Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I was doing really well with the Seattle idea, until I hit the September part. I'll be at my other job (managing the house in France) for the month of September. Seattle is really cheap from Denver soooo can we slide it a little one way or the other?

On a less pleasant, but dog note...a really lovely friend of mine sent me an email linking to a petition to charge a man, who viciously killed a young dog, with some fairly serious animal cruelty charges. The reason I am even mentioning this to another dog lover is that the images that the description of the cruelty done keep playing in my mind. Even when I attempt to concentrate on something else, the broken record keeps playing. I wish that there was a nice way to tell my friend to edit out the horrible details before eliciting support from me. Tell me some wonderful things that your grayhound kids have been doing so that I can replace my mental image with some happy puppy thoughts. When I envision my pups, I see them being abused the same way the young dog was. Happy, happy happy......

Huge hug,

Car

There is some horrible cruelty out there. Man is the only animal that gains happiness in the suffering of another animal.

My Chi is hilarious. He is tickleish. No lie. You grab his back haunches and say tickle tickle and he just goes all squirmy and pounces. It is hilarious. then he takes a lap around the yard and comes back for more. Allie has started smelling me. Not my crotch or my bum ... but puts her nose right up to my face and starts sniffing until I blow in her face and she can smell my breath. Then she shakes her head like my breath smells really bad, blows out her mouth and then comes back again as if she just can't believe what she just smelled. Once she does it two or three times she just shakes her head and goes and lays down for awhile. But THAT is how she has started greeting me. Ya gotta love her.

As for the Seattle trip, it can't be moved with the walk being then. There is still the Vegas possibility and the trip to Canada. this isn't a replacement. Just another time to get together.

I'm sorry for the horrible email, but don't dwell on it. Find something beautiful to see instead. Do something kind for an animal somewhere and let go. Smile, life IS GOOD!

I'm back from my fill appointment. The doc didn't want to give me a fill today. He said that since I lost some weight even after he took out the .5 cc, he didn't feel I needed it. I told him 1 1/2 lb in 4 weeks does not constitute weight loss in my book and I needed just a little tweak. He said fine, but not before we do an x-ray to see my flow. So he took me to the x-ray room and said he liked the flow but would give me .3 since I felt I could handle it. He said he wanted his patients to have good quality of life and not be battling the band all the time. He told me if I had any problems come right back and he'll tweak it back out again. He's a sweetie.

On a related note, I asked my doc today how many of his long term patients have problems with the band and he said he's done over 4,000 bands and very few have problems. He says he's been doing the band for over 10 years and he still keeps track of many of them. I told him I was concerned because I read so many long term bandsters experiencing erosions, slips, scarring, etc. and he said that depends on the patients, their doctors and how much aftercare they receive. If a bandster is experiencing reflux or PBing, they should immediately go to their doctor and get it taken care of, it's when it's left too long that those problems arise. He also cautioned me against giving too much weight to those that post of their problems because he said the vast majority of bandsters do not have problems and if they are happy with the band and doing well, they tend to move on with their lives and not frequent weight loss forums. He said, as in every other facet of life, one is more likely to hear from unhappy, disgruntled people than those who are satisfied. That made me feel better and helped me put it into better perspective.

Okay...I'm thinking this is doable. Seattle in Sept. I can ride the train...maybe Rose would come. She wouldn't walk I'm sure, but she would come. Gives me over 6 months to raise the money. Phyl, I think there is something about handicapped accessibility....maybe you could ride your scooter....but you can ALWAYS be our cheerleader.

Anyone else game? I know 60 miles sounds hellish but we do have time to train for it. And what a celebration for our 2 year bandiversary event. Not saying to replace the other trip, but a real life change affirmation. For those of us needing some motivation, this could be what we are looking for.

Hope you have some takers. I'm getting excited!

Oh Phyl, Now I have this vision of tissues blossoming out of a Kleenex box, floating gently in the pool. Great!

Later gang,

Car

It was definitely NOT a good idea! Didn't go! Haven't been outside ALL day, but all the windows and the door... open, 75 degrees, so it feel like I'm outside. But still in my jammies!

Excellent report on your fill visit, Donna!

Your doctor sounds like a PEACH!

I haven't seen mine since about a month after my surgery!

I just get the crabby PA lady!

Okay...I'm thinking this is doable. Seattle in Sept. I can ride the train...maybe Rose would come. She wouldn't walk I'm sure, but she would come. Gives me over 6 months to raise the money. Phyl, I think there is something about handicapped accessability....maybe you could ride your scooter....but you can ALWAYS be our cheerleader.

