Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New member of Lap-Bands - Surgery Date Set

<p>Hello:</p> <p>I am new and I just received a call yesterday </p> <p>that my Lap-Band surgery is scheduled for </p> <p> May 29, 2007. </p> <p> </p> <p>Is anyone else having surgery </p> <p>around that date that I can chat with? </p> <p>I am having it done at St. Margaret Mercy Hospital</p> <p>in Dyer, Indiana with Dr. Cahall.</p> <p>Is that familar to anyone out there?</p> <p> </p> <p>Anyone already have surgery who is just a few days out? </p> <p> </p> <p>As for everyone else, </p> <p>what is the top 10 things </p> <p>that I need to know </p> <p>coming out of surgery?</p> <p>I am sooooo excited. A new life is about to begin.faint.gif</p> <p> </p> <p>Carolamen.gif</p>

Congrats. I have my date set for May 23rd... I too am getting anxious and am really excited. Been going to nutrition classes learning how to eat after being banded... it's been a challenge trying to eat 6 small meals per day and getting all the needed Protein in. I know it'll help in the long run, but it's definitely hard to get used to!!!! Good luck !

Hi this is my first post after reading the emails for almost 2 mos now. I really want to give this gift to myself and have somewhat started the process. I have my first consultation at Cincinnati Weight loss center on May 17th. I am hoping to find out more about how the insurance side of it works. Like what exactly do they need and from who? How long does it normally take to get approved etc.. Also I have read how some people still have lots of cravings and are still overeating. I didn't think it was possible to over eat with the band. I really want to succeed with this and need some postive experiences.. I am taking the money out of my 401 K and want this to be the best decision I have made for myself.... Any thoughts?

weight.png[/img]

HI! I am going to have surgery on Thursday. I am in Texas so I don't know anything about your doctor but I would be happy to share info with you.

I am so excited, even with today being my first liquid day!

Hi there... I am having surgery on Weds May 9th. My doctor is Dr. Ninh Nguyen in Orange County at UCI Medical Center. I had researched several doctors in the area over 2.5 month period and found his group to be one of the best rated in Orange County CA plus my Insurance rated him well and approved the surgery.

I will make sure I share my journey as other's have so you will have a "kinda" knowledge on what to expect.

Currently I just started the 3 day liquid diet before surgery and having caffeine withdraws. So that would be one thing I would suggest before surgery - try to wein yourself of that before you can't have it anymore.. :heh:

This forum has been a great wealth of information for me as I started "thinking" about this option in January. Take your time to read as much as you can and you will be well educated. It sure has helped me out!!

Good luck on your surgery.

Kitty

Banded date - May 9th 07

Dr. Ninh Nguyen - UCI Med Cntr

Post OP - 279

Goal - 165

[Hi=cmacinga;460651]<p>Hello:</p> <p>I am new and I just received a call yesterday </p> <p>that my Lap-Band surgery is scheduled for </p> <p> May 29, 2007. </p> <p> </p> <p>Is anyone else having surgery </p> <p>around that date that I can chat with? </p> <p>I am having it done at St. Margaret Mercy Hospital</p> <p>in Dyer, Indiana with Dr. Cahall.</p> <p>Is that familar to anyone out there?</p> <p> </p> <p>Anyone already have surgery who is just a few days out? </p> <p> </p> <p>As for everyone else, </p> <p>what is the top 10 things </p> <p>that I need to know </p> <p>coming out of surgery?</p> <p>I am sooooo excited. A new life is about to begin.faint.gif</p> <p> </p> <p>Carolamen.gif</p>

Hi! My surgery date is on May 24! I am very excited and extremely nervous. Not about the procedure but about life after banding!

congrats and good luck to everyone! my date is 5/21 - luckily I don't need a pre-op liquid diet. That's going to be the hardest part for me- I don't like Soup and then the mushy stage- I can't stand eggs. Thank goodness for places like this board to pick up hints of ways to make this journey better!