Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to throw in the towel

My band was unfilled in February 2014. I started getting fills again in April 2014. I exercise 4-5 days a week which includes cardio and weight training. The scale has only moved up not down. This very depressing and I have decided to remove the band. I'm very disappointed ...,.I dread going back to my fat clothes ( that I gave away ) but this is not working any more. Before my slipped , my working out and eating regimen helped me lose weight moderately . If I'm gaining weight without eating the bad stuff and watching my portions then something is wrong.

DONT GIVE UP NOW !!! You may not have hit the green zone if you've only been getting fills since April. Go vack and talk to your Dr. about this problem, he's seen it before, im sure. You are giving up WAY too easily because of minor setbacks. " working out is hard, eating right is hard, loosing weight is hard.............. being overweight is hard,........... choose your hard !" Author unknown. Good luck, you got this !!

Please hang in there. Please. It took me 6 fills to get to my zone....I too was all depressed and ready to give up, just last week, and low and behold I go to my doctor yesterday and I had lost 9 pounds...YOU CAN DO THIS.....Slow and steady wins the race. Talk with your doctor please don't give up...

Don't give up! You're worth it!

Thank yup so much for your words of encouragement . I'm going to take a deep breath and figure all this out after the holiday. right now I'm just drinking my Water and watching my food intake . What's strange is that I actually felt some restriction today when I ate .

I think it took me 4 fills to get to the green zone the 1st time. Then sometimes with other fills it would'nt really kick in until several days later. My DR. told me it wasn't an exact science, as everybodys body was different, and could react differently. So, just stay on your course and DONT give up, its a TEMPORARY setback ! You got this !!

I'm really practicing on chewing my food thoroughly. I believe this is what caused my band to slip before. So I'm being really mindful moving forward . Thanks for all the feedback :)

I'm still looking for my green zone. Also getting very frustrated. I got another fill yesterday and am now up to 7.5cc. I asked about revision surgery as well. I've lost 20ish lbs since having the band that I've kept off. I've lost up to 40lbs and gained back when I was off work and had no insurance for over a year. I've gained 7 since this time last year and I've had 2 fills this year (before the one yesterday), but I keep hanging on to those pounds. Not gaining, but not going down. I haven't felt any real restriction yet!!

I'm on liquids again today and then soft/mushy tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll do if I can't make something happen this go around. Right now I feel so dang hungry though.My body still trying to make that adjustment I suppose. If i can get back to my real workouts I know it would help...I've been in an aircast for a while due to tendon/plantar fasciitis. Which I know would really get better if I could lose some weight!!!

I guess all we can do is keep fighting for it.

How do you know if your band slipped? What are the symptoms?

This is a life decision for me. There is no 'throw in the towel' on my health/wellness. Sometimes I expect will be easier, sometimes harder. I had no insurance coverage, paid every cent for my life change. I wish everyone Good Luck and read everything and get advice from your doctor when required

Sometimes you have to eat like you have restriction even if you do not have it.

cheri

Loosing weight is all about calories consumed versus calories burned....

I once had a Dr. tell me the simplest truth once....he said I was fat because I ate too much! "STOP EATING"

Problem was, I could not control my eating on my own, and when my health and my life for that matter started to suffer, my PCP refereed me for WLS - Lap band.

Don't ask me what I eat, or how much,counting carbs, calories or anything that sounds like traditional Diet mumbo-jumbo, because I don't know or don't care....All I know is I eat very little, and when I do, it is always something aimed at Protein if practicable...I'll not waste that small window on something like a slice of pizza, etc.or anything that has no real nutritional value...., that is not going to do me any good....when I do eat, it has to be the very best!

Last summer I had 1/2 cc taken out of my band, for no good reason...just asked to have it done...immediately I started to eat more, and started to gain weight....went right back and had that 1/2 cc put back in...(had to put up with the Dr.'s and staff's "I Told you so's") and all that happened within 2-3 weeks. It can be that sensitive a balance.

Edited by B-52