Anyone else game? I know 60 miles sounds hellish but we do have time to train for it. And what a celebration for our 2 year bandiversary event. Not saying to replace the other trip, but a real life change affirmation. For those of us needing some motivation, this could be what we are looking for.

Okay...I am not worried about the 60 miles...I am not worried about getting to Seattle...I am worried how the hell I am going to raise 2300$

Anyone have any ideas????

Okay...I am not worried about the 60 miles...I am not worried about getting to Seattle...I am worried how the hell I am going to raise 2300$. Anyone have any ideas????

That is a tough requirement! You have to campaign for yourself... on the internet, on your blog, emails to friends and relatives, etc. It's a tall order, for sure! Get pledges for $x/mile.

Okay...I am not worried about the 60 miles...I am not worried about getting to Seattle...I am worried how the hell I am going to raise 2300$

Anyone have any ideas????

You can do it. You have months and months to do it. Go to some of your favorite places...your gym...and ask if you can put a donation jar on the counter and if they will sponsor you for a couple hundred dollars. Have a bake sale (hehehehe) at school. Ask your friends and relatives to campaign for you. Have some sort of drive. Maybe a 3 point shoot out where the kids can give you some too. You will do. Not a problem.

I'm not overly worried about that because I know that there are a lot of people in town being touched by the horror of breast cancer. Besides I have a few hundred put away for a rainy day.

I'm going to do it. I'm psyched. I can't wait for the 7's to make a team and do this. Haven't heard from Janet. Have you been thinking about it Janet??? You can do it, you know! Join us!! What an amazing NSV for the 7's! All of you who can. Join us.

You can do it. You have months and months to do it. Go to some of your favorite places...your gym...and ask if you can put a donation jar on the counter and if they will sponsor you for a couple hundred dollars. Have a bake sale (hehehehe) at school. Ask your friends and relatives to campaign for you. Have some sort of drive. Maybe a 3 point shoot out where the kids can give you some too. You will do. Not a problem.

I'm not overly worried about that because I know that there are a lot of people in town being touched by the horror of breast cancer. Besides I have a few hundred put away for a rainy day.

I'm going to do it. I'm psyched. I can't wait for the 7's to make a team and do this. Haven't heard from Janet. Have you been thinking about it Janet??? You can do it, you know! Join us!! What an amazing NSV for the 7's! All of you who can. Join us.

We have a niece who participated in one of these Susan Komen runs a couple of years ago and there was a website you could go to to make donations to her account. Do you think that option will be available after you get registered? The family sent out the link to anyone and everyone and she raised a bunch of money that way.

We have a niece who participated in one of these Susan Komen runs a couple of years ago and there was a website you could go to to make donations to her account. Do you think that option will be available after you get registered? The family sent out the link to anyone and everyone and she raised a bunch of money that way.

From what I read on the website it will be an option. We just have to sign up a team first. I have read stuff about it and it sounds like they give you a lot of support....including training help and fundraising help. I will help Karri any way I can...because she'll be my training support, I'm sure!

Okay...off to bed. Have a good tomorrow everyone. Hopefully Janet is just having technical difficulties tonight and not MIA.

Night everyone

Good Morning Ladies!

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,209;78;51;86

my totals for yesterday.... KFC for dinner, so the points are a little higher... but still I was accountable.

The Seatle trip sounds like a great motivator, but unfortunatly I will not be able to afford that... France trip upcoming, Elvis Festival in July in Canada, my daughters wedding in October.... my dance card is filling up!!!

I wish you guys every success in planning it though... Seatle would be a great thing to plan for...

Got the morning off today, Doctors appt. at 1p.m. then I work this afternoon.

Stephanie, your GH sound so funny. I have one dog who loves to smell my breath too!!! I thought I was the only weird one!!!:blush:

Not much excitement here today... I talked to my sis ter in Mexico and she is bored and can't wait to come home to Canada... Next month, I miss her and can't wait to see her when she gets back.

Phyl, I hope your cold/flu is on its way out... Boy you had a nasty case of it.

Take care everyone else,

Love C

I'm alive - just been super busy at work - I think it's a full moon - so many fires to put out - there just aren't enough hours in the day ...

Steph love the idea of the Seattle thing - but I can't afford that in addition to our Canada or Vegas (I know nothing has been firmed up) I just don't have the time or energy to ask for funds - between work - estate - and my life - I have enough on my plate right now and I only have so many vacation days too.

I think I got Phyl's cold from talking to her on the phone Monday :blush::scared2: - I have drank airborne this morning - not feeling really hot - well at least if I have to get sick I rather be it now than when I go on my cruise...

Well I gotta get back to work - CB when I can...

Hi ladies. I hope you all are having a great hump day!

