Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Hi Beni,

Had surgery yesterday. Everything went well. I have a bad reaction to pain meds so lots of Benadryl for me. Everything has been ok except for the gas. It pushed up under my diaphragm and I could not even breath. I was crying so bad. Gas still there but everything else going well. Just ate a Popsicle.

Hallelujah for the popsicles. That's the first thing I'm asking for. Great job @@walkin'onsunshine

Hi Beni,

Had surgery yesterday. Everything went well. I have a bad reaction to pain meds so lots of Benadryl for me. Everything has been ok except for the gas. It pushed up under my diaphragm and I could not even breath. I was crying so bad. Gas still there but everything else going well. Just ate a Popsicle.

Hallelujah for the popsicles. That's the first thing I'm asking for. Great job @@walkin'onsunshine

Hi Beni,

The gas thing must of been so scary. What did they do for you? Did they put you on oxygen or something?

Getting ready to be discharged soon. Off the dilauded and using Vicodin my mouth. After three c sections and a gallbladder removal I really thought I had a larger pain tolerance. Gas is killer but I've been walking like crazy. Can't wait to get into a schedule at home. Good luck to the up and comings!! You won't regret it ????post-227578-14127936599517_thumb.jpg

@dc0520--You're looking great!! Good job on your walking, whoohoo!! I bet it'll be good to get home. :-)

Getting ready to be discharged soon. Off the dilauded and using Vicodin my mouth. After three c sections and a gallbladder removal I really thought I had a larger pain tolerance. Gas is killer but I've been walking like crazy. Can't wait to get into a schedule at home. Good luck to the up and comings!! You won't regret it ????attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1412793659.243492.jpg

wishing you a great recovery.

Hi Beni,

Oh no--that darn gas! I had a friend who said to get the gas x strips that dissolve in your mouth. I might grab some of those. Glad they got the bad reaction under control with Benadryl. Oh goodness! You'll be glad to get home I'm sure!!

Yayyy!!! We can be each other's support system!!! I'm excited and nervous but ready to start this new journey. When will you know for sure if you've been approved.

I was approved today but my date is gone so I'll be going in on the 21st I got the call this morning I go to see the doctor on Monday to get my time and stuff we can still be buddy's tho

Hey guys, so surgery didn't go as planned. My doctor had an emergency and left me waiting for him up until 10pm. He arrived and rescheduled me for oct 13th. I was upset but took it that it wasn't meant to be yesterday. I am now home and I am just moping around. Everyone who had surgery yesterday and today, I hope you guys are doing good.

I am so.... clever, figured out how to get hot pink lettering! ;)

misstvb and wlswarrior are going on the 8th and majones_orl on the 9th, layknee 13th, yoyonomore and smiley922 on the 14th and OnePhatWhoDat 15th. We'll get to the 20ths later.

Anyone else with dates in the single digits and teens in our little group is missed? How are you all getting ready for the big day? what prep, mental or otherwise have you all been doing?

I'm traveling to "Who Dat Land", aka Louisiana, this weekend, and grabbing my mother who is really coming up here to watch season 4 of Game of Thrones, and not to take care of me, as she says. I've created a GOT junkie! Ha! Ha! I've cleaned my house, shopped for "groceries", and started a pre-op diet of sorts. I have to lose 5 pounds before surgery, so...I'll be good while I'm in Louisiana. No food funerals. It still hasn't hit me yet because the process happened pretty fast. I am ready to look good again, feel good again, and get out and do the social activities I'd avoided once the weight started creeping on. I'm calm...for now. I've also ordered sample packs of all the Protein samples out there, and tried those; got my Vitamins, arranged for my dog to go to his girlfriend's house for a week, got the hospital bag packed...just waiting. One week and counting! Well wishes, speedy recovery, and awesome success to all who are on this journey! I'll check in again on the morning of the 15th. PEACE!!!

I have noticed my hair is already falling out in clumps, and I havent even had surgery yet. I could blame stress, menopause, whatever, but I have long thin hair and I am freaked. Been taking Biotin for a few weeks now, gonna end up in a wig, yikes.

I'm traveling to "Who Dat Land", aka Louisiana, this weekend, and grabbing my mother who is really coming up here to watch season 4 of Game of Thrones, and not to take care of me, as she says. I've created a GOT junkie! Ha! Ha! I've cleaned my house, shopped for "groceries", and started a pre-op diet of sorts. I have to lose 5 pounds before surgery, so...I'll be good while I'm in Louisiana. No food funerals. It still hasn't hit me yet because the process happened pretty fast. I am ready to look good again, feel good again, and get out and do the social activities I'd avoided once the weight started creeping on. I'm calm...for now. I've also ordered sample packs of all the Protein samples out there, and tried those; got my Vitamins, arranged for my dog to go to his girlfriend's house for a week, got the hospital bag packed...just waiting. One week and counting! Well wishes, speedy recovery, and awesome success to all who are on this journey! I'll check in again on the morning of the 15th. PEACE!!!

Hey I'm October 15th also. I'm a little nervous and for sure not as prepared as you. How are you dealing with the pre- surgery nerves???

I was approved today but my date is gone so I'll be going in on the 21st I got the call this morning I go to see the doctor on Monday to get my time and stuff we can still be buddy's tho

That's exciting!!! Let me know how Monday goes!

I had mine on Monday. I am recovering well at home. Lost 9.5 lbs since Monday morning. I know it's mostly fluids I've list but it's a start.

Why when I'm on the liquid diet every other commercial is food. Why would I possibly be craving little Caesars? Come one really little Caesars !!! I've slipped a couple of times. I went to the movies and had popcorn. And I ate 7 smoked almonds. I still stayed under 1000 calories but they want me at 800. I had to start giving away my Snacks so I won't eat them. I need to train my mind more because next week it's all clears. Pray for me.

5 more days. I'm going to will my liver to shrink.