Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I want to do a Century next year.

Mac if you keep putting in 27 milers and increasing your distance a bit at a time there is no reason why you could not do a century this year. My lazy girlfriend put in 5 straight days of 50+ miles last summer after probably only 25 miles total training. And she is a non fit smoker. I have full confidence you can do that century way sooner than you might think.

Well I'm kind of full in my schedule right now.... One 4 mile race, 3 triathlons and then a 10k. That gets me right through Oct. So I figure I'm not even going to think about it until the off season.

Well I'm kind of full in my schedule right now.... One 4 mile race, 3 triathlons and then a 10k. That gets me right through Oct. So I figure I'm not even going to think about it until the off season.

Mac - You're my hero! How do you fit it all in? I have started training for the tri, it is a scheduling nightmare - but I am working on it!

So far, it's been okay. I have 3 weekly workouts with my club and then I go to the gym 2-3x a week for a 45 min. workout each time. I've scheduled my tris every other month too. Then the 10k two months after that.

But with the longer distances, I'm going to have to find more training time and that worries me. I have this secret desire to do an Ironman and I'm not sure I have the time to put to that.

So far, it's been okay. I have 3 weekly workouts with my club and then I go to the gym 2-3x a week for a 45 min. workout each time. I've scheduled my tris every other month too. Then the 10k two months after that.

But with the longer distances, I'm going to have to find more training time and that worries me. I have this secret desire to do an Ironman and I'm not sure I have the time to put to that.

My secret desire as well.

We should do it together.

Well looks like spring has arrived. Everyone is making plans to ride, ride, ride all spring, summer and fall. I hope that everyone is doing well. It was real cool this weekend up in CT. at least the sun was out. Hope to get biking here in the next week or so once, it warms up. Has anyone notice this year that there skin seems to be more itchey than before? I never notice it before. However with the weightloss you notice a lot more things than in the past. I have notices a lot of changes in the last 18 months, that I thought I would never see.

Chris

Mac,

This is personal experience talking...Babygirl will do what she says she will do.

If you sign up to anything with her, there is no backing out.

That's a good thing if you ask me, but this is also a warning.

:frown:

I hate running. I don't know if I could do a full marathon let alone one after a century and a 2 miles ride. But dammit if I had a buddy I might have to find a way to love running.

BG

Step away from the computer.

Quit looking for half ironmans. Get your 10 K in. Do your half marathon.

Okay, I'm looking at trying to join a multi sport group. Well maybe. They bike, run, and swim.

They are A and B riders. I don't know that I could hang with the big boys. I've got to check it out though.

I don't bicycle. I tricycle. I have worksman PAV-3. The seat is very comfy-- its like an armchair. Its a recumbent and means you lean back and shift to a lower gear to pedal faster to get up hills. So far I'm burning calories, getting around more independently (I really don't like to drive), and having fun.

If you can run a 10k, you can do an Olympic distance triathlon. I am thinking about doing the Ironman in two years. I'm not that interested in the HIM except as a stepping stone. I will do the Olympic distance next year and then work up to the Ironman.

But J I found a nice half Ironman right on Lake Michigan, that coincidentaly takes place during one of the weekends that my parents will be camping. Obviously that is not an option for this year (not only because it is sold out, but because I am not delusional) but in 2010 it would be doable. Thanks Mac.

So I went running yesterday, since I had not been in awhile. And I was feeling all inspired and stuff. At any rate I think the 3 weeks of P90X have made a huge difference because it was easier to run. I was going a bit faster and breathing a bit easier. And I have not been running in well over a month. Maybe even 2. So even though my weight loss is stalling the P90X is actually improving not only my strength but my cardiovascular health as well.