Haven't gotten my work done, yet here I sit. Imagine that!

A friend of ours that we talked to last week has planned a trip for the 4 of us to Vegas for the end of May. I'm so psyched. I've never been on a grown up trip without kids like this so I'm pretty excited. The plane tickets and 4 nights at The Planet Hollywood for the two of is less than $600. I couldn't pass that up. I've never been to Vegas so I'm really happy about this.

Then I have the trip to Seattle in Sept. I think I will plan on riding the train out there. Whether Jeff comes depends on harvest. Hopefully he'll be able to get out there but it all depends on how the season goes. I'm waiting for my info packet to come from Susan G Komen. and then I'll be more informed about things.

Okay....off to do something. I have a ton of work I need to do but the kids have been keeping me busy today. I'll talk to you later.

I'm alive - just been super busy at work - I think it's a full moon - so many fires to put out - there just aren't enough hours in the day ...

Steph love the idea of the Seattle thing - but I can't afford that in addition to our Canada or Vegas (I know nothing has been firmed up) I just don't have the time or energy to ask for funds - between work - estate - and my life - I have enough on my plate right now and I only have so many vacation days too.

I think I got Phyl's cold from talking to her on the phone Monday :confused::lol: - I have drank airborne this morning - not feeling really hot - well at least if I have to get sick I rather be it now than when I go on my cruise...

Well I gotta get back to work - CB when I can...

Hey Janet, glad you are o.k. and just keeping busy with work. Is there still a lot of work to be done on your Bro's estate?Gosh, life is so complicated sometimes. (HUGS) Don't you dare get Phyl's cold.... you need to stay in tip top shape for when you go away on your cruise. I've forgotten, where are you sailing to? ALaska? or what?

Hi ladies. I hope you all are having a great hump day!

Haven't gotten my work done, yet here I sit. Imagine that!

A friend of ours that we talked to last week has planned a trip for the 4 of us to Vegas for the end of May. I'm so psyched. I've never been on a grown up trip without kids like this so I'm pretty excited. The plane tickets and 4 nights at The Planet Hollywood for the two of is less than $600. I couldn't pass that up. I've never been to Vegas so I'm really happy about this.

Then I have the trip to Seattle in Sept. I think I will plan on riding the train out there. Whether Jeff comes depends on harvest. Hopefully he'll be able to get out there but it all depends on how the season goes. I'm waiting for my info packet to come from Susan G Komen. and then I'll be more informed about things.

Okay....off to do something. I have a ton of work I need to do but the kids have been keeping me busy today. I'll talk to you later.

Ya, I am having a happy hump day, although I am at work and a tad bored right now, my next Px dosn't come for 1/2 hour... so I'm playing here on my puter. hee,he:tt2:

How are you and Jeff getting along? Did things sort them selves out? Last I heard you wern't sleeping with him:angry: bet that showed him huh???

You got a great deal on your trip to vegas!!! Have a blast, go to the fortune teller at O'darby's (its on the main drag, not far from Imperial Palace on the same side of the street) O'darby's (irish name or something like it) has a food COURT there too where you can get quick food from CHinese, Mexican, pizza, burgers, chicken etc... realatively cheap... Also a great restaurant to go to is "Batista's Hole in the Wall".... right on the side street, directly across from Ballys... Janet and I went there for dinner and it was great!

Ugh, I can't wait for this winter to be over, I am sitting here scratching my hands... excema from the dryness and cold.... :confused: oh how I hate Winter Itch!!!

Hey for any of you gals past menopause, how many of you take replacement hormones???? I am just curious as my G.P. Dr. wants me to come off them and I dont' want to go back to the night sweats, moods & no sex drive.... any thoughts out there????

:lol:

Hey Janet, glad you are o.k. and just keeping busy with work. Is there still a lot of work to be done on your Bro's estate?Gosh, life is so complicated sometimes. (HUGS) Don't you dare get Phyl's cold.... you need to stay in tip top shape for when you go away on your cruise. I've forgotten, where are you sailing to? ALaska? or what?

Hey for any of you gals past menopause, how many of you take replacement hormones???? I am just curious as my G.P. Dr. wants me to come off them and I dont' want to go back to the night sweats, moods & no sex drive.... any thoughts out there????:confused:

I can't believe she's blaming me for her cold!!

:lol::confused::lol:

She better get over it by Monday!! Linda is coming!

I'm feeling a little better today and I went to Water aerobics!

And now I'm going to the dentist!

:eek::mad::mad:

Hormones..... I took them for 10 years.... I think my doctor started me WAY too early. Then I got nervous about taking them and asked to go off. And I've been on Evista ever since. It's a synthetic and works for me. But I have to tell you, never had any of those miserable symptoms most gals have. I think I'm the only one of us four sisters who managed to escape hot flashes! My sisters hate me for that.

