Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2014 POST-OP SLEEVERS CHECKING IN!

HELLO to all you September post-op folks. I have not seen a dedicated thread to us on here yet, so I thought I would start one. how is everyone doing? as for me I was sleeved yesterday (September 10th). I want to set this group up for all of us to check in and support each other.

Lets get some good discussions going on here. look forward to hearing from all of your success stories. Congrats to you all and welcome to the next chapter in your life!!!

I was in the hospital for less than 30 hours. I came out of surgery in pain but is was managed quickly. I was up walking the hallway 2 hours after surgery. slept a lot that first day. comfortable night. I actually went 6 hours without any pain meds that first night. x-ray next morning showed no leaks and got discharged before noon. glad to be home with my family.

trying to get all my liquids in. I really don't want to get dehydrated and end up in the hospital.

8 days post op (9/3/14). Doing well. The staples came out today and I am now allowed to have pureed food--woo hoo! Returning to work next Wednesday.

anyone experiencing heartburn? i was prescribed some pepcid, don't feel it working. hope this crap is temporary.

Off and on. The pepsid is working for me (I'm using the pepsid complete).

Was sleeved Monday at 8am, Spent the night in the hospital due to pain and nausea could barely keep Water down. Been home since Tuesday at 2:30, Have been doing pretty well since then, No pain when I'm drinking, No heart burn..Today I got 40oz of liquid in and 60grams of protein..

Hello all, I was sleeved yesterday Sept 10 as well 10am. I slept off and on almost the whole day in the hospital, came home tonight Thursday Sept 11. I have a few issues I'm kinda concerned about. My BP is high here at home on my BP machine (150/105) and I had a slight fever, I thought I felt warmer than usual. Got up to 99.5, not that high but gets kicked down because of pain meds (Tylenol-Codeine) every four hours. Other than that, drinking so far sips, isn't that easy either. I hope it gets better? I like others have one incision on the right that really is sore, and I sometimes have a sharp pain here and there from gas I'm thinking.

I was sleeved on 09/10. Still in hospital...worse pain for me is in shoulders, I guess it's still gas built up. Hospital needs a masseuse on staff! Lol

I was sleeved on Monday 9/8 at 2pm. I came home Tuesday around pm. 1st day was a struggle I was only able to get in about 16oz of fluids. Greg I was running a fever of 99.9 with high blood pressure on Wednesday but after a day of rest it came down and have been fine since. Yesterday i was able to get in 32oz of Water and 52g of Protein. Each day seems easier and easier although last night I must have been tossing and turning in my sleep and woke up on my stomach this morning with a ton of pain (which is gone now since I took my pill).

I am on prescription strength Prilosec - I haven't had any heartburn, but I been FULL of gas! My 1st appointment is Tuesday morning and should be returning to work by Wednesday.

I was sleeved on the 3rd and recovery has been pretty uneventful. I had my post op yesterday and everything appears to be on track. I am currently on full liquids with a few exceptions, such as thinned mashed potatoes. I've been taking Pepcid and haven't had any heartburn issues, although I think the acid is what causes the "hunger" I feel at times. Last night I had a strange episode of gas pains that plagued me all night, which sucks since I'm working from home today. Feeling very foggy and tired. Not sure what caused the gas? Still feeling some this am. I also started my Multivitamin for the first time yesterday and it was absolutely horrid! Think I'm going to try a chewable instead.

48 hours since I went into the operating room. Just got to keep telling myself that everyday will get better. lots of gurgling in my stomach this morning. I am setting my timer on my phone to go off every 15 minutes. need to watch Fluid levels and try to get good amount of protien in today. slept on a chaise lounge last night. worked out good. just enough to prop me up a bit. I have not tried to lay completely flat, but I don't think that would be too comfortable.

Ok this was my experience: I had surgery in TJ Mexico (best decision ever for me)! On Friday 9/5/14 I arrived to San Diego and taken to TJ Marriott then later we did a group tour which was great and met post op patients, had surgery 9/6/14 with 2 others that day, it was at a med spa hospital wow very upscale and got VIP treatment even my husband loved the service (they spoiled him)! Had surgery around 9:30am and dont really know what time I got out my husband says about 1.5 hours and woke up with blankets on me in a recoop. area didn't really feel pain or anything just needed to cough (sore throat) a few hours later was put in a private room and asked if I wanted to walk or felt ready I did about 5 -10 min then sat down on bed a bit laid and walked around off and on that night but did feel like I want to vomit but it was actually gas (burps) what helped me was ice chips when I had little moister in mouth I burped and it helped. Next morning they took me to 2 level to be were my husband slept (look like a modern NY style hotel room) that whole day I walked sat out in the center entailment/lunch room with out patients and chatted a bit or watched movies but mainly walk or sit on my room watching tv on lounge chair. Nurses changed my bandages after my shower and had some good broths and juice, really taken care of and felt comfortable. Next day early 9am got my leak test and all was great! I felt little sore I won't deny that but no pain at all I could stand. We then by my request we taken back to San Diego were we rented a car and did tourist thing went to beaches and to a great Phò shop for my broth (yumm)! Flew back next morning to Dallas and I am now 7 days post op and feeling good although I did leave work early cause my office chair is hard to move in! Last night I walked 1 mile and night before also but felt lots of gas release which helped me sleep perfect all night for the first time since op.

Dr. Alejandro Lopez and team are so worth it even if a little (not much) pricier then the others but can't compare his new Med Spa location to anyone else's! Going back to this Med Spa for Mommy makeover for certain! I'm still on liquids but maybe mid week will phase off the next stage! I'm getting about 30-40 oz of Water and 40-50 of Protein! Taking liquid vitamins (iron, Calcium, multi, B and D). So wish I had done this years ago I'm just happy I stop believing I loved my self just as I was although inside me hated when I saw weight restrictions stopping me from enjoying fun with my son and husband! :-)

Sleeved on 9/4. Had to spend two nights in hospital die to nausea and vomiting ( so bad I was vomiting blood). Swallowing test was fine so I got to come home. First few days were horrible. Not able to drink hardly anything. Finally it is getting better. Trying to sip all day long. I do notice that I do better first part of day. Check up is Wednesday 9/17 to get out staples. 31 lbs down so far.

I was sleeved on 09/10. Still in hospital...worse pain for me is in shoulders, I guess it's still gas built up. Hospital needs a masseuse on staff! Lol

HOPE YOU GET BETTER! walking really helped me get that gas pain out my right side of chest!