Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Wow, I missed a bunch I'm doing better today than the last couple. I still have some nausea but it is slowly going away. I'm still waiting on that BM I'm supposed to have. It's hard watching people eat around you. 8 more days and I can move on to the purred stage. I finally lost my surgery Fluid gain, that's about it for now though. I'm just nervous I won't lose like I'm supposed to even if I'm doing what I'm supposed to. I guess the failure of the band is still in my mind. Sigh. I'm sorry I missed everyone's surgeries on the 6th and 7th, I hope you all are recovering well.

I am October 29th!

One more thing. I vented to some friends recently about my nausea and pain and got some weird horror stories. Like a friend who's mom had gastric bypass still has nausea with eating but said she looked good in some type of outfit so if it works for her type of thing. That is very discouraging. I'm for sure not going to complain about my surgery again to them. Sheesh.

Hi Beni,

Had surgery yesterday. Everything went well. I have a bad reaction to pain meds so lots of Benadryl for me. Everything has been ok except for the gas. It pushed up under my diaphragm and I could not even breath. I was crying so bad. Gas still there but everything else going well. Just ate a Popsicle.

Hey walkinonsunshine that diaphragm gas sounds horrible but Thankfully you made it through. Congrats on your surgery!

One more thing. I vented to some friends recently about my nausea and pain and got some weird horror stories. Like a friend who's mom had gastric bypass still has nausea with eating but said she looked good in some type of outfit so if it works for her type of thing. That is very discouraging. I'm for sure not going to complain about my surgery again to them. Sheesh.

Welcome back AuriP. Yes there's a negative story for every good one. I just keep focusing on your never given more than you can handle. This will be the longest surgery I've ever had 2 hrs and this time no twilight anesthesia. The anesthesiologist told me 5 mins after they give me the IV I'll be out until it's over and I hear the m calling my name. I don't like taking medicine but for this give me The MED's!!!

@AuriP--glad you popped in! I was wondering how you were doing. Are you still on pain meds? The nausea can be from that maybe? I'm sure it'll get better. Don't listen to those horror stories. Focus on how good you're going to look girl!!

Day 3 of liquids done. Only 11 more to go! :P

Tonight the rest of the family had tatertot casserole. Oh wow, that was a hard one!! I didn't take a bite though! If I give in once, I'll keep giving in, so it's not even a choice for me.

Got in 144oz of fluid--and 970 calories.

My doctor also said to bring GasX strips. And I have a 3:30pm surgery time. Boohoo, I have to fast all day. Can't they also give you phenergan or something for nausea? That's what I'm worried about. Getting sick and dehydrated and pulling stitches from my hiatal surgery he's going to do. I start my two week diet in the morning. No diet cokes- withdrawal city with headaches are sure to keep me company at work tomorrow. Water, water, and more water...

My surgery is at 1pm...ugh. I wish it was early in the morning. I know I am going to be stressing all day that day. I am also getting a hiatal hernia fixed at the same time as my bypass. I hope that won't add any additional recovery time.

Mine is at 2:30 and I can't have anything to eat or drink since midnight the night before. What am I supposed to do until 2:30 without even a sip of Water?

My doctor also said to bring GasX strips. And I have a 3:30pm surgery time. Boohoo, I have to fast all day. Can't they also give you phenergan or something for nausea? That's what I'm worried about. Getting sick and dehydrated and pulling stitches from my hiatal surgery he's going to do. I start my two week diet in the morning. No diet cokes- withdrawal city with headaches are sure to keep me company at work tomorrow. Water, Water, and more water...

I had a hiatal hernia repaired when I had my lap band surgery back in 2008 and honestly, it felt SO much better after surgery. I had a anti-nausea patch with one of my surgeries, it was AMAZING! they had tried 3 different meds and none worked, except the patch. They put it behind your ear. Hopefully you won't have bad withdraw from the diet cokes! I've only had 1 headache and I was drinking 2-4 cups of coffee a day. I'm drinking Decaf now.

I know what you mean! That is a long time to wait. Have they told you about any prep the day/night before?

Ugh Beni....that's a long day with not even a sip of water!!

Well, one paper said to not drink after midnight the night before, but then a nurse had written in "no liquid 6 hrs prior to prep time" which is 2 hrs before surgery. That would put me at 7 in the morning, and I'm sorry but ima get as much sleep as I can that morning bc I'll be busy drinking Water after probably.

Some people on here the doctor gives them a special soap to clean with, mine did not. At the pre op testing to day. They had me sign my consents, they weighed me and I interviewed with the nurse and the nurse anesthetist. That was it. I was given a paper on what meds to take and what not to take. And told I should not eat four hours before the surgery. I replied "eat what?" And laughed.

I had a hiatal hernia repaired when I had my lap band surgery back in 2008 and honestly, it felt SO much better after surgery. I had a anti-nausea patch with one of my surgeries, it was AMAZING! they had tried 3 different meds and none worked, except the patch. They put it behind your ear. Hopefully you won't have bad withdraw from the diet cokes! I've only had 1 headache and I was drinking 2-4 cups of coffee a day. I'm drinking Decaf now.

I hope thirty offer something like that at my hospital