Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2015 New Year Resolutions

Any plans for the new year? Are you going to go to the gym more? Throw out all those Cookies you've been hiding? Finally tell your in-laws what to do with themselves? Change your hair color? Get that tattoo of Jim Morrison and/or Elmo you've always wanted? Try on naughty lingerie? Try on your wife's naughty lingerie? Run a marathon? Become a vegan? Hitchhike across the country? Learn to rollerblade?

Curious minds want to know.

I'm looking into that naughty lingerie thing. I mean, it's Spandex and that has to be good for keeping things up snug and in place, right?

Great topic! Can't wait to read some replies! My New Years Resolution is to be approved for WLS and lose the weight. It may be 2016 before I can talk about sexy lingerie. But that shouldn't stop anyone else from talking about it! We needed a little fun in the forums. It was getting a little too serious and folks were taking tings a little too personal.

Ok my new year goals for 2015, go sledding.. Tubing to be exact..jump on a trampoline with my 11 year old. Learn to dance, yep trying to learn line dances is fun, but letting go of fear is outrageously hard...ride a bike, Drink more Water, eat my meals correctly(stock work fridge to help with choices). Get to goal weight by surgery anniversary...be such an effective teacher they have no choice but to keep me for next school year!

Find normal... Or at least a balance of joy, happiness, love and stress...normal is like asking for a unicorn...unicorn would be easier!!!

New Year New beginning, Get back to healthier eating, Holidays are brutal . Get to my goal and maintain it. possibly have TT or Panni. Go on cruise to Alaska. Look great for my granddaughters wedding. concentrate on more exercise and drink more Water.

Haha! Love how you presented this topic! I hadn't considered an Elmo tattoo or telling my mother-in-law what to do with herself (although I really would like to sometimes!) Maybe I'll just tattoo Elmo on her backside when she's sleeping haha!

For real though, besides the obvious of getting the weight off which involves eating right, exercising and so on, I'm going to get my Social Work license this year for sure and go visit one new place each month. There are so many cool spots in Washington State so I made a list and am planning to spend 2015 exploring!

@@JackieBrown Love the topic! I was just talking to my hubby and a couple of friends about recommitting to our goals this year.

I'm not shy so I've pretty much done all of the things you mentioned minus the Elmo tat mine is Winny the Pooh and Tigger, maybe this year I'll have them touched up a bit and give that tat and upgrade into 2015!!

This year my focus is going to continue to be on my health and well being and to stop sabotaging myself with food and sweets after killing myself in the gym!!

I'd like to reach a couple of goals that I have set, and begin working on our long term retirement plan. Yes we are young but now is the time to get those plans started!!! Especially given the fact that I want to move half way around the world in the next 5 years :)

I'm going to be here often I'm sure to remind myself of these things and get some inspiration and continued motivation!!!

LOVE the topic! Lets see, of course top of the list is to get my surgery date and get on with this journey! I like the idea of getting a existing tattoo recolored, new one hmmmm maybe I will have to think about that one. There are two weddings in 2015 for attendance and looking great would be nice yes. But little NSV goals, airplane comfort and seat belt fitting with the arm rests down; seat belt comfort in 4x4 while mudding; summer oh summer with a thinner healthier me. Nice thoughts yep can not wait!!!

Not sure if this is a resolution or not but my fervent hope/goal is to be this same weight as 2015 comes to a close. I'm expecting this to be a very good year as I am not anticipating any further surgical procedures for a change. A grandson is coming in April and a trip to China is being planned for after the summer.

Feeling very happy and grateful as we embark on a new year.

This last year really allowed me to have the tools to achieve something I've been fighting for since I was a teenager: the ability to permanently lose weight. So, when all is said and done, 2014 was a pretty fine year for me.

As for the coming year, I'm going to do my best to follow up on the protocol and change into a whole new bod. I've promised myself a really nice new wardrobe when I reach my goals, so bring on the string cheese!

I'm going to the gym....for real this time! And I'm NOT going on the 1st, maybe a Day or week after just so it won't have the "New Years resolution" stigma attached to it. That little bastard fails me every time! I'm smarter this year! So tomorrow the hubs is taking me shopping for cute workout gear. I made that "buy my wife cute clothes all year" resolution for him! I know sweet huh!!!!!

My goals for 2015:

Be kind to myself every day.

Dare to dream about my new life post-divorce.

Don't survive -- thrive.

Eat well.

sleep well.

Find a healthy distraction for when anxiety sets in. It was recommended to me to take up reading enjoyable books again, rather than only self-help type books.

Move more.

Socialize more.

Be open to new friendships. I did that this year and have two new friends as a result.

Lose my remaining excess weight.

Get off my final prescription, a blood pressure medicine.

Begin the process of qualifying for a panniculectomy after goal weight is achieved.

Take a vacation with my daughters.

Remember every day that this, too, shall pass, and life is good.

Personally, I avoid the word "resolution/resolve" like the plague. I feel that it just sets someone up for failure- forget to live up to it once, get depressed, give up, and on the cycle goes.

I'm going into 2015 with the attitude of "try my very best" rather than resolve. I'm human, I'm not perfect, I'm going to make mistakes, and that's ok. With that being said, I'm going to "try my very best" to:

1. Keep pushing myself on that treadmill- some music motivates me more than others!

2. NOT be judgmental of others' eating habits. "Before" I ate all the wrong stuff... now I eat too little, according to some people. It's my journey, it's my life!

3. Remember that every single one of us is fighting our own battles, wrestling with our own demons, and wading through our own personal hell. I'll try not to hold it against you if you try not to hold it against me. :)

4. See the beauty in everyone and everything- I took it to heart when Dr. McKenna came to my hospital room and wished me a Happy Birthday the morning after my RnY. (after all, it was the first day of my new life!) I've been given a second chance, and there's beauty all around us if we pause to open our eyes and see it.

I raise my glass of Crystal Light to all of you, my BP friends- here's to an amazing 2015 and all the success it will bring us! Cheers! :D

In 2015 I will:

1. Get back into yoga.

2. Get regular exercise.

3. Weigh myself once a week.

4. Make healthy food choices 90% of the time.

5. Log my food intake every day.

6. Learn swing dancing.

7. Go on outings with my husband on weekends rather than hanging around the house.

This is a great topic!!

Mine is to Just say "yes"!

Yes I'll partake in the turkey trot, go skiing (next season), wear shorts, take care of #1 (that's me), be kind to others, love my kids and husband to the fullest and just say "yes" when asked to do things that may be outside my comfort zone

First though...surgery in a cple weeks.

You all are an inspiration. Thanks for some great ideas!