Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the November Sleevers?

Other than total cotton mouth because I can't have anything by mouth today, I am doing really well!!! Pain is very tolerable and I've been up and down to use the bathroom and rest my bottom from being on the bed.

Im happy everything went well!

Why can't you have anything by mouth today?

Also, is going to the bathroom hard after surgery? I'm nervous because I'm supposed or have my period during surgery and I'm scared the bending will hurt lol

Anyway! Keep us updated?

Sheena :-)

Hanging out at the hospital. Tonight is my second night post op. And at first I was not very excited about the 2 day required stay after surgery. But now that I'm here, I'm so glad it's required! If I had been allowed to go home I would be freaking out about all the unknowns im experiencing right now! It's crazy souse! Part of me hopes it continues for a few extra days.. We will see.

The most painful part of this, (yes gas pain sucks) but the worst! Is hiccups! Omg! Aparently they do not happen often in people but they sure are happening in me. Damn does this suck!!!

And no cure.

I hope your hiccups go away fast! That is so strange! I bet it hurts :-( hang in there and hopefully they will pass soon!

Keep us in the loop!

Sheena :-)

@@Dreamingofhealth

Drs orders is absolutely nothing by mouth, I can't even brush my teeth. The nurse said that he wants my belly to rest for the first day and doesn't want me to salivate too much.

I can have ice chips starting at 10am and they are doing to be the best I've chips ever!!!!!

Edited by becweaves

@@Dreamingofhealth

Going to the bathroom is not a problem at all! I have been up about 7-8 times today.

Hanging out at the hospital. Tonight is my second night post op. And at first I was not very excited about the 2 day required stay after surgery. But now that I'm here, I'm so glad it's required! If I had been allowed to go home I would be freaking out about all the unknowns im experiencing right now! It's crazy souse! Part of me hopes it continues for a few extra days.. We will see.

The most painful part of this, (yes gas pain sucks) but the worst! Is hiccups! Omg! Aparently they do not happen often in people but they sure are happening in me. Damn does this suck!!!

And no cure.

oh my god girl I am with you on this one. I guess hiccups and they hurt like no other. Take your time in the hospital. In my case it has been pretty ok until it was time to go home! I do not own a car so I call an über pick up and the driver as many times as I told him to take it easy, he would stop very hard or go thru a hole and my entire inside would hurt. Same thing with my sister, she decided to take me to her home which I'm glad Bcz everything still hurts, we took one little hole in the streets even when she mostly drove pretty good, and I cried until I got to her house.

Ditto with the hiccups - the worst!

Hey guys. I just started an Instagram account and I would love to see any of you that also had their gastric sleeve surgery this month! Mysleeveblessing follow me ! I love our support

Hey guys. I just started an Instagram account and I would love to see any of you that also had their gastric sleeve surgery this month! Mysleeveblessing follow me ! I love our support

Followed! ????

I am down 25lbs in 3 and a half weeks. I lost 9lbs on my pre-op and and 16lbs since my sleeve on 11/10. I am super excited about this journey.

@@ToccoraVSG That's awesome! I've lost 9 pounds so far and my surgery is on Monday! Getting so excited!! Not looking forward to the healing process, but very much looking forward to the new me!

Again, kudos!!

Nov 20 anybody? I had my sleeve yesterday nov 20

I hope you are doing ok. Had mine the 19th. Yesterday was a little rough but today seems better so far.

Surgery on the 19th

Today I am being discharged

No issues

Pain was low except on one part of my belly

No nausea or anything

Sooooo ready to go!!!!

Hi all, finally updating . . . I was sleeved on the 13th. I spent one night in the hospital. The first night and second day at home were horrible. I was nauseous and I couldn't handle the nausea medication. So, I didn't get fluids in like I should have. Tuesday morning I went to the ER and asked for IV fluids because I was dizzy whenever I stood up. ( JUDGEMENT CENTRAL- several nurses asked me "why did you do this? would you do it again?) Anyways, found out at the ER that my potassium was low and my EKG actually showed implications of a heart attack . . . they did lab for cardiac markers and they were positive. NOT GOOD. So, I ended up spending the night. Troponin went down and they let me go home the next day. Left there, went to the surgeon and had my drain removed. Now I don't want to see a doctor for a loooong time!

I feel better and I am so ready to be done with liquids. I still have another week of full liquids. On a bright note, I weighed today I am down 15 lbs. Awesomesauce!

Glad to see that everyone is doing well so far and the weight is coming off.

Hi all, finally updating . . . I was sleeved on the 13th. I spent one night in the hospital. The first night and second day at home were horrible. I was nauseous and I couldn't handle the nausea medication. So, I didn't get fluids in like I should have. Tuesday morning I went to the ER and asked for IV fluids because I was dizzy whenever I stood up. ( JUDGEMENT CENTRAL- several nurses asked me "why did you do this? would you do it again?) Anyways, found out at the ER that my potassium was low and my EKG actually showed implications of a heart attack . . . they did lab for cardiac markers and they were positive. NOT GOOD. So, I ended up spending the night. Troponin went down and they let me go home the next day. Left there, went to the surgeon and had my drain removed. Now I don't want to see a doctor for a loooong time!

I feel better and I am so ready to be done with liquids. I still have another week of full liquids. On a bright note, I weighed today I am down 15 lbs. Awesomesauce!

Glad to see that everyone is doing well so far and the weight is coming off.

Wow! That's so scary! I'm happy you are on the mend and starting to feel better!