Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat girl Struggles .....

So they called me today and i have obstructive sleep apnea....I would of never thought..... I'm a lil sad.. Like how did i get to this place? How did i get so fat? My BMI is 48.. How did this happen???? I am 35 yrs old. I feel old..why? All these emotions came from that one call.. I really feel sad.. I know having co-Morbidities will help you get approved..but Idk how I feel about all this... I was so excited to get this started now I feel like what else do I have?? I don't really talk to anyone about it..cuz everyone feels like i can do it without surgery...They don't get it.other than my husband and my twins... I'm not telling anyone..but they don't really get it..they are not over weight. I'm feeling lonely right about now..and this is the only place I can let it out........ Fat girl Struggles

been there. i had many people tell me i could do it without srugery. yet the more i tried, the fatter i got. and the sicker i got.

sleep apnea will help you get approved, and if you lose like you WILL, it will be cleared up and gone in no time! just look at this negative piece of news as a MOTIVATING factor for WHY you really need to do this!

hang in there and post as you need to. best thing i EVER did. good luck!

Well you let it out my love. You feel old? You are 35 and have your best years ahead of you. I so wish this was around when I was 35. I spent my teens, twenties, thirties and forties obese. You have a chance not to do that. Go with the process to achieving better health. BTW, your sleep apnea would likely improve once you have lost some weight. Blessings.

I too, spent my CHILDHOOD, TEENS, twenties, thirties and most of my forties obese. Feel like I'm making up for lost time now having a second childhood! The older you get the worse the weight related health problems get. You still have a lot of life ahead of you and you'll get to live it as a healthy person! best gift ever!

Well you let it out my love. You feel old? You are 35 and have your best years ahead of you. I so wish this was around when I was 35. I spent my teens, twenties, thirties and forties obese. You have a chance not to do that. Go with the process to achieving better health. BTW, your sleep apnea would likely improve once you have lost some weight. Blessings.

This is the best thing I could have done for myself. I had the band in 09 and had nothing but issues until I decided to revise to the sleeve. I had to fight the insurance for it but I won! My PCOS is resolving ( i want kids) ... Big reason for having the surgery. I can stand for longer periods of time without my knees and hips hurting. I walk faster, I don't need naps, stairs are easier. I'm not out of breathe walking to my car from the store or my job. I can eat like a skinny person and feel full. I can eat a salad for the first time and be full and not need something else with it. It's freedom. I wouldn't change a thing except doing it back in 2009 if it was an option back then. Good luck to you.

@bikrchk. How long did it take you to get to your goal?

I can so relate. I'm going through the process and found out I have diabetes. I go get my sleep apnea results tomorrow (mixed emotions ) ! Hang in there friend, you 're not alone.

I know how you feel when others just don't get it. Hoping you get approved and you can be on to the new and exciting next chapter.