12_5_24.gif

Ya, I am having a happy hump day, although I am at work and a tad bored right now, my next Px dosn't come for 1/2 hour... so I'm playing here on my puter. hee,he:tt2:

How are you and Jeff getting along? Did things sort them selves out? Last I heard you wern't sleeping with him:angry: bet that showed him huh???

You got a great deal on your trip to vegas!!! Have a blast, go to the fortune teller at O'darby's (its on the main drag, not far from Imperial Palace on the same side of the street) O'darby's (irish name or something like it) has a food COURT there too where you can get quick food from CHinese, Mexican, pizza, burgers, chicken etc... realatively cheap... Also a great restaurant to go to is "Batista's Hole in the Wall".... right on the side street, directly across from Ballys... Janet and I went there for dinner and it was great!

Ugh, I can't wait for this winter to be over, I am sitting here scratching my hands... excema from the dryness and cold.... :confused: oh how I hate Winter Itch!!!

Hey for any of you gals past menopause, how many of you take replacement hormones???? I am just curious as my G.P. Dr. wants me to come off them and I dont' want to go back to the night sweats, moods & no sex drive.... any thoughts out there????

:lol:

I think it may be allergies - I don't know what it is - I have a headache - and feel crappy - feel like I am coming down with something - who knows if it's a cold or allergies (I have a problem with rag weed i think - when I lived in DHS close to Phyl's place - it really bugged me alot and really haven't had anything since)

Cruise is to Mexico (yes I know I have heard the news that innocent pple are getting caught up in the cross fire between the drug cartel and the cops - and so did Andrew last night - was surpired he had the t.v. on headline news - that was strange) My travel agent called this morning that she's putting my cruise packet in the mail today we discussed the issues in Mx - and think we will be ok - I'm not too worried about it - won't wear any jewerly when we go ashore and only take $100.. Mazatland (sp) Puerto Viarta and Cabo - I want to go zip lining in Mazatland or PV and I think we are going to swim w/the dolphins in Cabo... I will be gone the week of 3/22 - and heck I know they have computers on ship - but if I remember right it's like a $1 a minutes - so gang I love you - but I think you will all survie without me for a week - I rather spend that $$$ on a tee-shirt :0) - not really -the tours are really expensive especailly when you are paying for all 3 - but heck it's only $$ it's 18th bday and graduation rolled into one - we will have great memories...

No I don't have to take hormones - I am very fortunate - I really don't have any sysptoms - well I have no sex drive but heck I don't have a guy so I don't need one - and I don't want a guy so I don't want a sex drive - I think I used up all that hormone when I was 20 30 40 - it's gone and I don't miss it - I enjoyed it when I had it - and some would say I enjoyed it too much...

IMHO I wouldn't take hormones if I didn't have to - what I have read has scared me

I can't believe she's blaming me for her cold!!

:mad::confused::eek:

She better get over it by Monday!! Linda is coming!

I'm feeling a little better today and I went to Water aerobics!

And now I'm going to the dentist!

:mad::mad::mad:

Hormones..... I took them for 10 years.... I think my doctor started me WAY too early. Then I got nervous about taking them and asked to go off. And I've been on Evista ever since. It's a synthetic and works for me. But I have to tell you, never had any of those miserable symptoms most gals have. I think I'm the only one of us four sisters who managed to escape hot flashes! My sisters hate me for that.

12_5_24.gif

:lol::lol: LMAO:lol::eek: Knew that would get you !!!!! I haven't decided if I am going to the gym tonight or not - So far I have talked myself out of it - may run by the store get some chicken veggies tatoes and make some soup.. and vegge in front of the t.v. -

I will be here (work) all by myself tomorrow as both the other girls I work with will be out and it will just be me and my boss - I will get all the phone calls !!!

Linda is coming down there? I am SOOOOO jealous. You all keep getting together and I'm not involved. And yes, Janet had better get better quick. She doesn't need any more stress.

I tried to call my doc and get in about my back but can't get in to see him until the 27th. I wanted to make sure that I won't hurt myself if I sign up for the 3day. I hope he gives me the go ahead but I want to be safe. His and my schedules just don't mesh. He's here this next week but I'm not, then I'm here but he's not. Very frustrating. I did ask for him to refill my scripts but I don't know if he's going to do it. We'll see. I am going to go back to the chiro tomorrow or the next day. Another accupuncture treatment to hopefully stave off anything too bad until then.

Okay...gotta get and do something. Spent too much of the day doing a bunch of nothing.

Will talk to you later ladies. happy hump day!