Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a " Dear God let me get approved" Pal

Hey everyone, I figured I would post along with you! I am just waiting on approval.... i found out my paperwork was submitted Monday Sept 29th. I called aetna insurance today and they said they received it on Tuesday and it is under review. They said it could take up to 2 weeks to approve. No worries about approval. ..I don't know about the rest of you but just this waiting business is driving me crazy! I think what bothers me is not having any idea of when my date will be. ... makes it hard to plan things. Plus with all this. .I just got a notice for jury duty . . Apparently no date yet for that either. So much is just up in the air! Lol

MistorMimi I also work in healthcare and made sure to find out what my plan covered, what their requirements were, etc before even contacting a bariatric surgeon. I think some ppl just do not know they can or should do this.

How long did you wait to get your approval and who is your insurance with? Oh and CONGRATS!!!!

My insurance is with Coventry. It took 2 weeks which really isn't long except for me being in patience me. Lol.

I am doing shakes and Monday morning only Clear Liquids. I can't tell if my stomach is hungry or I'm just nervous. Good luck to all

Edited by annisa

I've been approved!!! My tentative date is 10/29! I'm in shock now... I have to get my labs, EKG and upper GI along with one more class about diet post OP. Oh boy... This is really happening!

Congrats to all who've been approved. I go to my last appointments today and then starts my wait for approval. Im starting to have second thoughts about it. Did anyone have second thoughts? I think it's just fear of the unknown or failure. ????

I wouldn't quite call it a second thought...but I did (and do!) have some nervousness about it. But I'm thinking it's fear of failure, fear of the unknown, all that. I've been fat for so long...I don't know who the skinny girl is anymore. Weird, huh?

I wouldn't quite call it a second thought...but I did (and do!) have some nervousness about it. But I'm thinking it's fear of failure, fear of the unknown, all that. I've been fat for so long...I don't know who the skinny girl is anymore. Weird, huh?

I know what you're talking about- I wonder sometimes about how things will be when I'm thinner

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy! Keep us posted!

rscaggs22, on 09 Oct 2014 - 12:08, said:

I've been approved!!! My tentative date is 10/29! I'm in shock now... I have to get my labs, EKG and upper GI along with one more class about diet post OP. Oh boy... This is really happening!

mmurray, on 09 Oct 2014 - 13:06, said:

I know what you're talking about- I wonder sometimes about how things will be when I'm thinner

I feel the same way!! I think..wowo, I will get to throw all my FAT clothes away! And, now I can't bust on myself with fat jokes. I won't have my " if I wasn't so Fat" thoughts! I can't wait for those days!!

Congrats to all who've been approved. I go to my last appointments today and then starts my wait for approval. Im starting to have second thoughts about it. Did anyone have second thoughts? I think it's just fear of the unknown or failure.

Oh yes I had second thought! Even up til they rolled me back to the OR. it's done now, no going back. I am going to look forward from this point on! Good luck

Everything has been summited today. But the DR. just said he want a stress test. Did you guys have to do a stress test??

Yes they are making me do one too I think it's unnecessary but I think it falls in the cover their ass category do u have any cardiac issues? I have AFib Which I take meds for but no heart disease blockages or structure issues cardiologist says it was brought on by sleep apnea but none the less I'm being made to do it anyway but hey who cares if they run up your bills u gotta pay them not their problem right

Yes I had to do one too.... My doctor said it's to make sure your heart is healthy enough to withstand surgery and even if you do not have any known heart problems he wanted it done because a lot of people have heart disease and don't know it