Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Hi family. Sorry I haven't posted for a while. It's been a bitch of a last couple of weeks. Kaitie's accident was last Tuesday morning. Last Thursday night my 24-year-old nephew who is in the Army and home on leave before he's deployed to Iraq was driving home to my sister's house after being out with friends. There was a 15-year-old girl whose mother had hit a dog and stopped to check on it. The girl was out in the middle of the road kneeling over the dog when Chris came down the road. It was dark and a neighbor was in his lane with a flashlight pointed in his direction. Chris swerved into the oncoming lane to avoid hitting the neighbor and didn't see the girl with the dog. She (and the dog) were killed instantly. Very, very sad. Chris was not speeding, nor was he in any way impaired. There was just no avoiding what happened. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the facts. Now the Army has extended his leave so he can undergo some intensive counseling, plus they will send him for four more weeks when he gets back. They have also delayed his deployment indefinitely. So that was two weeks ago.

On top of everything else, Sean's working a lot again so we've had several fights about it. Needless to say, the stress level in our house has been through the roof. In fact, Sean's working right now and won't be home until probably 9:00 or so tonight. AARRGGHH!!!

So, now that I've vented, welcome to all the newbies! If I didn't scare you off, hopefully you'll stick around and be a part of our little family. And we love our Str8 folks! In fact, most of the time I forget who's Gay and and who's not (except for Pamela, who looks like a Lesbian - hehehe).

Hi family. Sorry I haven't posted for a while. It's been a bitch of a last couple of weeks. Kaitie's accident was last Tuesday morning. Last Thursday night my 24-year-old nephew who is in the Army and home on leave before he's deployed to Iraq was driving home to my sister's house after being out with friends. There was a 15-year-old girl whose mother had hit a dog and stopped to check on it. The girl was out in the middle of the road kneeling over the dog when Chris came down the road. It was dark and a neighbor was in his lane with a flashlight pointed in his direction. Chris swerved into the oncoming lane to avoid hitting the neighbor and didn't see the girl with the dog. She (and the dog) were killed instantly. Very, very sad. Chris was not speeding, nor was he in any way impaired. There was just no avoiding what happened. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the facts. Now the Army has extended his leave so he can undergo some intensive counseling, plus they will send him for four more weeks when he gets back. They have also delayed his deployment indefinitely. So that was two weeks ago.

On top of everything else, Sean's working a lot again so we've had several fights about it. Needless to say, the stress level in our house has been through the roof. In fact, Sean's working right now and won't be home until probably 9:00 or so tonight. AARRGGHH!!!

So, now that I've vented, welcome to all the newbies! If I didn't scare you off, hopefully you'll stick around and be a part of our little family. And we love our Str8 folks! In fact, most of the time I forget who's Gay and and who's not (except for Pamela, who looks like a Lesbian - hehehe).

WOW! Im so sorry hear all this. I can't imagine dealing with all that right now, or ever.

Eddie,

Who are you calling a lesbian? Me????? I am a conehead, not a lesbian, LOL! I am so sorry to hear about your nephew....just freaking tragic. About 10 years ago, this guy walked into my brothers car while he was driving and he killed this man (his family suspected it was suicide). My brother was devastated! He was counseling for a while, and is still haunted by it. I hope he will be okay.

Everyone else...what up????? Welcome to all the newbies

Eddie...

Hang in there. I can't even begin to imagine your nephew's pain--a tragedy all the way around.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Dana

Just discovered this thread and really glad to join. I have a big ol' rainbow family myself (will tell y'all about it later). Look forward to getting to know everyone. Eddie, dont know you but sorry to hear about your family problems...here's sending some positive energy your way. Thanks for starting this thread.

Wow, Eddie I am sorry to hear about these terrible events. I also hope this is only a small bump in the road for you and Sean. I wish you the best.

As for me, I am doing fine. I went to the doctor today and I lost more weight. He says I am doing fine and didn't give me a fill. He told me I need to focus more on exercise, which I plan on doing. I will keep ya'll posted.

Eddie, so sorry to hear about your nephew, your family is in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

:bump: We were at the bottom of the page, cant have that. lol

Anyway, Eddie sorry to hear about nephew, It seem like when it rains it pours, but you will make it through this. Believe me I know this too well, Sandy(my sweetie) has been in bed for the last two week's, she has 3 crushed vertibraies, and a pinched nerve. And then like you work sucks, I blew up at a few employees the other day so they are all pissed off at me, oh well if you don't like it leave.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

I am cooking for the family here at the house, I love to cook, so I enjoy doing it. We normally go out to the open desert and camp out but that is not going to happen this year, maybe I will get a day to go out and ride for a day.:cry

Ok enough crap about me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and enjoyable Thanksgiving.

I'm going to have a small group 10-12 people at my house for Thanksgiving. I bought the last of the groceries today.

I love cooking and I love entertaining. I'm very excitied at the prospect. I'm pretty sure I can keep my eating in line. Here's to hoping!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, mostly because I love to cook (and I'm damn good at it, which is why I needed this band!).I'm cooking for my husband and I and a few friends. Really low key.

I always loved to cook the whole works and then some! But, last year and this no one wants me to cook, actually, no one wants to help and now they all feel guilty about it , so the excuse is that I "work too hard and shouldn't have to do it" so we are all going out! actually, now we don't have room in the house anyway. My DW as a new plant addiction and has filled every inch , table, nook and crany with potted house plants. It's a freaking jungle! I mean, I love them too and had plenty already, but now......:faint: there are over 40 and many are huge. anyway, I'll probably have lobster:hungry: :whoo::biggrin1:.

This morning I hit onederland!!!! Woohooo!!!! FINALLY my fourth fill gave me some restriction and it's working! Oh yeah, and I've been working out like a madwoman, which helps, too. Anyway, I'm so ecstatic to be in the hundreds. The last time my weight began with a "1" was 3 years ago...I love this band.

Hey Peeps!

Happy Almost Thanksgiving! Susanne's parent are coming from Phoenix for the holiday! We will relax, eat, watch movies, take walks, eat, and relax some more. She'll be here Thursday about 7am. I am looking forward to it. This year we are off on Wed. before Turkey day! We never are. We have a 9am pedi appointment, then it is off to do the last minute shopping!

Have a great holiday everyone. If your traveling, be safe. Remember, it doesn't have to be about the food. It is really all about the many things we are thankful for!

Hey fam,

Sounds like everyone is gearing up for Thursday. Several years ago, my family of origin started rotating hosting Thanksgiving. This year we're at my sister's house (mother of the nephew involved in the accident) so all we have to do is make a couple of dishes and show up. No major cleanup! Yay! Of course, next year it's here at our house... :rolleyes

Lucy, congrats on reaching Onederland! That is totally awesome! I've been stress eating the last couple of weeks (can't imagine why) and I'm stuck, so I'm really happy for you - and a tad jealous, I admit.

Many thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers over the past week or so. I appreciate you guys so much, and can't imagine my life now without a single one of you in it. Hmm, something to be thankful for, huh?

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Turkey Day (well, except you Mark - since there's no Thanksgiving Down Under, you'll just have to have a happy Thursday :heh:).