Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi everyone! I am new to this site and had my RNY done on December 10th. Everything went really well and I think I got through the hardest Days ( liquids only ). The part that has me concerned is the lack of weight loss. Because I am barely eating anything, one would think the weight would be dropping oFf! I lost 12 pounds the 1st week, and have pretty much been stagnant since then. I am getting all my Vitamins and Protein in, just not much movement. Still not regretting my decision, just feeling a little discouraged.

HEY BEARER

I AM THE SAME. HAD MY RNY BYPASS 12/24/14. I'VE LOST 23 LBS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PRE OP FAST AND 16 LBS SINCE THE SURGERY. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN CONSISTENTLY EAT SO LITTLE AND NOT HAVE WEIGHT FALLING OFF. I DID HAVE A LAPBAND AND THE DOCTOR SAID FOR SOME REASON WE USUALLY LOSE A LITTLE SLOWER. HE DID SAY HE ALMOST WANTS TO TELL HIS PATIENTS NOT TO GET ON THE SCALE; BECAUSE SOMETIMES IT TAKES THE BODY TIME TO GET ADJUSTED. SOMETIMES HE SAID YOU CAN ACTUALLY SHOW A GAIN. HE SAID JUST KEEP FOLLOWING THE RULES AND THE BODY WILL ADJUST. I CAN SAY I'M DISCOURAGED BUT I AM DISAPPOINTED AND ANXIOUS TO SEE THOSE NUMBERS TURN. THIS IS MY FIRST WEEK OF SOFT FOODS. WHAT TYPE OF THINGS ARE YOU EATING? I NEED SUGGESTIONS.

Make sure you are getting enough calorie or your body goes into starvation mode and you don't lose but gain.. You will have to push your self to eat what you can and drink the shakes but I promise its important to lose the weight. I'm one month out from mine. Dec 15 and I've lost 30 pounds. But it stalled out at 3 weeks bc I had cut back on calories. I actually gained 2 pounds. I upped my calories and 3 pounds came off to put me at my 30.. After talking with many people I learned what I just told you.. eggs are my friends so are pickles.. And anything soft. Keep us updated. And good luck to you both..

Thank you brokenangel. I will force myself to increase because right now I am only getting 500-600 calories a day. I like eggs, are you eating regular eggs, or egg substitute? Congratulations o. Your 30 pounds, that is awesome!

Yes you need to follow what they want you to do especially in the beginning it is a little frustrating but your body needs the Protein especially or you will get sick I know I went through it myself.

THANKS BROKENANGEL & CONGRATS ON YOUR 30 LB LOST. WAY TO GO! I TOO WILL UP MY CALORIES. I'VE BEEN RUNNING BETWEEN 500-800 SINCE I GOT ON SOFT FOODS WITH 2 DAYS AROUND 450. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY CALORIES WE SHOULD BE CONSUMING TO KEEP YOU OUT OF STARVATION MODE? PICKLES? I LOVE DILL PICKLES, BUT THEY AREN'T MY LIST YET.

THANKS BEARER YEP I'M EATING THOSE SAME THINGS PLUS 2 TB LS Peanut Butter AND SOME CRACKERS. I ALSO HAD MINI FROZEN MEATBALLS.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THEIR TASTE BUDS HAVE CHANGED. I TRIED TO HAVE SOME chicken BULLION ONE DAY AND IT TASTED COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I CAN'T SEEM TO TASTE chocolate - IN THE pudding AND SWEET IS WEIRD TOO. PEACHES HAVE NO TASTE.

Edited by DENISEMIC

I believe that 800 is what I was told to keep out of starvation mode.. Pickels are good if u chew them till they are like relish. Lol.. Taste buds do change.. And I eat organic free range brown eggs. They are good.. If u are working out. I would suggest a app that helps you count calories burned working out. And if u do work out add a few calories back to it.. Scrabbled eggs are good but I can't do them. They have to be boiled.. If you are on soft foods. And don't want to blend the food. Make sure u chew it until it is mushy..

THANKS BROKENANGEL YES THIS IS MY 8TH DAY ON SOFT FOODS. CAN'T WORK OUT YET, I AM WALKING THOUGH. I JUST TRIED AN EGG WITH 2 TBLS LF COTTAGE cheese. I SAW IT ON PINTEREST. IT WAS SURPRISINGLY GOOD SCRAMBLED. I'M GOING TO WORK TOWARD THAT 800 CALORIE MARK.

THANKS DENISE