day. I'm so proud of you.

Thank you for sharing. I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you! Congrats!

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations at the fantastic progress you have made so far!

I took my family on a cruise back in August and that was rough. My mobility sucked and it kept them from doing things they should have been doing because they did notat want to leave me out. At that time we paid for a photo package on the cruise ship and I felt like I ruined every picture that I was in.

A few weeks ago my family went to Benihana for birthday dinner for my Grandaughter. They took our picture and when they handed it to me, I was shocked at how thin my face looked. I raced home and pulled out the pictures taken on the cruise and I actually began to cry. I could not believe the incredible difference of my befores and afters.

I love to get my picture taken now!

Congratulations on your progress and thanks for the uplifting post!

Great job Ken. I was also morbidly obese and suffering from mobility issues. Not any more and it's all because of my weight loss. I hope to never forget how far I've come in order to never go back there again. I hope the same for you. Congrats on a job well done.

Thank you all for your encouraging and supporting comments. That picture really affected/effected (dang never get those two correct argh!) me. Funny how emotions and memories have a direct affect on our moods.

@@SuperKen, you look SO much better and healthier! Congratulations!

@@SuperKen I can only echo all the comments above! You are doing amazing and of course I can relate to your feelings. I used to think I would have a heart attack walking from my office to my car at the end of the day. Then one day after a trip to the Dr. and new medication (which I took while at work) I had a major reaction that mimicked that feared heart attack!!

I drove all the way home and then called an ambulance.

Thank goodness it was just a reaction to the medication but it really was an eye opener and from that day I started looking at life in a new way and decided to make some much needed changes but it would still take me another 3 years to have WLS.

My company took pictures at a volunteer event my kids and I helped out at a few years ago. It's on our internal website. Thankfully my name is not captioned, but there I was at ~300 pounds, directing traffic in a way-too-small orange vest. I looked angry and miserable. I remember being in extreme back pain all day because our one hour shift morphed into four hours when they needed us to stay. I was in excruciating pain.

This picture is still on the website and every few weeks I go look at it. I compare it to my portrait pic on my department's subsite, which I recently updated after I got a nice haircut. Oh, and after I'd lost 100 pounds, too. Lol.

Pictures bring back the good and the bad. I don't ever want to forget how bad it was. I, too, have an eating in my car horror story. I'll share it sometime.

You're a true inspiration. Thanks for your post!

Wow I left out the story that later I realized that I went to KFC and ate that 10 piece with biscuits and apple pie to punish myself for being super obese and not being able to participate in life. Oh God that was truly one of the worst days in my life!

Wow I left out the story that later I realized that I went to KFC and ate that 10 piece with biscuits and apple pie to punish myself for being super obese and not being able to participate in life. Oh God that was truly one of the worst days in my life!

So glad you are on the other side!