Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

A photo it is!

If you would like to put a face to my name, I have a face shot as my "Before" picture. You'll have to look in my profile. I think all you do is click on my "wild flower" circle icon to get there.

Edited by Beni

All right a photo it is!

If you would like to put a face to my name, I have a face shot as my "Before" picture. You'll have to look in my profile. I think all you do is click on my "wild flower" circle icon to get there.

@@Beni Can't see it Mind you I'm still shy myself ☺️

Edited by Jyoyonomore

@@Beni Can't see it Mind you I'm still shy myself ☺️

@Beni. I had to go on my MacBook and go to the site in order to see your pic. Pretty Love your hair cut! I tend to keep my hair short too! I'am the one who is shy - not you! Bi expect to see an even bigger smile. 2 months PostOp Ok?

Drains are a pain in the butt!! I had a mastectomy 2 years ago and had 2 drains. They were honestly the WORST part of the whole process. The little suture that was wrapped around the tube, then sewn into the skin...OMG. It was soooo irritating. Once those bad boys came out I felt like a new woman!! Hang in there, you're one day closer to having that torture device removed ;)

I hate it so bad!! And the stuff that comes out?? Seriously, it's TISSUE!? Ugh, so freaking nasty. I just want it out I was up and about more today and we've had to change the bandages 3 times. That suture wrapped around the tube...yeah, just hanging there by a thread. I can't wait until Monday!!

A photo it is!

Whoohooo!!! Love your pic Beni! You look like I pictured you, LOL!! I love your haircut too. :-) I usually have mine short like that, but have just kind of let it grow the last several months. I'm afraid I'll lose some, but once I know I'm good, I'll probably cut it shorter again. I can't do anything to it right now so it's just shoved back with a headband. Very attractive!! I'd take a picture, but....yeah--pretty nasty! :-)

@Beni. I had to go on my MacBook and go to the site in order to see your pic. Pretty Love your hair cut! I tend to keep my hair short too! I'am the one who is shy - not you! Bi expect to see an even bigger smile. 2 months PostOp Ok?

Awww, don't be shy. :-) Nah, it's ok if you are. It's just nice to put a face to a name. But whenever you're comfortable doing so is good. :-)

Thirty-six hours to go and I'm starting to feel nervous. Tomorrow is the Clear liquids day. I have to drive back to Austin in the morning. (I was facilitating a couple of teacher's workshops today in Carthage). That means I'll 4.5 hours in the car to let my mind wander. Not sure that's such a good thing.

Deep breath. I've made it this far. Just keep swimmin. Just keep swimmin.

Thanks to everyone who has shared your story. The really do help. I don't post much, but I read often.

Thirty-six hours to go and I'm starting to feel nervous. Tomorrow is the Clear Liquids day. I have to drive back to Austin in the morning. (I was facilitating a couple of teacher's workshops today in Carthage). That means I'll 4.5 hours in the car to let my mind wander. Not sure that's such a good thing.

Thanks to everyone who has shared your story. The really do help. I don't post much, but I read often.

Add some prayers while you swim and you'll do great.

Ok so im on day 4 of my 7 day pre op liquid diet. Im not as hungry as i thought id be. Although cooking for my family and watching them eat foods i loved is not easy. But i know i have to do this. Surgery on wednesday...

Ok so im on day 4 of my 7 day pre op liquid diet. Im not as hungry as i thought id be. Although cooking for my family and watching them eat foods i loved is not easy. But i know i have to do this. Surgery on wednesday...

Thirty-six hours to go and I'm starting to feel nervous. Tomorrow is the clear liquids day. I have to drive back to Austin in the morning. (I was facilitating a couple of teacher's workshops today in Carthage). That means I'll 4.5 hours in the car to let my mind wander. Not sure that's such a good thing.

I tried to think of situations like that as a challenge and I was determined to not cheat once (I didn't). Once I'd accomplish that challenge it felt great and made me feel all the stronger for this new phase in my life. You've got this!!

Hang in there. You can do this.

That part was really hard for me too! But each day, each meal you get through is only going to give you strength! I'm 6 days post op today and this was the first time other forod bothered me since surgery. My family ordered Chinese. For a brief second I took it as a slap in the face...and then I shook it off. It's not their fault I chose to do this. They shouldn't change the way eat or not eat certain things just because I can't right now. So I took the time while they were eating and went to my bedroom and called a good friend and had a great chat!!

@@amylynns I totally agree with your post. I know my family has to continue to live and eat the things they enjoy. They have started making healthier choices as a means of supporting me, but tonight they had hot wings. Needless to say I've almost finished another good book! I'm not going to sit in the middle of temptation. This group has given me a lot of encouragement and I appreciate everyone for sharing.

Managed to go through an entire day with only liquids. I have a headache and can't sleep. Hope I can last 2 more days and all the way to 2:30 PM surgery on the third day.

There are 3 bananas on top of the fruit bowl. Every time I walk by they call my name. I have tried to get the kids to eat them but no one will. Today they have to go. I can't even go in the kitchen. I cannot loose the battle to a banana.

Non-conventional weapons for the fight:

1. After a major dig through Halloween costumes found a gladiator sword. It sits in "my new room" as a reminder

2. Purchased 50 shades of Grey. Usually not my kind of book. Anything to distract me, right?

3. Pedicure? Yes, I had one. I will probably have to remove the polish for Tuesday but for 1 hour I was food free

4. Tomorrow. I may have to cut the entire front lawn with scissors