Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi everyone. Just had to come and post!! I just went to the doctor for my pre op physical and he cleared me for surgery Monday. That cold thing is about gone and he says he seen no drainage in the back of my throat and my sinuses look great. Chest and everything was clear. He did tell me though that I am a little dehydrated. I thought a minute and then told him I was still taking my diuretic and he said stop because that could be what is causing it and to make sure I am drink LOTS of Water and fluids. I told him my tongue has been feeling really thick and he said that would be from dehydration and my temp (he said not really a temp) was 100 but that could also be attributed to being dehydrated. Came home and I have been drinking lots and lots of water to rehydrate. I am soooooo happy that I am still on for Monday.

:whoo::whoo::whoo: I am still gonna be a Lucky # 7!!!

We can hear your excitement! Good for you! :) That's right, drink all you can. You know what I thought about? This weekend is going to be our last band-free weekend. Wow.

Hi Chim

I'm doing great, How are you? By the way I love your new pic, you are such a pretty lady!!!!!!

I'm getting ready to see what I can throw together for dinner, be back on later

Patti C. and Lynette, Man, oh man!!!!! You two did have quite a scare!!!! Worries me!!! We will have to all be VERY careful!!!!

Hope you are feeling better!

I went to both Docs today! Told I can go to the chiropractor for my back as early as today, but no time today! Also, lost 12 pounds since starting this process! Was taken off of one of my meds that affects my blood pressure, because for once in my life ... my blood pressure was too low on repetitive tries! Fine in the morning at my 9:30 appt., but too low 100/50 in my PM appt. So all in all, all went well!!!!

Dini, Falling down the stairs!!!! Gee, everyone is having problems!!! Please be careful!!! I am sorry you fell, but so glad that Annafrencesca is okay!!!!

I am sorry to hear so many of our friends are having trouble today. Lynette, what a scare! I will learn from your experience and steer clear from pancakes. Do hope you are feeling much better.

I am still hungry but trying to hang in there. I haven't cheated, when I can't take it anymore I eat a piece of string cheese. Tonight will be hard because it's ladies game night and lots of food and chocolate will be around, but I will be strong and hold on to my glass of Water.

The lady from the clinic called wanting to know why I chose the 27th to have my surgery. I asked if there was a problem and she said no, she just needed to write it down.So I told her it's the beginning of my vacation ( I teach summer school until the 26th) and she seemed satisfied. I tought that was a little weird, like why does it matter?

Oh, I was just way too tired to work out this afternoon, and will be going to game night so no working out for me tonight either. I hope I don't get a blood clot otherwise I will be blaming this.

Good luck to all being banded tomorrow!!!!

Hello to all my dear friends here in Lap Band Land. My day has been much better. No more pain. I have just stuck to liquids and Jello today and think maybe I have passed this test. I know I sure learned alot last night and I sure am going to think alot before I eat anything new, especially runny mashed potatoes or pancakes.

I did have good news today. I had been taking 2 blood pressure medicines a day up until surgery day, July 12th. My doctor told me to try taking only one since my pressure had been so good in the hospital. So since then I have only taken one. I went to local doctor today and had it taken. It was 130 over 68. WOW! That was great. So I think that is working. I will still keep taking one though. I also took a pill for diabetes and have not taken it. Praise the Lord, my blood counts are running from 78 to 110. That is great too. Already off of two medicines. Don't let anyone even try to tell me I did the wrong thing!

A little scare was probably a good thing. I am much more aware of what I eat and Lynette I thank you for sharing you experience. Now we know one more thing that we just have to be warry of. We are strong women and man, and we will survive all of our trials. Hang tough everyone, and good luck to all.

Patti C

My surgery is tomorrow and i think I am starting to freak out!!! LoL How did everyone feel when they came out of recovery? Or the first night?

nurse76, I'm here. Took a long nap with my son after I got home from having my car worked on.

And I am feeling a little better, but I'm still just shaking my head in disbelief that I did this.

Realize I did not do this on purpose, I didn't go out thinking I was going to have bread, and even when I ordered I didn't realize what I was doing. It wasn't until afterwards that I realized what I had ate, and what was happening with the swelling.

I wasn't trying to cheat. I just screwed up. After all the classes, seminars, and appointments. When I ordered I was in my Lapband frame of mind. Even asked since I had bariatric surgery could I order off the childrens menu. When I was eating, I ate vey small bites, and chewed until well liquified. But the whole time I was sitting there eating my pancake, nothing snapped in my head. I wasn't telling myself things like I was going to pay for it later, or I shouldn't be eating this.

I felt inside my guidelines even though I absolutley wasn't.

It's just not as easy going out to dinner, especially when you are not used to ordering the correct things. Needless to say it will be a long time before I go out and eat again, just because I know I caused so much panick in myself with this. And I'm sure I will definitely be more aware as I'm ordering when I'm out now. Sticking to Soup is always my best bet, even when on mushies.

kristin07, good luck tomorrow. When I came to, I got sick from the anethestic, always do, but then I felt great from that moment on.

I didn't stay all night.

You'll go great. Come back and see us when you're up to it.

Hey everyone

I just want to check in and say Hi! I have about 100 items to be ironed and my house is a disgraceful. I honestly taught i'd come home from work and Adam would have done something. guess what......... he didn't!!!

Lynette stop beating yourself up, Chimboree how you doing? Momma and Aunty Phyl and Aunty Sunny hope you are well. I totally forgot I love your pics aunty phyl.

sorry to be boring but this house isn't going to clean itself. Big kiss to all. best of luck for everyone tomorrow xx

Good Luck to everyone deck tomorrow, Kristin07, distant0098, Janiee, and Garmmarocquette. You'll be in our prayers.

Yesterday, I went to GNC to get some Protein drinks. Well, I got Isopure and Muscle Milk. Both are wonderful and are definitely my Protein Drinks of choice. No doubt about it. I'm in love w/Muscle Milk. I had the chocolate Mint flavor!!! It was sooooo good. I had to keep checking the label to make sure this really was one of my recommended drinks.< /p>

Anyhow, I told the guy at the register I was having wt loss surgery. Well, he asked, "Gastric Bypass?" I said, "No way, LapBand. GB is too drastic". Blank stare. He tried to tell me which of the 2 was better for wt loss...sorry, but I think my dietician knows what she's talking about...anyhow, he had this attitude like he thought I was taking the easy way out, unlike him who 'worked' for his body. It was written all over his face. Whatever.

You just wait until I lose some wt. I will make it a point to go back in there and he'll see. I will be fit, healthy, and strong. Jerk.

Just wanted to share...

Chim, what a jerk. I made a similar trip to our GNC and I was searching for unflavored powder. Everyone kept saying they got theirs there. So I go in and he says GNC doesn't make one. OK, then what other brands do you have? So he shows me one and I say no, I can't use it. I need an isolate powder. He says why??? Because I do, and I wasn't going any farther than that. He tried to sell me some other Any whey product that was concentrated. I told him I'd look elsewhere and left.

So I just went for my first walk with my wrist weights. Wow, what a diference. They are only 1 lb, but after 20 minutes, my arms were tired. Hope they help trim down my arms. Very flabby at the top.

on my walk I had my first of what I'd guess was a productive burp, PB.

I didn't force it or anything, but a little Water came up with it. No food, so I'm not sure it it was sliming or a PB, but it happened. I have a little burning sensation, so I drank a little milk, and it's pretty much gone.

I'm ready to have this day over, and hopefully start fresh tomorrow.