Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so excited leave tomorrow for surgery Tuesday morning! You guys I feel like such a jerk Thursday when I had my consult with my surgeon I kept rambling on about all sorts of nonsense all of the legitimate questions I had I never asked... I am such an idiot! I guess I was so nervous and excited I couldn't even think. Anyone else had that problem? Do you think that I will have a chance to speak with him the morning of the procedure?

Don't feel bad about asking questions. We're having a major procedure completed. I was very nervous when I saw my surgeon last week and I knew I would be so I wrote down my questions the night before. When I saw him I asked him 3 of 6 questions lol. Lucky for me he covered all the areas I questioned. I hope you get the answers you need before your procedure. Wishing you the best!!!

I didn't get to see or talk to my doctor till i was discharge from the hospital... But don't worrie everything is gonna be good I been 2day out of the hospital n yes its hard being in a liquid diet I just want to go eat regular food and stuff my self but I'm keeping it positive cause I really wanted this surgery so my health could get better so if you really want it you will good just be positive.. Good luck..

I am getting sleeved on the 16th, I too am excited and nervous. I feel like I'm about to break up with someone and her name is food, we've had a long long love affair and it's over. I'm looking forward to the new me.

I am getting sleeved on the 16th, I too am excited and nervous. I feel like I'm about to break up with someone and her name is food, we've had a long long love affair and it's over. I'm looking forward to the new me.

we will have the same surgiversary! That's is amazing and I too have a torrid love affair with that hooker!! We are going to look and feel so great this will be the best thing we've ever done for ourselves!

New to the website and getting sleeved on September 24th!! Today was my first day of pre-op diet. I'm really excited, but I'm absolutely terrified to do this!!!!!!!!! :( :blush: :lol:

This may sound weird, but with my date of 9/24, I am not so much scared for the surgery, the liquid diet, any anticipated pain from surgery. I am scared to death of being "skinny" if my body takes me to that point. I would like to lose 150 pounds and I can't even imagine what that is going to be like. A whole new world, new looks from people, perhaps more respect from others. I hate clothes shopping now, and I will inevitably have to buy more clothes, but will my mind ever "match" my body??? I know therapy will help, and I have a fantastic psychologist who specializes with morbid obesity. I am thankful for this board, to just, "let it out". Thanks for reading. Best wishes to all the other September sleevers!!!!

:wacko:

Looks like we have the same surgery date :) I have the exact same feelings that you're having! I can handle all of the struggles of this surgery. But I'm so scared to be skinny! I have never been skinny in my adult life. I feel like I'm about to become a whole new person and I have no idea how to do it. I have an awesome support system, and I know that I'll be just fine. But I'm absolutely terrified!!

A week from today!!

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

I am a September 30th surgery date as well, but still waiting for final insurance approval.

I am sadly NOT going to be a September 24 sleever anymore. I am beyond frustrated, but trying to still be good. I have been so ready, bought all my Vitamins and post surgery items to be told today by my insurance company that I was supposed to register with "their" program and after I registed a NP will be giving me a call on September 29th. I called back in April and asked everything, they NEVER transferred me to the bariatric area of my insurance, not even a mention of it!!!!!!!! Now, surgery that was for next week is cancelled, by claim for my short term disability closed, all the arrangments for my work to be done again, later as well as childcare arrangements for my son. This sucks, I am venting, crying inside so my son doesn't see (he is four). Picked him up from school all happy as usual and one of his young buddies asked if I had a baby in my belly. I thought I would bust crying, but nope. Thank god I have a therapy appointment tomorrow.I just want to scream!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by lishen

Hello good luck and I am also the 25th!!!

Hey everyone, I just registered so a newbie to this BP. My surgery date is September 25th! I look forward to getting to know y'all so please say hello!

Started pre op liquids Friday. Was doing good til Sunday and this evening. Just needed some meat. Which led to cheese. Which led to a teaspoon if Peanut Butter. My surgery is September 24 and I'm praying I didn't mess up the liver thing. I'm down 16lbs since starting dr diet 3 weeks ago.

Edited by mchiasson68