Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Suggestions on Where to by Liquid Protein, etc.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for suggestions on what has worked for you and is tolerable:

I have been to Vitamin Shoppe and GNC and I am not finding like a concentrated liquid Protein you can add to Water to sip all day to meet protein requirements for after surgery. Any suggestions, links, name of products welcomed!

Thanks.

If you go with liquid Protein "shots", check the ingredients carefully. Certain ones are made with hydrolyzed collagen protein which is low quality and not readily absorbed. As for powders, everyone is different, but I like Muscle Milk cake batter, banana cream, and red velvet cake, Un Jury unflavored and chocolate, Syntrax Nectar lemonade, peach, cherry, and Apple, Syntrax Matrix vanilla, Spirutein banana, jay Robb piña colada, and Garden of Life chocolate, vanilla and chai. I did not like Isopure at all. You can get samples of dozens of different protein powders from Nashua Nutrition before investing in a big tub. I also found single servings of a lot of products in my local whole food stores. One of the best protein bars (as far as ingredients/protein/fiber/calories) are Quest.< /p>

Edited by Kindle

Thank you everyone, this is helpful and points me into the right direction. The reason for the liquid Protein versus powder it is because aside from the Protein shakes, I was told to add Protein to my Water to sip throughout the day. They gave me a sample of something called "Pocket Protein" that is a concentrated liquid (strawberry) and you can add it to flavor your Water and it has protein in it. (15 grams). Can't go to the store to get it, it is online only.

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Protein-15g-Strawberry-nutrition/dp/B00OUB17O8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418170978&sr=8-1&keywords=pocket+protein

I wish I can find things like this at the local store so I can try samples of it instead of buying cases.

Edited by Pac-woman

I use Vega One nutritional shakes. They taste great and have 15g Protein with a lot of Vitamins, minerals, Fiber Omega 3, antioxidants etc. Expensive but great. I buy them at the food coop I work at so I get a discount on them.

I love Chike. You can buy a sample pack of all their flavors for $9.95. They are absolutely delicious, 23 to 25g of Protein per serving and 130 to 190 calories. Banana, Orange Dream, chocolate, coffee, Vanilla, strawberry.

https://www.chikenutrition.com/chike-variety-pack.html

I agree with @Elode. Premier Protein shakes are, in my opinion the best tasking - can be purchased at costco. Same with the Quest bars. A good tip is to put in microwave (chocolate chip, cinnamon bun, and chocolate brownie) for about 10 seconds. I stick with Protein powders that are whey isolates. Optimum Nutrition and Bodytech (Vitamin Shoppe) are both pretty good. I keep the protein powders to less that 2 grams of carbs and sugar. This has worked pretty good for me.

Best of luck!

Awesome. By the way got approved!

For liquid Protein I used Prosource . You can get it online. I liked them because they sell individual pouches of the flavored ones so you can buy small in case you don't like it. The unflavored is only sold on the large bottle.

As for bars Zone Bar is okay in some flavors. Another one I really liked was the Six Star Pro bar 20gms of Protein, 6gm of sugar. These taste really good.

powder I liked CVS whey powder - Comes in vanilla or chocolate, under $20 a container and taste great.

RTD - I like Orgain organics. They are sold at Walgreens and Rite Aid 4/$8.99, but the high protein that has 26gms of protein are sold only only.

Edited by BLERDgirl

Haha @

• wannaBthinsoon, I sure did! I was in shock when I heard it. First I got denied because I missed one of my dietician appts. The Blues says it has to be 6 CONSECUTIVE. Ugh. But I guess it got fixed. :rolleyes:

I bought EAS carbvantage Protein shakes from Walmart and they're great. very filling and reasonably priced at $4.97/four pack

Not bad, will check it out for sure.