Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's for breakfast?

I don't have time for making eggs, so every morning is the same...protein shake so I get my Protein intake in the morning :)

coffee. Um.....as much of it as I can get ;)

Right now, pre op, I have a Protein shake every morning made with : 8 oz soymilk, 2 scoops Protein powder and one 6 oz container of Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt, comes out to about 27 grams of Protein and 9 grams of sugar. Plus it counts towards my liquid intake and with the yogurt, I can switch the taste up with the flavor of yogurt I use.

that's a lot of sugar. I was thinking about posting how I see people eating yogurt that I know has a lot of sugar in it. I personally eat the light and fit carb and sugar smart yogurt which has less than 1g of sugar. Im just thinking that its imperative that you get the sugar out of your diet before the surgery, don't just limit it, the old, everything in moderation bit is a bunch of bull, we are obese we are fat yes I say it not in anger or hate but to remind myself why im doing this, I use it as motivation, take it to heart I love you all, and lets face it, if youre not one of us you will never truly understand us or the pain we hide, some deeper than others, and some rationalize it more but I know we all have felt it.

Give yourself the best chance at success. It seems like the people here that are the most successful really do the work, and don't say well this is ok, or that's ok, its only little of this etc. I hate reading about people who fail or are obviously failing. Don't be one of those we can all do this, I believe that with my heart and soul. Sure im projecting my own fears, but hey nobodys perfect, but we damn sure have to try. :D

On Sundays, I hardboil a bunch of eggs and take one to work every day for Breakfast. I combine that with a Protein bar and coffee and then for a mid-morning snack I either have yogurt or cottage cheese.

On weekends, I have an egg over easy with one slice of multigrain toast. Sometimes I eat the whole slice of toast, sometimes not. And sometimes I make 2 eggs but usually don't eat all of both. Today I only made one egg and I'm good.

Reading all of these while I am in the middle of my 2 week pre-op diet Is not a good idea!., I am soooooo hungry!! I will definitely be trying some of these in a few months!!

I can't eat regular food yet but my friend who Had RNY eats smoked salmon with cream cheese rolled up at Breakfast (sometimes with capers or thinly sliced onion) I fell in love with it so I am looking Forward to having that for breakfast...lunch....ect!

I usually have greek yogurt or cottage cheese. For mid morning break I have some dried cranberries with cashews and almonds.

Typically I have coffee (regular, none of this Decaf stuff) with a scoop of vanilla body fortress in it. I also add SF Creamer and SF Torani Syrup. Then when I get to work at 9am I have a random Greek yogurt flavor. Today was strawberry parfait. So by 9:30 I have 41 grams of Protein in me.

mmm Peanut Butter in things: 1tbls in plain oatmeal mixed together or 1tbls in plain greek yogurt makes. i prefer the latter, more Protein

Edited by LL112

I love Breakfast...

I boil a dozen eggs in the beginning of the week to be ready.

Another quick option, scramble an egg in a mug, add some cheese, nuke for 30 seconds, add more cheese (if you wish), nuke another 20 minutes... it remains hot in the mug so you can take it to go :)

only one dirty dish

easy, hot, ready in a minute!

If I don't have anything, I go to McDonalds and have them do an Egg McMuffin, without the muffin and cheese in the middle (so it doesn't stick to wrapper)...

I usually have a cup of light Greek Yogurt (Dannon Light N Fit 80 calories) with sme low fat granola added in for crunch. Weekends we go out for breakfast and I usually have a splurge 2 eggs soft scrambled with some cheese in them and a slice of rye toast and some bacon Or I make a veggie omelete with broccoli, onions, peppers and spinach and cheese,

I saw somneone else in the thread post they add Cheerios to their yogurt. I may try that since they are low cal. Thanks for the tip! :)