Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

the countertop just arrived!! Yeah!!!! It looks good to. I'm so excited, I just want them to finish the job now.

Well, I have to sign off now. Got to go to the Karate show!

Hey all!! I got back yesterday, but after a long day of travelin I was very tired. I feel good, just sore and bloated. I have been walking which definantly helps. I started to have some dirrehea (sp) today. I would think that is normal since I am only putting liquids in my body. I had a great experience/ I loved Dr. Arturo Rodriquez. The hotel I stayed in was a 5 star place. It was very nice to be treated great when you feel kinda crappy!! :0) I did have the hiccups last night. I nver used to get the hiccups. Wonder if I drank tooo quickly??

Lynette, so sorry to hear about your pancake experience, but it is all part of a learning experience. you are making great progress on your weight loss. Did you have to clean your incisions or just shower normally and let them airdry!!

Danny, It looks as if my expereince was as positive as yours. The only hard part was the loooooonnnnngggggg walk at the Houston airport. I finally gave in and used a wheelchair.

Thanks for you all for you support and advice!! Off to eat some Jello and drink some juice!

Good Morning all.

Welcome ms925, tenille, and kcorbin. We have a great support group here, so jump on in and enjoy the fun. We get a little crazy at times, but it makes the time fly by faster when you have others that are so excited for you and your Banding date.

Tinkerbell, glad you're doing so well. It will just keep getting better every day!!

Lindaa, great job, down 7 more lbs. Isn't it a great feeling seeing the scale go down!!!

Kathybad, sounds like the kitchen is coming along well. Can't wait to see some new pics. Have fun at the Karate thing today!!

dmtjet, I hear you on the obgyn thing. I have to make an appointment for my first mammagram, and soon, but wanted to wait until after I was healed in that area. I have to go to the dentist this month too, and my son has his first dentist appointment. Kinda glad to have that extra week off as we'll probably have Dr. appointments ALL week.

My son has been wanting to go to Chuck E. cheese (a fun pizza place for kids to play games, etc. for those who have never heard of it) so I'm going to pick up my niece and nephew and take them along with us. I can just see my son getting up in these large tubes that kids can crawl around in and when I say it's time to go, he won't come down. I sure can't get up there and get him, so my niece and mephew will come in handy, plus they just love to go anywhere with us!!

Mornin Gladster, and welcome back.

You can get to the recipe thread if you scroll down to the bottom of your page where it says forem jump. Click on July 07 Bandsters. Under there is a bunch of threads. It will e listed under Lucky 7's recipes.< /p>

About showering, I only rubbed lightly with my shower puff over the incisions, and air dryed. I still had the strips on when I went back to the Dr. this week. I didn't "clean" them well at all, just a light rub over them, and then I rinsed.

Everyone have a good day. I'm heading out in just a little bit and I have to get showering.

I'll check back in later.

Hi All, I am welcoming myself to the Lucky 7's group! Hope thats ok!! I am getting banded on 7/26 - Does this make Sunshine have a twin, triplet, quad???!

I was looking through some of your all's older posts and caught something about showering. Giant question. I am traveling by plane on Aug. 1st. Please tell me I will be showering? I never even thought of that. Oh my - I must shower prior to the 1st! My pre-op visit with the Dr. is the 24th. I guess we will discuss it - What do you who have gone before know? Thanks! C

Good Morning to all the Lucky Sevens!

I was banded on July 10th. I am too welcoming myself to this group. I have been reading the threads for awhile. Showering was an interest to me as well, before the surgery. I showered right after and had tape covering my incisions. I now have no tape, but one of my incisions is a bit leaky. Anyone have that? It is the large incision. I would appreciate any feedback. Have a great day! It's Friday! -

Princess Willow :rolleyes:

New CC: Where are you going? I was allowed to shower in the hospital the morning after my 6 pm surgery. Kinda hard since I still had an IV, but I got 'er done--sorta. At least my hair was clean--can't go a day without that!

Lindaa, I am heading to NYC. It is almost a 4 hour flight. My husband and one son are going also (I will need help with overhead bin!). Sooooo relieved that you could shower right away! I must have read too many plastic surgery stories - I guess they are the ones who have to wait so long! Thanks, C

Hello all ....

Sorry I dropped out for awhile. All has been going very well. It's really hard to keep up with this post !!!

Welcome to all the new Lucky 7's.

Best wishes to all the recent banders !!!! And all the upcoming banders !!!!

The diet has been going well, progressed from Clear Liquids x1 week to mushies x1 week and starting next is soft solids. So far...no problems with eating. No "pb". It's totally amazing how full you feel after eating only 4 oz. !!!! This &^*@ really works !!!!! woo hoo .........

I just got my treadmill fixed yesterday....(could you believe it broke 2 weeks ago!) So today I will start my daily routine on that. Can't wait to get back to my Turbo Jam tapes !!!

Best of all.....according to my scale at home....I am down 20 lbs !!!!!! I FEEL GREAT !! It's amazing how only 20 lbs can make such a difference in how you feel physically. My knees feel so much better.

Ok...so enough about me.....

thanks for listening (reading) !!!!!

God bless. Snag :whoo:

MsPris, I am so sorry about your experience! And so glad to see you have such a positive attitude, as Lindaa said, what an inspiration. I will keep you in my prayers.

Last night I started to have a slight panic attach. I touched my tummy and started feeling sorry for it, because it will be al scared up and sore. And I will never be able to say " I have never had surgery" every again. It started feeling like having the band will be a constant reminder of my failure, lack of will power, laziness. Anyway, I am feeling better today. But I can't help looking at all the slim people out there and thinking " How do they do it? " and " How come I am the fat one? Why do I have to go thru life in such misery? Why do I have to insert an object in my stomach? Why can't I just not eat, and be naturally slim? Oh, it can get very frustating. Maybe it's just the hunger talking. :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to hearing from all who have been banded today! One week to go for me!!!:whoo:

Hello everyone!

I got my new band.....the AP small band on July 5th in San Jose, Costa Rica

at Clinica Biblica Hospital by my original surgeon, Dr. Carlos Quesada Ramirez.

I feel great and have been able to eat foods by using my handy dandy food processor! Comes out like baby food but tastes better! So glad to be off the liquid phase! I am SO glad to have the band back!!!

Good Luck to all of us!

Patricia :rolleyes: