Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery in Puerto Vallarta with Dr. Hidalgo

Dr. Hidalgo did my surgery at the CMQ Premiere Hospital, I paid $4500 and this included the surgery, tests, and even the hotel. his website is http://www.weightlossteam.com

Hi, can you give me some more info about this Dr. and the process.

I am interested as well about how the hotel compared to the pictures? Was it really nice? everything you expected? luxurious? I really want this part of things to be the least of my worries and don't want to be disappointed with the hotel and I'm kind of a brat about stuff like that.

Dr. Hidalgo is so great!  His staff answered all of my questions before surgery, and Dr. Hidalgo himself even called me before the surgery to see if I had any questions and to go over my medical history.  That was a nice touch.  When I arrived a driver met me at the airport and he took me to the Sunset Plaza.  Then he picked me up on the day of surgery and took me to the hospital.  At the hospital it took about 2 and a half hours for the tests to finish, and I met Dr. Hidalgo in person at the hospital when they were running the tests.  He is sooooo friendly.   He went over everything again, and then I went in for surgery.  The hospital is very clean and modern.  It is very very nice, much better than some of the hospitals we have here in Houston, but it is a small hospital, in reality that does not matter as you are having surgery and they took great care of me.  After surgery the nurses and Dr. Hidalgo checked in regularly and I was comfortable.  The nurses had me walking after surgery pretty quick.  Once I was discharged, Dr. Hidalgo came by the hotel in person to check on me, and he removed my drain and staples before I went home...  all in all it was a fantastic experience.  and much less than the other doctors in Puerto Vallarta. I loved the care that I received and Dr. Hidalgo is a life saver.

The hotel is fantastic, the service is top notch and the hotel is better than the pictures provided.  The staff at the hotel went above and beyond what they needed to do for me, they ran out of Jello in the deli and the concierge had the kitchen make more.  The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are great, and the ocean view is fantastic.  They also have wifi everywhere.  The hotel is a top 5 hotel on tripadvisor, and I use tripadvisor when I travel, and it met all of my expectations.

Hi Samw,

Thank you so much for the reply. I am encouraged by what I have seen and heard about Dr. Hidalogo.

Do you pay for your food/ nutritional needs (because it's really not much in the way of food) at the hotel or is that part of the package? Did you pack your favorite Protein Powder or other stuff or just rely on what they had available? Was there a telephone available for you to use?

Also, in terms of pre-op forms and paperwork; is it all in Spanish? It freaks me out to sign away my rights and not even know what it says!! Lol!

I am considering one other Dr. In PVR- Dr. Castaneda. He operates at the same hospital and is at least $1000 more in cost (which is not a concern for me at this point) I just want the best experience!!

Did you happen to look at him too? I wonder if it is higher because of the Medical Tourism corp. taking a cut?

Thanks again for taking the time to help me!

Christine

Rocky1,

Do you mind if I ask who you decided on? You seem very knowledgeable about the topic.

I did my research and there are no JCI accredited hospitals in Puerto Vallarta, only the CMQ Premiere was the only hospital that is applying for a similar type accreditation in Mexico and one of the reasons that I went with Dr. Hidalgo who was very very good.  I paid for my food at the hotel as it was not included in the package cost.  The hotel is very luxurious. I did not bring Protein with me as I was told that I was going to be on Clear Liquids and could start my protein once I got home.  I just used my cell phone to call home, I had no problems.  all of the forms I signed were in English and Dr. Hidalgo speaks very good English.  I looked into Dr. Castaneda, but he works out of Guadalajara and I did not want a doctor travelling in to do my surgery and then leaving.. I prefer to have a doctor who is in Puerto Vallarta full time like Dr. Hidalgo.

I can't tell you how thankful I am to have come across your post!!! You are wonderful!! Thank you so very much!

Well I admire your diligence and willingness to share your knowledge with others. Happy St. Patrick's day to you too :)

I was told specifically that Dr. Hidalgo is not affiliated with Dr. Armando Joya in any way. Dr. Armando Joya is very expensive, and when I spoke to the staff with Dr. Hidalgo they assured me there was no affiliation. The website that is linked above is a private medical tourism company that represents two of the main doctors in Puerto Vallarta and it clearly states that they are not affiliated in any way with Dr. Armando Joya. Anyway, I was so pleased with my results and care given to me by Dr. Hidalgo. You cant go wrong with him, he saved my life...

I was told specifically that Dr. Hidalgo is not affiliated with Dr. Armando Joya in any way. Dr. Armando Joya is very expensive, and when I spoke to the staff with Dr. Hidalgo they assured me there was no affiliation. The website that is linked above is a private medical tourism company that represents two of the main doctors in Puerto Vallarta and it clearly states that they are not affiliated in any way with Dr. Armando Joya. Anyway, I was so pleased with my results and care given to me by Dr. Hidalgo. You cant go wrong with him, he saved my life...

I'm seeing dr Joya :) hopefully he is a good dr