Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just recently had the lap-band surgery on April 23, 2007 in Boston, MA. My doctor was Dr. Kim, she's great. And so far i've lost 16 pounds, and i feel great, my first fill will be on June 14th.

Congrats on your band...that is great....I was banded on 4/6/07 and my first fill was 5/17/07...I have lost 30 lbs and I feel great....by the way....April 23, is my birthday...Be sure to go to the April banders thread...and be added to the list of April banders...

Hi i am getting banded this upcoming monday. I wanted to know how the after pain is as to what hurts the most , and if it is REALLY painful.

Thank you

;) Today is my one week band-iversary. My surgery was at USC University Hospital in L.A. by Dr. Namir Katkhouda. Feeling great. Since my pre-op diet to a few days ago when I weighed myself, I'm down 12.5 lbs. and feeling fine. My mom is by my side helping me in recovery. I'm having some pain in my shoulder (not gas anymore) near my left breast when I take a deep breath. Also I'm burping a lot and it hurts. Anyone have these problems? I also just felt hungry for the first time two days ago after being on full liquid diet for the past 4 days. Congrats to all the other fellow newly banded people here! I'm glad to have found such a great on-line support group. :)

Pebbles, I was so scared about the after pain but if you stay calm and breath a lot and have faith in your doctors and the meds they give you, it is absolutely manageable. Trust me, I'm a scardy cat when it comes to pain (low, low threshold) but I personally surprisingly felt little overall pain. I'd have to say the worst was and is at my incision port site (I was banded a week ago today!) and by far the most frustrating pain was the gas pain in my left shoulder area (treated by Gas-X, take it before the pain is full-fledged). Other than that, nothing. Just be sure to follow all the nurses and doctors orders and walk around as much as possible and def eat SLOWLY! It certainly varies from person to person but that has been my experience so far. Much, much better than I expected.

Ok.. CONGRATS to you all.. That is so exciting to hear of your weightloss!

For those of you that have already had a fill, I am curious to know- what size is your band and how many cc's are in the band?

I am 6mos post op and only dow 29 lbs so far.. this has been very slow for me.. Although the weightloss has increased a bit more over the last 6 wks-- I've lost 9 lbs since my last fill (6 wks ago).. Would love to hear what everyone's diet consist of.. are you totally eating healthy?

I wish! The band helps you adjust your portion eating. But let's face it, if all you eat is salad, you will falter! That is not the point of the exercise. We have to keep this up for years, so the main thing is to have a balanced diet but that also means having the odd treat...or in my case, far too many treats...oops!!! LOL

No on the whole I eat much more veg and fruits than I used to! I cut down on sauces and Mayonnaise in particular.

A little of what you like don't do you no harm though!

Banded on 4/30 by Dr. Robert McKeen - going in for a fill on 6/5 - down 25 lbs - very little pain for me, mostly just sore abs like doing alot of sit-ups still bruised where the big incision is - back to normal activity after about a week - just eating ssssslllloooowwwwly, small bites, small portions of pretty much anything except the carby stuff and rice and spuds

Guest I AM SO HAPPY

do you still see Katkhouda for after care?

Lori in Torrance