Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded Who is in thier 20's

mimin,

do you plan to have anymore plastic surgery?

evilah

Evilah,

I am trying to be patient and let my body catch up however patience is not a virtue I have so probably yes. I would like to have a full body lift and and arm lift. I am saving my pennies and hope to do it this winter.

Mim

I have a pannis (is that the term?) and I haven't even had surgery and started losing weight yet. I wonder if it will shrink...? I'm also wary of having plastic surgery on my torso since I plan to have more children!

Evilah

I have a pannis (is that the term?) and I haven't even had surgery and started losing weight yet. I wonder if it will shrink...? I'm also wary of having plastic surgery on my torso since I plan to have more children!

Evilah

Yep it is. I have it aswell and although it did shrink significantly there is still loose skin in my abdomen that I dispise. I am not so sure I am going to have children so right now I haven't really thought from that angle. I do understand though, I don't think I'd want to go through all of it if I was planning on having a child and stretch it out again.

A lot of how your skin reacts after significant weight loss is how much you exercise and genetics. I exercise quite a bit but my genetics are terrible when it comes to skin elasticity:(

Exercise actually haas very little to do with your skin. Building muscle beneath the skin will make it look fuller, and not so saggy, but no amount of exercise will tone skin.

Genetics, age, duration of obesity, and where you carried the weight are really the only factors at play.

Exercise is no bad thing, but it will not make a scrap of difference as to how skin reacts to weight loss.

Exercise actually haas very little to do with your skin. Building muscle beneath the skin will make it look fuller, and not so saggy, but no amount of exercise will tone skin.

Genetics, age, duration of obesity, and where you carried the weight are really the only factors at play.

Exercise is no bad thing, but it will not make a scrap of difference as to how skin reacts to weight loss.

My doctor told me this exact same thing. I figure I'm going to need something done with my belly skin when I get to goal. That's where I carry most of my weight.

Hey there, i'm only 18 and to be banded on Wednesday May 23rd. WOOHOO!!!

I heard the younger you are the better your skin will be. I hope I hope.

AudreyG it is good to see you back here. Congrats on finding a way to pay for your surgery!

Hey thanks!

I am soo excited to get my surgery.

I'm very excited too, my mom paid for $5,000 but th eother $12,000 has been financed in my name which will be soooooo good on my credit. I am so excited! I'll let you know on Wednesday how things went!

Wish me luck!!

i got my date!!! I am being banded May 31st!!! I still need to lose 5 lbs before surgery less than 8 days away. Any suggestions for quick weightloss? Should I just go on and start a liquid diet? ?

:eek: I was banded on Dec 14th in DE and I was 20. Just turned 21 and can't be enjoying life anymore! Only 55 ish pounds to go!

I was banded at 22, 25 now.

I'm so excited. I'm not to goal yet, but I'm going to be a size 14 (haven't seen that in 10 years) in my wedding dress!

I posted this on another topic but thought it was appropriate here.

I woke up at 5:20 this morning and took a shoer...headed out to NWWLS. I got checked in and everything went fine I was very scared, I didn't cry though, which suprised me. My mom stayed wiht me up until the put me on the operating bed. Going under wasn't so bad. It was more scarey waking up. I felt like I couldn't breathe and felt like I was choking I IMMEDIATLY said "I NEED TO SIT UP" and they let me. I sipped soem Water but was sooo full after just a glass. I was home by Noon. I took a nice little nap and my best friend came to see me for a little while. He was so cute, first thing he said was "Can I touch you, I don't want to hurt you." I don't think he really understood how huge this was until he saw my insicions. I don't have much insicion pain yet just the shoulders are killing me. I have been taking gas x strips to try and cool that done, Other than that I have been walking outside and then laying down with a heating pas watching little miss sunshine =] I feel like I have great restriciton with just water and broth right now. I felt full after half a Protein Drink. That was so promising. It's a little hard to beelive that I ACTUALLY have this. I have waited for so long and victory tastes so much better than a cheeseburger. =]

All of the posts on thsi thread REALLY helped me. No one in my immediate family is as big as me and no one really gets it so to have support here really does make all the difference.

Thanks so much guys! Made one scared girl feel alot better!