Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

I've got a confession. I don't exercise...gasssssp, I know! I haven't but a handful of times throughout my journey. So, my goal for a healthier life is to start incorporating some type of physical activity daily. So today I'm going to strive to get in a 30 min. Jillian Michaels 30 days shred workout. Wish me luck:-)

@@enjoythetime I must admit though you've lost a lot of weight without exercising. How many calories do you have a day? That's the only things I can think of that worked for you.

@enjoythetime I didn't exercise much, if any, during my weight loss either. However, I can tell lately that it's going to be necessary to knock out these last few pounds and to keep them off. I'm guessing my age is finally playing a factor. UGH!

I stay under 1000 calories a day and usually more like 800. I don't really do it intentionally, but am usually satisfied there. I make sure I get 85+ grams of Protein daily and try to limit carbs. You'd think the weight would just fall off, but I'm having to work for it recently.

@@catdaddy exercise accounts for only about 20% of weight loss, diet is 80%. I put 110% of my focus on making a lifestyle change through healthy choices. My calorie intake varied throughout my journey starting out I was getting in 800, then was told I better amp that up or I was going to hit a hard plateau from starving my body so I listened and then moved up to about 1,000. Again I was told to bump it so I hit my goal weight by maintaining an average of 1200 calories per day. I continued losing even though I wanted to maintain so my dr. pulled out this cool machine which told me the magic calorie # I needed to hit every day to maintain my 130lbs. which is 1338. This number is my basal # meaning no exercise is accounted for. If I burn 250 cal. exercising I need to take in 1588 calories per day to maintain.

By no means do I come home and veg. I have two kiddos who keep me up and moving so I count that as activity, cleaning (an never ending working mom chore), working full time etc. but as far as a scheduled exercise routine nope I haven't had one. But I'm where @@s_suther is now, in order to maintain my loss (and to lose 3 stubborn lbs. I picked up over the holidays) I'm going to have to start adding exercise into my life. It's part of that lifestyle change for me I knew it was too overwhelming to do everything at once so I put everything I had into the eating lifestyle change, got that and now it's time to dedicate 100% to the exercise lifestyle change. It's all or nothing for me, I don't believe in doing anything 1/2 way:-) Who knows I may love it now. Don't hold your breathe though.

Edited by enjoythetime

I did a step class last night. I have not recuperated from my first Zumba class Saturday yet. I was going to go to the gym tonight but in the winter my life revolves around good weather driving. The storm has just started here

@@enjoythetime, I'm amazed that I'm enjoying my stairs at work. Three breaks a day doing eight floors at a time. My knees couldn't handle it a year ago but now they can, and I rest in the bathroom between the 7th and 8th floor and return to my desk without being out of breath.

@@enjoythetime, I'm amazed that I'm enjoying my stairs at work. Three breaks a day doing eight floors at a time. My knees couldn't handle it a year ago but now they can, and I rest in the bathroom between the 7th and 8th floor and return to my desk without being out of breath.

You're making me want to find some stairs!

@@JustWatchMe this is absolutely an awesome idea! Look at the motivation you just gave @@s_suther and myself!!!!

I have stairs right outside my office (11 flights), so you know what, I'm going to take my break soon and this is how I will be spending it. I don't have the right shoes on today but oh well I will do what I can with what I have and tomorrow bring my tennis shoes. If you don't hear back from me today, I'm being casted because my heal broke on my shoe:-)

Thanks ladies! This is what this group is ALLLLL about!

Ladies I am doing good 100 plus ounces of Water each day and keeping my calories at 1000 or less. I am also getting back in to running/jogging/speed walking. I used to do 4 miles a day. My knee and back won't let me so I am doing 2 miles. I am only 27 and really trying to lose this last 35-40 lbs to get me to 150. I am already having a hard time finding shirts that fit my rib cage and shoulders. Hopefully I will lose some weight there. food is planned for the day and I have my water ready for the day too! I won't get off work tonight until 12:30 and it is barely 11:00. Long day ahead and the next 2 are even longer! Wish me luck!!

Wish me luck!!

You got this!! Meals, Water, exercise are planned and you'll make it happen. Good luck today.

Meals, Water, exercise planned here too. I stopped and had a "fancy" Decaf coffee this cold morning, a nice treat that's documented in my fitness pal. Game on!!!

How is everybody?

Holy crapoli was yesterday "off"!!! Oh well. Total calories (had some cocktails) 2489. And somehow instead of doing extra stairs I ended up only doing 12 flights. I missed a round somehow.

Back on track today with dinner leftovers and making firm time slots for the stairs.

Ok, so I totally suck:-) Yesterday I didn't exercise:( I didn't take the stairs on my break started second guessing my shoes. Then I got home and well you know life happens so I didn't do my exercise workout either:( I did get my liquids in and was on point with my calories. I was able to flush another one of those stubborn lbs. down the drain. \

You. Don't. Suck.

1827 calories Friday with 24 flights of stairs.

2265 calories Saturday with no exercise except a short walk with the dog.

I paid the price and am up 2 pounds at my weigh in today.

We are snowed in in Chicago today. I'm making a pot of split pea Soup.

Committing to 1200 calories and a walk with the dog today.

Watching the Super Bowl. Just reflecting over a bowl of chili... well a half cup is more like it! 1 bite hot bread. All done! Thinking of the spread of things in years past prior to LB. Gosh it was all about the food! So today is minimally about the food and glad for that. Must get my vit/min in. Forgot all about it yesterday. Life gets busy and I slip. Great to get refocused. My mom is still in the hospital and they did take her off oxygen. She looks so pale. Tomorrow will be a better day for her! Three inches of ice outdoors this evening and the temp is dropping. Nice night to be indoors.