Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I had to tell you all about the dream I had last night. First off, for those who didnt get a chance to read my previous thread, I started my clear liquid 2 week pre op diet last Monday. Everything has been fine and I haven't really 'craved' anything or struggled. I have been satisfied with what I am taking in.

Ok, so last night I was dreaming that my husband and I went to this pizza place to order out pizza to bring home. This place has pizza, chicken, chinese, fudge and ice cream. Anyway, they had this what they called bear claw pizza that had 28 slices of pizza in it. HUGE PIZZA!!! DH told me we should just order one of those. He went to look at something else and I ordered one of those plus 3 other large pizza's, an order of family size chicken, some general chicken and fudge. The stuff comes and my bill is $189.00. :hungry:

After I pay for this I start eating bits of everything. As I am dreaming this I kept thinking (while sleeping) 'You are on Clear Liquids stop eating or you won't be able to have surgery. :omg: My God look how much I am eating.' and I was totaly freaking out. LOL Is that crazy or what?!?! I just had to tell everyone about it because I thought it was hilarious.

On the flip though I am doing fine with the liquids. I haven't eaten..........just dreamt about it. HAHA :):rofl:

My surgery is this Tuesday - here I was so excited to have it so quickly, but now am having a hard time sleeping at night because I'm getting so nervous! Tonight is the last night I'll sleep in my bed before leaving for surgery...just getting awfully real. Thanks for letting me vent!

Hang in there. I haven't lost sleep but I am very anxious. I've had 3 surgeries before so one would think I'd be an old hand at this but the nervousness I think will always be there.

Did your doctor give you some relaxation medication? I have panic attacks and that helps me calm down when I start to feel really anxious about the operation. I was told to take 1 pill with a sip of Water when I wake before leaving for the hospital on Wednesday.

Bobbets Mom -- I am sorry to hear about your doctor. That is terrible. I would put it in writing and give it to him. It may make it easier than speaking outright to him. This way you have all your thoughts on paper and aren't flustered by his rebuttals. If possible I would see if he would refund the portion you paid for fills if you can't work it out. I would go to lapband.com and enter your zip and see if you can find a different doctor. Some doctors will treat other doctor's patients after reviewing medical records and they are comfortable with the patient's condition and the surgeon's skills.

unruhlyhd -- hang in there you can do it. Think of the long term goal versus short term I spoke with someone I work with who was banded in May she said she did not use pain medication once after her surgery. She said she could have gone back to work two days after her surgery.

I only have 5 days until my surgery. Can't wait. I went through nerves but I think what helped me was I attended another seminar given by my doctor and also watched the internet site about the lap band they gave me. Between these two it confirmed my decision and I have not worried at all about it or complying. I feel that if I can't make it through the liquid preop and post of how successful can I expect to be with the band. Not listening to my body and doctor is what got me here so I am trying a new attitude because the old one didn't work.

Sorry to be so long. Good luck. Look forward to hearing from you post surgery.

Wow, the boards move so fast. I can't keep up. (And I check in 2-3 times a day).

Good luck to all those soon to be banders, and I'm right there with all those who have just recently been banded.

My shoulders are still killing me, with no relief in site. I've taken gas-x, I've walked, nothing helps. The only time I feel better is when I lay on my side. (on my shoulder.) How long does this usually last?!

Oh wow, I just got a case of the hiccups as I typed this, and wow, that hurts.

Well I start back to work tomorrow, which I'm a bit nervous about. But kinda ready to get back into civilization.

Well I will check back in later!

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to all my other Lucky 7's!

~*Ash*~

Good Morning All,

Yes it's noon, and I'm finally up. It's summer, and I'm a night owl.

I only have two or three more weeks till I have to get up at 5:30 everyday. :)

dmtjet - Ann Wilson from Heart also has a Lap band.

Cazulay - I think you asked about the scale I bought. It is a Health O Meter from Walmart. You can program up to 4 people in it. Starting weight and height and it calculates losses or gains. It also does body fat, but the number is wrong cause it also does something with how hydrated you are. I like it so far.

dieka32 - OMG Wow! Glad your feeling better.

ReneeMarie- I'm also nesting. I actually mopped the whole downstairs yesterday, and I don't mop!!!!!

tnavarro5 - Welcome, and your doing great.

About telling - So far I have told my family and the people who I work with at school. About my camping buddies, their not fat so that's a different story. The last time we went camping some chick comes sit by our fire and proceeds to tell us how she's now eating protien at every meal and counting carbs. I'm like I stave, and I can't lose weight. And their like you have to eat. And I'm like, I've 44, been fat forever, tried everything and I NEVER FREAKIN THOUGHT OF THAT!!! I am so glad you told what I need to do. She speaks for about 30mins. about what her skinny ass does to keep off her extra 15lbs she put on.

So I have decided to tell camping buddies. I am counting carbs, I eat protien at every meal, and about 800 calories a day. I know they sure and the hell couldn't live like that so let them wonder. :biggrin1:

jackie and mango, you both have me rolling right now. It's funny because wheneve I stat laughing at the computer, my DH thinks he's missing something good. He wouldn't understand anyway.

crazulay I am also on preop diet day 3. I feel nauseous sometimes and get bursts of hunger. What is your surgery date? I saw someone said they went to the grocery store. I send my dh. Yesterday I did attend a movie theater and stayed on track. I find myself getting headaches some. Has anyone experienced this?

Also to those who have been banded? Could you please reply as to what side of your body your port was placed? Thank you.

Hello Ribearty,

My port is actually placed in my chest, on the left side, you can't see it just by looking but it is very easy to feel it, I have had no port pain whatsoever.

Good luck to ya

Icy breeze, what are you using now? I use the Body Fortress from Walmart. I take 2oz skim milk, 1 scoop powder, add ice and blend. But I've been making up my own concoctions that include, Peanut Butter, bananas and peanutbutter, blueberries, raspberries, bleuberries and raspberies, cinnamon and splenda. The skys the limit, possible ingrediens are endless, just add whatever you like into the Protein Powder and milk. I look forward to my shakes everyday, and I keep trying new things. The vanilla is creamy, the chocolate is a bit gritty, so when I use the chocolate, I only use 1/2 scoop and use a 1/2 scoop of vanilla for my full scoop. Hope this helps, but I've never used my unflavored Protein powder for my shakes because the vanilla makes it so creamy!!!

I just got back from wal-mart and bought the body fortress chocolate, mixed it with skim milk and I love it, had it for lunch. I would definately recommend this brand.

great minds think alike Lynette!!

Wow your sure do miss alot when you stay away for a bit. Hi Lynette, how are you, I am having a much better day today. I tried to eat some eggs this morning, and I am having a little bit of problems eating the soft/mushy foods today so I am going back on liquids for the day. Maybe all those refried Beans I have been eating were a bit much to start off with, but man they were good. I finally managed to get all 64oz of liquids in HURRAY!!!!! So I took Lynettes advice and got out of the house today and walked, what a difference, I think I have been getting cabin fever. All of my family have gone to the river the past two days, I have opted not to go since my wounds are still healing and I don't think river Water would be a good idea for them, but anyways I have been home alone and sitting around thinking about food. But I went to work last night and got out of the house, and I went shopping at Wal-mart today for some Protein and other stuff I can put in the blender, and I feel much better.

To all of you that are being banded in the morning, GOOD LUCK, you are in my prayers and I know you will do great!!!

Ribearty, My port is on my left side. I suppose if I were a ship I'd find that appropriate. :)

Lynnette, I'm so going to have to try your shake methods. Sounds like you're loving them!

Ash, hang in there! I have had so many aches and pains that I can hardly tell one from the next, but they do get better. My shoulders were killing me yesterday, but then had a mysterious burst of gas relief (sorry!) last night, and feeling a little better today. I tried the gas-x, but it didn't seem to make a diff for me. I'm still having lots discomfort in my chest tho. :cry

I'm starting back to work tomorrow too, and also very nervous about this. I find myself lacking energy and needing to lie down throughout the day. Anyone gone back to work after a week and survived? Any tips?

