Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Emep,

25k... wow that's awesome, I cant wait till I get to that point. I am still feeling a little pain around the incisions that I decided to wait a bit more till I ride. I however am in the pool now and will be doing that daily, hopefully.

My goals are to do a fully self supported bike tour, especially in your area... It is so lovely up there, everything is so clean. If I had my way my whole family would move up there in an instant.

thanks for the update and keep it coming I'm getting so motivated with this thread.

Ben

Well, it has been a long time since I have posted and actually been online here

Nice to see some new faces on this biking thread.

I have had a rough winter, gained some weight, and been pure lazy....all the excuses can be made, but the bottom line is I am in charge of ME and my choices, and it is time to get real again and get back on the saddle and back on track with my diet.

Hoping to catch some out on the road and online here as well for good old fashioned support and encouragment....

Happy riding to all

Hi HP!

I'm sure once you get back to riding regularly and eating like a bandster the weight will start falling off.

Glad to see you back here and thanks for the all the warm wishes on Facebook.

I hope to get riding in a couple of weeks myself.

My club has a regular bike ride on Thurs. They have one on Sat. too but it's kind of advanced. Yesterday was the first Thurs. one and first I show up at the last possible second. Then it takes me so long to do the bike ride that I came back after dark which is against the rules.

I feel like a dork.

But I did get in 22.5 miles! I remember when I was hoping for 16 miles before my triathlon (which is Sunday).

thanks J....

I have been wondering about you and wondered how the recovery process was going....I would love to get to the point to consider it.

Yes, I am hoping to get back on tracl

My 20 year old did have her surgery about 7 weeks ago and is doing very good.

MC..hello.......hey.....if you finished, you accomplised something....I remember finishing dead last on SEVERAL organized rides....one was with a group of bandster friends....so...it happens....

And will get better....promise

You rode more than me this week.....I only got 10 miles in on Easter, and none all week

Hoping for a good ride this weekend.....hoping for one without killer hills.....:blink:

My club has a regular bike ride on Thurs. They have one on Sat. too but it's kind of advanced. Yesterday was the first Thurs. one and first I show up at the last possible second. Then it takes me so long to do the bike ride that I came back after dark which is against the rules.

I feel like a dork.

But I did get in 22.5 miles! I remember when I was hoping for 16 miles before my triathlon (which is Sunday).

Mac~

22.5 that is great! Good luck with the Tri! Let us know how it goes.

Ok.... So I am wondering if anyone has been able to firm up their flabby thighs by cycling?? I have been walking briskly on the treadmill for sometime and I have not had much luck. Any advice I have not rode a bike in years.... oh like maybe junior high LOL.

rdim-

I'm going to break your heart by saying no. My thighs are still flabby, because of the skin, but underneath the skin there are strong muscles and I'm very fit.

Cycling is great, great, great for getting healthy. And you should consider it as a way to add something new to your exercise routine 1. because you're going to get bored if you don't add new stuff and 2. cycling is fun!

I hope you get out on your bike. Don't worry about how long it's been, that phrase, "It's like riding a bike" comes from the truth. You never forget!

Keep us posted on what you decide.

HP-

Good to see you posting again. Are you going to track your miles ridden this year like you did last? I bet you'll be up to 1000 in no time.

J

48 miles today in 3:07...was great, but I've GOT to learn how to eat on the bike. The last 12 miles were not a lot of fun.

It was a beautiful sunny, and warm, spring day! I got my bike out and did 5 miles. It was so fun! I think I might be able to get into this bike thing! LOL!

It was rolling hills and one long up hill, but it was gradual, so I got to practice shifting - someday I will get it! I am going to do the same ride again on Wednesday - hoping the weather holds. I now know that I can ride home from work too - it is 6 miles from work to our house. I think it will be nice to ride home after school, good stress reliever!

Well, I know it was short, but it was a good start and just wanted to share!

J

Yes, I do plan to track miles this year, as I almost had 1500 last year and plan to do what I can to hit 2000 or better

I was able to get a nice good ride in on Saturday late afternoon, and kicked her down pretty good playing cat and mouse allot with john....

We only rode 22 miles, but had great averages, and allot of head wind to fight with...but it felt so good.

It is amazing how just getting back out helps me in other areas as well....as far as what I am eating, how much energy I have and how much better I sleep. I think I must of turned into a bear over the winter...MUST NOT DO THAT ANYMORE>

So, I will try and get a ticker back up here and add to my signature

KRtork

It is amazing how much fun the rolling hills are.....mostly if you get a good speed going down, than you dont have to peddel so much going back up.

And you know what..I was off my bike since Dec, and the first time back out I was fighting with my gears too....LOL