Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still waiting for my approval & date. I expect it to be in September . I'm having a hard time finding a good Meal Replacement shake for my 2 week liquid diet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Lots of blessings to all.

My doc. office kind of pushes the fusion products, so I went to the drug store near his office and bought sample packets. It was like drinking the smell of burnt hair. So one of the other people going to the classes had said they got the Unjury and liked it better. You can't buy it in the store, have to order it online, but omg, the difference. They have a starter sample kit you can order to try all the flavors. After trying it I ordered a few packets and then the container of the chocolate splender. It, like all the others, still has a little "smell" to it, but I just drink it without smelling. lol. And when I had days that it was hard to sit and drink a whole 6 or 8 oz glass , I would just make 1/2 shakes and drink more of them.

Hi, everyone! I am scheduled as of now for Sept. 16, but I am still waiting on my pre-cert to be approved. It was submitted at the end of last week. I REALLY hope my insurance approves me - I will be devastated if they do not. I've already started my pre-op diet, and I am just SO excited to have this done! The waiting is killing me LOL

I am scheded for surgery on the 29th in Buffalo. Start my liver reduction diet on the 19th and have a pre op workshop on the 10th. I havent gotten any Protein Shakes yet because I see so many different kinds. I have texture issues and am looking for one that isnt too gritty.... good luck everyone! :)

I'm 9/22 too! Can't wait!

I am new to this site, and I needed some encouragement. I just got my call from the pre-op nurse with all of my instructions for the morning of my surgery. I am scheduled September 2nd at 7am, and I am freaking out in a good and bad way. :o I am excited about the changes that are coming. I have a friend that did the sleeve almost a year ago and she has had nothing but amazing results. She's lost over 85lbs, and still losing, but now my mom is really scared for me. I understand I'm her child, and any parent should be scared, but she's been asking me to reconsider. She was with me when the doctor talked to me about the surgery and said it's irreversable, and of course he has to go through the good and bad. I've been in the medical field and know that doctors have to give all of the good the bad and the ugly about any procedure. I think my mom is getting to me, and I'm almost considering cancelling it all together. I think, though, I'm not happy right now, and nothing else has worked. Anyone have any thoughts about all of this? :unsure:

You'll be great! You've got this!

I'm taking 2 weeks off might go back early have desk job.

I hope to take two weeks off as well. I have arranged the date specifically to get back to work two weeks out. I hope that is realistic!

I am so nervous....in 16 hours I will be walking into the surgical center for the biggest decision of my life. I have been put through an emotional rollercoaster with friends and family over this, and I decided that I am going to go through with this regardless of the opinions I get. I just wish the jitters would stop now. Ahhh September 2nd you came so quickly!!!!

You've got this? Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

You've got this? Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

No question mark intended. Just a typo! You've got this!

So many of us on 9/22!

My weight right now is 320 so I'm hoping to get some off with the 3 week preop diet. I am allowed to eat whatever I want as long as it falls under 40 grams of carbs a day. I just found car smart ice cream bars with 11 grams of carbs and mostly sugar substitutes. So for my sweet tooth it will do lol.

They said if I want a piece of bread or whatever I can, but then I need to be mindful of my carbs the rest of day. I am mostly eating veggies and chicken so i have 11 carbs to spare.

I made an iced coffee with sugar free vanilla Creamer and espresso shots and I actually have to say it's not bad at all!

I am in the same boat. My surgery is scheduled for 9/23 and I am waiting for my pre-auth as well. It's nerve wracking!

Hi, everyone! I am scheduled as of now for Sept. 16, but I am still waiting on my pre-cert to be approved. It was submitted at the end of last week. I REALLY hope my insurance approves me - I will be devastated if they do not. I've already started my pre-op diet, and I am just SO excited to have this done! The waiting is killing me LOL

I am in the same boat. My surgery is scheduled for 9/23 and I am waiting for my pre-auth as well. It's nerve wracking!

My surgery is 9/23 as well!!

Omg I can't believe I posted my weight!