Ribearty, My port is on my left side. I suppose if I were a ship I'd find that appropriate. :)

Lynnette, I'm so going to have to try your shake methods. Sounds like you're loving them!

Ash, hang in there! I have had so many aches and pains that I can hardly tell one from the next, but they do get better. My shoulders were killing me yesterday, but then had a mysterious burst of gas relief (sorry!) last night, and feeling a little better today. I tried the gas-x, but it didn't seem to make a diff for me. I'm still having lots discomfort in my chest tho. :cry

I'm starting back to work tomorrow too, and also very nervous about this. I find myself lacking energy and needing to lie down throughout the day. Anyone gone back to work after a week and survived? Any tips?

Hi Icy,

I actually waited 2 weeks before going back, but I am a nurse and my doc told me to wait since I would be on my feet a lot. Last night was my first night back, pretty slow night so I did not get to worn out. I work nights and since the surgery I have been sleeping during the day and up at night, so I did not get too tired.

Good luck on your first day back, if you get too tired you may want to do half days, if possible.

When I was typing my previous post my DH was looking so I had to explain to him what this was. I told him he will have to post ya'll a message if something happens to me. So he says, "I can't do that, you type up a letter in case you die, and I'll post it." I tell you that man loves me!!!! Is that sweet or what?

Question - I have a 2 story house with my bed upstairs. How long do you think it will be before I can make it up the stairs after surgery?

Wrangler - I also have Panic Attacks, been on med. for 16yrs. My major fear is the anesthesia, I am praying I don't flip out.

Thank you to all who responded to my last post,

Patty C, Trust me It's hard not to stand up and kick him in the BALL'S!

Kathybad, Un fortunatly I have had the Pleasure of meeting his ASSistant...who dose the fills and closes his patients after surgery.( the 10 minutes we spent bantering the placement of the incisions vrs My bra possably cutting into them was quite entertaning for the OR staff! He said "YOU CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET" I told him He obvously dose not respect the patients point of view who arms themselves with good REAL life expireences hoping to aviod bad ones!) JERK!!

BTW my port incision is centered 1" below my bra and one other insision is at my bra line!

Lynette, I paid $7.400.44 my insurance paid the rest.

Ribearty, Good sugestion I plan to interview them. there are 2 that share an office on the other side of town. I only wish I had interviewed them also, MY BAD :embarassed: STUPID! STUPID!:cry

You guys are great! This has been the best part of this whole expierience for me!

Frankly I think Doctors are fairly intimidated with the support system we Bandies have in relation to comparing our expieriences with one and another!

I wont hesitate to tell the Truth about my Banding expierience with anyone who asks in my town!

Hey all my fellow LUCKY 7's!

I feel really good today. I only had to take one toradol yesterday and that was at bedtime. I slept for 8 hours so I feel like I'm caught up on sleep. My only problem today was I felt like my belly grew exponentially after drinking Water, a little juice and some Jello this morning (over the course of 3 hours). I literally saw the difference in size! I know I'm not overdoing it because I don't have the overfull feeling and no pain, so I guess I'm just chalking it up to the gas and popping more Gas-X. Anyone else had this?

I'm relieved to see other people have reported an increase in weight 1-2 days post-op because I'm up about one pound. I'm not weighing again for 3-4 more days.

As a (belated) introduction: My name is Karla and I live in Northern California about an hour from San Francisco. I just turned 34 and am a single mom of a beautiful 8 year old boy. I am a RN working in critical care. I have been overweight since I was a teenager except for a period of 2 years in my early 20's when I lost 110 pounds on my own. My biggest issues with food are Portion Control and losing control when I feel deprived. That is why I chose the band because I believe I have to address these issues in order to be successful. I am so relieved to have the band now and hope everyone else is feeling good, both pre & post-operatively. Have a good day everyone!:)