Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi im 6 days post op and I just looked at my liquid diet plan and it said that I can have low fat cream Soup, any suggestions on what kind of of cream soup? because Im starting to get tired of these shakes I want something different.

I'm 7 days out and I'm trying Pregresso 'Lite' potato Soup and its pretty good..

Easy use Campbells and make it using Water. The problem I had at that time frame was getting to much salt. And I doubt I will ever eat another can of creamed Soup in my life. Another food I used at the time was Veggy Chilly blended and thinned out with water. I could control the salt better. Another thing to remember were your at, is dont worry about calories or protien, but get your water in. Let me repeat myself get your water in. As you heal the calorie and Protein thing will come together. You will find yourself getting better as time goes on, but it takes time to heal mentally and physically. Its confusing at times, but gets much better.

Thanks y'all, I have been drinking alot of Water, Gatorade and sugar free popsicles, I just want something different but I am doing alot better im able to move around, and walk around alot which I thought I wasnt going to be able to do.

I buy the Imagine brand creamy Soups. I need gluten free, and theirs are.

Hi im 6 days post op and I just looked at my liquid diet plan and it said that I can have low fat cream Soup, any suggestions on what kind of of cream soup? because Im starting to get tired of these shakes I want something different.

I was sleeved on the 19th, so at a similar point, I hear you about the shakes, I'm getting sick of them too in fact after the pre-op diet, I was already sick of them, too sweet and I was craving more saltieness. So I started doing broths, better but kind of flavorless. So I took a container of chicken broth, cut some celery, carrots, and onions and simmered, getting all the flavor I could out of those vegetables, strained it, dumped in a scoop of unflavored Protein (careful to stay under 130 deg.), and man, you would have thought you died and went to heaven. Today I bought some wonton soup, gave my wife the wontons (only part we ate in the past) and it was delish, a lot of salt, but delish. Hope some of those ideas help, I just have one week to go on liquids, how about you?

Hello. I like the progresso cheesy chicken enchilada cream soup.....any of the progresso cream Soups are really good. Just skim out the chunks and Water it down a little....heat to 135 degrees and add some unflavored Protein. I mix the Protein with a little Water separately so there aren't any bits once its smooth I add it to the Soup. Otherwise, its hard to mix directly in the soup when its hot. I also mix some cream of chicken and cream of mushroom together for a different flavor. Or broccoli cheese soup with cream of chicken. Just play with whats out there. Just strain. All pretty good. Today pureed Hormel chili with Beans until smooth and watered it down pretty good....16 grams of protein in it already. But, theres more Fiber in the chili so I didn't eat as much....but boy did it taste good! I don't get the light or fat free soups. At this point the calories we are getting are so low anyway and if you completely eliminate fat from your diet your hair and skin get super dry. And sometimes they add more sugar to a food when the fat is taken out so they don't lose flavor. Good Luck!

I mixed unflavored Protein powder with every kind if cream Soup I could find... Lobster bisque, Tomato, potato leek, Cream of shrimp, asparagus, chicken, mushroom, celery... Some of them had little chunks in them so I diluted them with milk or Water and strained them first.

I Never worried about the fat content. In fact, my surgeon's dietician laughed when I questioned the fat content of the drinkable yogurt she recommended. You can't possibly eat enough at this point for the fat calories to matter. Besides, you need fat in your diet for cellular functions and absorption of Vitamins. Avocados were a fav when I got to mushies...still are, along with nuts, real 1/2 and 1/2 for my coffee and regular 4% cottage cheese. Check the labels...."low fat". Usually has higher carbs.

Edited by Kindle

I was sleeved on the 19th, so at a similar point, I hear you about the shakes, I'm getting sick of them too in fact after the pre-op diet, I was already sick of them, too sweet and I was craving more saltieness. So I started doing broths, better but kind of flavorless. So I took a container of chicken broth, cut some celery, carrots, and onions and simmered, getting all the flavor I could out of those vegetables, strained it, dumped in a scoop of unflavored Protein (careful to stay under 130 deg.), and man, you would have thought you died and went to heaven. Today I bought some wonton Soup, gave my wife the wontons (only part we ate in the past) and it was delish, a lot of salt, but delish. Hope some of those ideas help, I just have one week to go on liquids, how about you?

I also have one week to go and I cant wait food is all I think about, I sit and watch my husband make himself and our son dinner and im just looking like wow that looks good, but I've managed to turn my nose up to food atleast for now any way lol where can I find unflavored Protein Powder do they sell them in stores or just online?

Edited by celisa23

I was sleeved on the 19th, so at a similar point, I hear you about the shakes, I'm getting sick of them too in fact after the pre-op diet, I was already sick of them, too sweet and I was craving more saltieness. So I started doing broths, better but kind of flavorless. So I took a container of chicken broth, cut some celery, carrots, and onions and simmered, getting all the flavor I could out of those vegetables, strained it, dumped in a scoop of unflavored Protein (careful to stay under 130 deg.), and man, you would have thought you died and went to heaven. Today I bought some wonton Soup, gave my wife the wontons (only part we ate in the past) and it was delish, a lot of salt, but delish. Hope some of those ideas help, I just have one week to go on liquids, how about you?

I also have one week to go and I cant wait food is all I think about, I sit and watch my husband make himself and our son dinner and im just looking like wow that looks good, but I've managed to turn my nose up to food atleast for now any way lol

I also have one week to go and I cant wait food is all I think about, I sit and watch my husband make himself and our son dinner and im just looking like wow that looks good, but I've managed to turn my nose up to food atleast for now any way lol

Are you hungry or just obsessed with food, aromas, looks, etc.? One thing that struck me during pre-op and now post op, is all the adverstisement for food. I'll be willing to bet more than half the commercials we see on TV are for food. If you think about it advertisers do everything they can to make their product appealing and to tempt your every sense to get you to buy it, especially restaurants. That's not evil, it's their business, I guess I'm a penultimate capitalist. I've found that I'm not really hungry, although foods smell so good, I'm on websites for restaurants I want to go to when I am finally able to, I'm thinking about the holidays and being OK by then. So a lot of this is a mental challenge and that's the part the we're responsible for.

BTW- just noticed you had Dr. Roberts, me too!

Wow I so understand what you are going through. I would watch the food channels all day long. My husband hated it because it made him hungry but it was very comforting for me and help me stay on plan. It was a very dark time lol.

Are you hungry or just obsessed with food, aromas, looks, etc.? One thing that struck me during pre-op and now post op, is all the adverstisement for food. I'll be willing to bet more than half the commercials we see on TV are for food. If you think about it advertisers do everything they can to make their product appealing and to tempt your every sense to get you to buy it, especially restaurants. That's not evil, it's their business, I guess I'm a penultimate capitalist. I've found that I'm not really hungry, although foods smell so good, I'm on websites for restaurants I want to go to when I am finally able to, I'm thinking about the holidays and being OK by then. So a lot of this is a mental challenge and that's the part the we're responsible for. BTW- just noticed you had Dr. Roberts, me too!

I'm not hungry or obsessed with food, it's just when my husband is first cooking it, it smell good then I just get a weird nasty smell right after I guess that's my brain saying stay away lol. That's cool we have the same surgeon, when was your surgery and what town do to live in? Maybe we can be surgery buddies up here.